PDA

View Full Version : Gauges don't work!!!

JPrider
Mon May 26th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I was riding with no problem and then I went to put gas on the bike and started it up again, my gauges would not work. I can't see the speedometer, tach, temp, miles; the only thing I can see is my signal light indicator and the high beam light indicator. Checked my fuses and they are all good. Then my daytime running light in the rear don't work as well, however when I use the brakes it works. WTF!!! Does anybody have a clue what the problem might be. Any help would be appreciated!

I hope I don't have to get a new gauge.

JP

T-Dub
Mon May 26th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Are your headlights working? If so, I would recheck all of the fuses, replace the gauge fuse and go from there. You may have to take off your plastics and start 'wiggling' wires. Check to see if you have a short somewhere. Look at the complete wiring harness and see if there is a spot where the wires might be touching bare frame. Other than that, I wouldn't know.

JPrider
Mon May 26th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Are your headlights working? If so, I would recheck all of the fuses, replace the gauge fuse and go from there. You may have to take off your plastics and start 'wiggling' wires. Check to see if you have a short somewhere. Look at the complete wiring harness and see if there is a spot where the wires might be touching bare frame. Other than that, I wouldn't know.

Headlights are working! I think your right, I might have to take off all the fairings and start checking my wires and gauge fuse. Thanks for the input!

JP