PDA

View Full Version : FULL day in the saddle

denverbusa
Sun May 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Looking to get a good long day in tomorrow.

I am thinking Bishops Castle via Deckers, Woodland Park, Cripple Creek, backroads to Hwy 9, Royal Gorge, Bishops Castle,115 back to the Springs then home.

My plan would be to leave the MoCO about 8:30 - 9:00 at the latest. It will be a long day to make the route so stops will not be too frequent, at least early in the day. I ride the pace so this isn't a barn burner just a good long day with more riding than talking about riding.

The road home from the Springs may also be a long one due to traffic. That sucks but its not that far to the Monument cut off to Sedalia.

Weather may be an issue later in the day as they are saying scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Just bringing a rain coat for good measure.

Hummm... I wonder if I can think of any other excuses not to go????
I haven't fit Pilots $30 gel seat to the Busa yet!
I have got too many other things to do.
Neighbors BBQ with free beer and steaks!
Cops!

Not enough. Who's in?

ZX Rider
Sun May 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I wish I could go, but don't think my wrist would let me ride so much.
We did similar ride two years ago with pilot. It was a lot of fun.
So if you wanna do it again later this summer I'm all for it.
Have a great and safe ride.

pilot
Sun May 25th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Mark, this is very tempting. But, my bike is due for a tune-up after the ride to the west coast. Damn. Hey, PM me if you want to chat about doing an Iron Butt.

fullgrownbear
Sun May 25th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Mark..

Myself and another friend are meeting at moco at 0730. We are then meeting up with Sal at an unknown location later on. He has to get his chain put on.

Let me know if you'd like to ride

denverbusa
Sun May 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Mark..

Myself and another friend are meeting at moco at 0730. We are then meeting up with Sal at an unknown location later on. He has to get his chain put on.

Let me know if you'd like to ride

I will be there

Danjo
Sun May 25th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I'll be there.

noskills
Sun May 25th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Count me in. Breakfast in Woodland or should I come fed?

Repsol a095
Sun May 25th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Mark, Toby,

How about you guys hit Pueblo instead? If not, have a great ride, and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Patrick

asp_125
Sun May 25th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I just got back from doing that ride today. We looped around Cripple Creek / Victor. Road is in great shape, no sand southbound to Deckers! Except for sucky Springs traffic there weren't too many on the roads today.

noskills
Mon May 26th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Mark, Toby,

How about you guys hit Pueblo instead? If not, have a great ride, and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Patrick

Hey Patrick,
PMI? Wish I could. I have the gear but not the intro class. It on my summer to do though!

Danjo
Mon May 26th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I'm not sure others noticed - FULLGROWNBEAR jacked this thread and we are meeting at MOCO at 730am and going north.

fullgrownbear
Mon May 26th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Thread Jackin ;)

pilot
Mon May 26th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Yah, so got there at 8:10ish. Checked with the clerk and she said that like 15 bikes were there and gone. You guys musta bin slammin' Go-Fasts. Anyways, helping a guy do some service work on his Kawi and then we'll hit the road for a few. I hope you have rain gear, ha. Looking forward to the pictures.

noskills
Mon May 26th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Yah, so got there at 8:10ish. Checked with the clerk and she said that like 15 bikes were there and gone. You guys musta bin slammin' Go-Fasts.

Pilot sorry we missed ya. I just about missed out too. It wasn't until I took a second look and saw Danjo's post of "I'm not sure others noticed - FULLGROWNBEAR jacked this thread ..."

It was my first time at Bishops Castle. I have to say that guy has quite a vision and rocks on the brain. It was a great day. If I lived closer I think I would make the trip up to the castle daily just to hit the two 25 mph sweepers. Mark, thanks for the ride!

denverbusa
Mon May 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Yah, so got there at 8:10ish. Checked with the clerk and she said that like 15 bikes were there and gone.

Sorry Dude!
I checked the string before I left the house about 7:10, if you were a little more positive about coming I would have gladly hung out a little more. I know you are on the road alot now and when you do get home going for a ride may not be top of the list. Next time you want to get out for a ride just shout and I will try to make it.

pilot
Mon May 26th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Pilot sorry we missed ya. I just about missed out too. It wasn't until I took a second look and saw Danjo's post of "I'm not sure others noticed - FULLGROWNBEAR jacked this thread ..."

It was my first time at Bishops Castle. I have to say that guy has quite a vision and rocks on the brain. It was a great day. If I lived closer I think I would make the trip up to the castle daily just to hit the two 25 mph sweepers. Mark, thanks for the ride!

Sorry Dude!
I checked the string before I left the house about 7:10, if you were a little more positive about coming I would have gladly hung out a little more. I know you are on the road alot now and when you do get home going for a ride may not be top of the list. Next time you want to get out for a ride just shout and I will try to make it.Ah, that's cool. So, how did the ride go--rain, snow, sleet, sunny?

denverbusa
Mon May 26th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Round trip from the Conoco today was only 380 miles. I thought it was a little more than that. We took the route as described above, and made the journey in 8 hours. We stopped for a great breakfast in Woodland Park, so 7 hours with out that stop.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/denverbusa/PICT0143.jpg

The clouds chased us all day long but we managed to out run them. It was beautiful and sunny most of the day but there was always the threat of rain. I got rained on finally at 470 and Bowles about 5 miles from home. No complaints here.

The roads had no sand what so ever all day long. It was like someone had washed the roads for us. :hump: The roads were completely dry after about 10:00.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/denverbusa/PICT0144.jpg

We did see a very high volume of police out there but seemed to luck out at every encounter except the one that flashed us. I even pulled over just in case he was turning around but he was just giving us a warning I guess. :cool:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/denverbusa/PICT0148.jpg

It was a great day for sure. Toby, I know we will ride again soon so I will see ya out there. Thanks for coming along!

Mark

Danjo
Mon May 26th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Those of us that went north...got wet...and a little cold. It was good hanging out, but the rain ran us out of the canyons twice and we had a chain delay:banghead:. Better luck next time!

fullgrownbear
Mon May 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
nice pictures. i wish we wouldve wound up going south. it was still good to get out however. please excuse the bad grammar ust got a new phone i am posting this from. cheers :)

pilot
Tue May 27th, 2008, 09:58 AM
nice pictures. i wish we wouldve wound up going south. it was still good to get out however. please excuse the bad grammar ust got a new phone i am posting this from. cheers :)Now I know what you guys are really doing on the side of the highway, ha.

fullgrownbear
Tue May 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM
But it all stops on July 18th. CCPD is calling my name ;)

pilot
Tue May 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Central City, Cripple Creek, Commerce City? Man, there are a lot of CC's. Good luck.