PDA

View Full Version : 119 from Blackhawk to Nederland

Rednarb
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
What the hell is up with the 119? Washboard in the corners, pot holes everywhere. This road really made me pucker several times this past weekend. Then relief, turn off onto 72 and it is heaven. Smooth clean asphalt the whole way down. At least the ride finished well...

I'm a newb to riding in the mountains - is this common for roads like 119? It looked like it had been many years since its last fresh top or does it get trashed like this every winter?

DARK ANGEL
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:20 AM
nah that road has been crap for as long as ive been here, im sure its been crap long before me, towards the end of it in those twisties i always slow down cause its nasty.

Sortarican
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:23 AM
This last winter pretty much drove the nail into the coffin of several roads that where torn up the year before and just patched.

Nick Ninja suggested checking CDOT to see when some of the worst sections were planned to be repaved.
I might have to do that later this week.

64BonnieLass
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Is CDOT who I should contact about the "super-sucker-sinker-hole on P2P.

I'm not trying to be a complainer, but I am genuinly worried that that hole is going to eat somebody alive. That thing is HUGE and super dangerous.

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Here is the .pdf CDOT 2008 construction schedule. Unfortunatly P2P isn't on the list.

http://www.dot.state.co.us/TravelInfo/Construction/constmap08.pdf

Sortarican
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Is CDOT who I should contact about the "super-sucker-sinker-hole on P2P....

I believe so. It's a state road.
It helps if you have a mile marker reference for them, I never think to do that.:banghead:

.... Unfortunatly P2P isn't on the list.

Great, another patch and pray infrastructure plan.

Oh well, millions of miles need work and there's only so much time/money/manpower....whatcha gonna do?

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
It helps if you have a mile marker reference for them, I never think to do that.:banghead:

Oh well, millions of miles need work and there's only so much time/money/manpower....whatcha gonna do?

Fire the whole bunch of them down at CDOT. Oh, and Ritter needs to focus on roads more than sending kids to preschool.

Sortarican
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Fire the whole bunch of them down at CDOT. Oh, and Ritter needs to focus on roads more than sending kids to preschool.

Maybe we should have the pre-schoolers spend the summer doing road work.
Learn a trade and all that.

TFOGGuys
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:53 AM
What was worse was the Summer of 97 or 98, when they went the length of P2P and crack sealed EVERYTHING. It was so bad they posted signs at either end saying "Motorcycle Hazard" with a pictogram of a bike sliding sideways...:banghead:

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
What was worse was the Summer of 97 or 98, when they went the length of P2P and crack sealed EVERYTHING. It was so bad they posted signs at either end saying "Motorcycle Hazard" with a pictogram of a bike sliding sideways...:banghead:

Kid from Ward didn't make it through that era. The cross planted in the wide dirt area just south of the Ward town limits is in memory of his tragic demise. Another reason to can the CDOT mis-management.

Sortarican
Tue May 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I've had it with these motherf&cking tar snakes on the motherf&cking road!!!!

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060727/105337__snakes1_l.jpg

ChrisCBX
Tue May 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM

I'm not trying to be a complainer, but I am genuinly worried that that hole is going to eat somebody alive. That thing is HUGE and super dangerous.

I think that is the one that I hit (with the wife on the back) on Sunday. I was following a cage too close and he stradled it and I went right into it.

That was a rattling hit for sure. I missed most of the other ones but hit the biggest one.:oops:

DARK ANGEL
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:23 PM

SLALOM!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink:

mtnairlover
Wed May 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM

No kidding. I call it the "manhood-eating pothole":shocked:...not because of personal experience, but because of watching friends gingerly dismount their bikes as we take that rest stop in Nederland.

That thing will swallow a person up...not only that, but it jarred open the door of the Subaru that was in front of me when we were up there.

I think it's located just North of Nederland, though.

wankel7
Fri May 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
At least golden gate is in great shape:)