PDA

View Full Version : Huge thanks to many many people...

Slo
Sun May 25th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped me recently get into the MRA and into a friggin race. Many of you know of the recent multiple non-stop issues I have had....

Dirk, you are the man. I have already learned many things from you and your character, if it weren't for you on many different levels, this weekend in Hastings definitely wouldn't have happened.

Chris and Adam, thanks for all the help on the bike and encouragement as well....

Doug (all-labout-me), thanks for the trailer and transponder, will have it back to you in a couple days

Jim from TFOG, awesome shop and stands by his commitments, always a pleasure talking with you.

Joe/JPL racing, I know you went out of your way to make sure I made it into the races and I appreciate it.

Mark Schellinger, you know how you helped me, looking forward to learning from you later this year!!!!!

Chris Weed and Dion (DARC racing), Jim (Ugly Dog Racing), Mike A and Jason L (Faster Motorsports), all the guys from Team Youngblood, Scott (rybo), Sheila, and all the others I met out at this weekends event, thank you. Not just for showing me lines, but the advice, and encouragement, all of it was truely appreciated. Crash, thanks for loaning me your rear set until mine came in.

*edit*
I apologize, I forgot about Dave from COPowersports (spicee brown) for fixing my tire/wheel for me
*end edit*

And of course......members of CSC, you guys/gals are the shiznit (did I say that right?). So many of you have always encouraged me to get out there while wishing me luck!!!!

dirkterrell
Sun May 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Dirk, you are the man. I have already learned many things from you and your character, if it weren't for you on many different levels, this weekend in Hastings definitely wouldn't have happened.

Nice riding out there today, man. Great finishes (10th and 12th for those of you that don't know.) :up: Glad we could beat all the gremlins back and get you out there.

Dirk

TopTier
Sun May 25th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Congrats on the weekend Jay.

Slo
Sun May 25th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks Jon, I'll see you at Pueblo next month, I will be with Dirk, Chris (aracheon), and Garret (firefghtr).....

1ofTheBoys
Mon May 26th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Jay, awesome to have you out there this weekend. Youre turning some pretty good times on the track. It's great to see new racers out there and I know you and Chris were deffinately having fun.

See you in Pueblo.

pauliep
Mon May 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Big ups Jay, congrats

PsychoMike
Mon May 26th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Big ups Jay, congrats

word

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon May 26th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Congrats Jay. Nice job man.

Spicee Brown
Mon May 26th, 2008, 10:56 AM
..big ups yourself, Jay! respect! Booya Kasha!
Im jealous, i'll see you at pueblo soon. I am Rusty and i need to see if i can keep up with you ( not likely..)
Way to get back on that horse and ride it!

2Blue
Mon May 26th, 2008, 03:52 PM
It's was nice to meet you Jay! Man your too funny! My family and I got a kick out of you. Great riding out there and congrats on your first race weekend.

See ya at Pueblo!

tl1000riders
Mon May 26th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Congrats guys!!!! :alien:

-PUCK-
Mon May 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Jay, glad too see you get your feet wet finally. Sounds like you went well out there in Hastings. I love that track. Nice job and hope to see ya in Pueblo next month! :up:

LQ3
Mon May 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Congrats Jay!!

Slo
Mon May 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks again everyone....through this website it made things so much easier to "integrate" into the MRA, I was severely intimidated and nervous out there for many reasons but damn, was it a rush!!!!! All I could think on the grid was "WTF did I just get myself into?!?!?!?!"

Curtis, your family is always welcome to take part in laughing at me, glad I could have a chance to meet them.

Getting my feet wet, almost went off the track and would have ended up in the mud haha. It's a whole different world out there on race days. But definitely learned within a lap or two on what I severely need to work on. Damn, I should have started on a 600 haha.....

All the rest of you interested in track days should think about getting in there, theres nothing like it.

Me and Dirk are discussing an idea within the MRA to expose it even more using the web so stay tuned....

cromer611
Tue May 27th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Jay, was fun ridin with ya man : ) ill see you at pueblo?

Slo
Tue May 27th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Was a blast, see you there next month!!

Slo
Tue May 27th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Forgot to mention, in Open Endurance, I got my best finish ever!!!!! 3rd from last and was lapped, but learned the most during this race.

hcr25
Tue May 27th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Good job out there Jay! Everyone feels the same the first time out there on the grid. I think i saw you in a few turns in Open/heavy endurance, from what i saw your lines looked right on. I didnt get to watch many races it was a busy weekend for me.

All-Labout-me
Tue May 27th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Congratulations Jay!
I was wondering how you did in Hastings on the ride in this morning.
My biggest concern was the rain. I checked the MRA board and no mention of it. Sounds like you had a fun and safe race weekend.
I'm SO glad all went well.

Talk to you soon.
-Doug

Aracheon
Tue May 27th, 2008, 07:51 AM
What a hell of a weekend... and I would like to mirror Jay's thanks to everyone.

We had too many factors working against us this weekend; factors from parts availability to mechanical and technical issues to having missed practice sessions and this being our first time on the track. But in spite of it all, everything worked out. We had a great time, we didn't crash, and we all had a hell of a good time.

Lel
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:16 AM
nice job this weekend! glad you had fun!

lel

Sortarican
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
....So many of you have always encouraged me to get out there while wishing me luck!!!!

Technically I wasn't encouraging you.
Mostly I just wanted to get your sandbagging ass running with the numbered guys on track days.
My ego got tired of you passing me all the damn time.:banghead:

:lol: J/K Jay,
Way to go.
Looking forward to cheering you on down in Pueblo.

98rc46
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Have to add my thanks as well:

Dirk - for all the help in the pits
Sasha - for the encouragement
Pilot - training and bike setup
Dave/MotoSix - fantastic tire support
Dave/PV Motorsports - great paint job

Sheila - without her help and support my first race weekend would not have happened.

Ric

D Berns R6
Tue May 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Dave/PV Motorsports - great paint job

Ric

Your bike looked awesome Ric! Glad you had fun this past weekend. Let me know if I could help out anymore.

Derek

BlueDevil
Tue May 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Word.. Nioe job out there Jay... Next stop on the box !!!