PDA

View Full Version : OTD Cycles

JarSTriple
Tue May 27th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Has anyone dealt with this place? I got their info from Cycle Trader. They have a 2007 SV650S for $5895 that I am looking into and I was wondering if they are a reputable dealer. Thanks!

JarSTriple
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:02 PM
www.otdcyclesports.com if you're interested.

King Nothing
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Counterfeit zx10r works there...or something to that nature....

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=1598

Badhabit
Wed May 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Jake Stagner is the sales manager over there. jstagner@otdcyclesports.com

Met him a couple of times and he seems like a decent guy, he says there have been big improvements over there since OTD bought out Excel (I think it was Excel Motorsports).

rybo
Wed May 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I bought some parts from them recently and was pleased...seems a decent shop!

pilot
Wed May 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I had a BRC student that just bought a ride there. He was very impressed with the service and price.

JarSTriple
Wed May 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Well, so far I am definitely impressed with their prices.

Thanks for all of the info. I think I am going to have to take a trip down there and check it out. :up:

Rednarb
Wed May 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Is this a no-haggle dealership??? I hate haggling. That's one reason I bought my Scion over similar cars was the no hassle - no haggle deal.

Rednarb
Wed May 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Ah, I read the FAQ:

4. I just received a quote and I want to pay an even lower price. Do you negotiate?
Our internet service extends the unusual courtesy of quickly and conveniently offering our customers what we have determined is the lowest price in our market area. However, we will always consider your counter offer, if you let us know which dealer is offering a lower price. We do have a policy of not being undersold by our competition when there is sufficient product quantity.

Cassius32
Wed May 28th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Good prices for sure,
However be warned their finance department is a joke. I traded in my old bike and they have still not paid it off so i am fighting with my old lender to get them to not take me to collections since i no longer have the bike the loan is for. Called local store and corporate office and all i got was the usual
"oh well I guess so and so didn't do this or that."
It's been two months and they still have not resolved the issue. :scream1:

Don't take a trade and pay cash and you'll be fine.

tarded400
Wed May 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I know Eddie from thumpertalk and he works there. Does all the custom work on dr-zs. I've heard good things about them. They were in a pretty crappy area though.

Eddie Sisneros
Mon Jun 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Good prices for sure,
However be warned their finance department is a joke. I traded in my old bike and they have still not paid it off so i am fighting with my old lender to get them to not take me to collections since i no longer have the bike the loan is for. Called local store and corporate office and all i got was the usual
"oh well I guess so and so didn't do this or that."
It's been two months and they still have not resolved the issue. :scream1:

Don't take a trade and pay cash and you'll be fine.

this is not acceptable.that finance person is no longer with us.

if this is not resolved please call 303 399 5447,ask for james.hes the general manager.i have already alerted him of the situation and he wants to correct it asap.

my personal apologies for the hassle.

Devaclis
Mon Jun 16th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I have liked everything I have seen at this place so far. MUCH better than it was 2 years ago.

wulf
Sun Jul 6th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Just got my bike back from their service department.

The short version: Mediocre customer service.

The long version:

I had stopped by a couple of weeks ago to make sure they could do the warantee recall wiring harness on my 03 VFR. The guy told me it'd take a few hours to do. I had some stuff come up and took it in finally on Tues june 24. The 26th, thursday, i was curious what the status was so i called about 2:30 and was informed my bike had needed further repairs that honda had just approved that morning. I wondered if i could have my bike for the weekend as i'd been planning to ride with a friend. The response was "no. It's in pieces so, no". When i asked why it took me calling in to find out about the delays, they told me that honda had just approved the repairs that morning, and that the phone had been wringing off the hook. He then offered for me to speak with the service manager which i accepted, only to have him come back to relay a message from the manager that they just got the word about the warantee repairs and would finish as soon as the parts got there. After further inquiring on my end, the needed parts would take 3-5 days to ship to them.

The 3 times i've been in there, the phone has wrang once. But i'm not calling the guy a liar, sometimes you have bad days. My bike was done on wensday the 2nd of july, according to the voice mail. I was unable to pick it up until today. They gave me a receipt detailing the wiring harness part subject to the recall, the bikes wiring harness, the voltage regulator, and battery were replaced at no cost. I was pleasantly surprised with the battery being free.

They also broke the switch to my heated grips, and un wired them as they claimed it was improperly wired. I don't doubt the wiring job, and since i'm changing it to a rheostat switch, it's no big deal.

What mildly annoys me is that i was told a few hours worth of work for tuesday, by wensday they knew it needed much more extensive work. On thursday first thing in the morning they got informed that the work would be covered. And it took me calling to find that out, i'd have much rather a call on wensday telling me the electrical system was more messed up than just the recall part but they were going to try to talk honda into fixing it for me.

Another thing is i dropped the bike off with 16890 miles, and got it with 16949 miles with about the same amount of gas in it (nearly empty).

Not really mad about the service, though it could have been much better the repairs seem sound. I don't think i'd take my bike in again if it wasn't free.

tarded400
Sun Jul 6th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Ouch! I wouldn't take my bike back at all!! There are plenty of dealers that do warranty work... Putting 60 miles on your bike is UNACCEPTABLE. And the broken switch? Also unacceptable. I see it like the Hippocratic oath. Whatever you do, do no harm.

Eddie Sisneros
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Just got my bike back from their service department.

The long version:

I had stopped by a couple of weeks ago to make sure they could do the warantee recall wiring harness on my 03 VFR. The guy told me it'd take a few hours to do. I had some stuff come up and took it in finally on Tues june 24. The 26th, thursday, i was curious what the status was so i called about 2:30 and was informed my bike had needed further repairs that honda had just approved that morning. I wondered if i could have my bike for the weekend as i'd been planning to ride with a friend. The response was "no. It's in pieces so, no". When i asked why it took me calling in to find out about the delays, they told me that honda had just approved the repairs that morning, and that the phone had been wringing off the hook. He then offered for me to speak with the service manager which i accepted, only to have him come back to relay a message from the manager that they just got the word about the warantee repairs and would finish as soon as the parts got there. After further inquiring on my end, the needed parts would take 3-5 days to ship to them.

The 3 times i've been in there, the phone has wrang once. But i'm not calling the guy a liar, sometimes you have bad days. My bike was done on wensday the 2nd of july, according to the voice mail. I was unable to pick it up until today. They gave me a receipt detailing the wiring harness part subject to the recall, the bikes wiring harness, the voltage regulator, and battery were replaced at no cost. I was pleasantly surprised with the battery being free.

They also broke the switch to my heated grips, and un wired them as they claimed it was improperly wired. I don't doubt the wiring job, and since i'm changing it to a rheostat switch, it's no big deal.

What mildly annoys me is that i was told a few hours worth of work for tuesday, by wensday they knew it needed much more extensive work. On thursday first thing in the morning they got informed that the work would be covered. And it took me calling to find that out, i'd have much rather a call on wensday telling me the electrical system was more messed up than just the recall part but they were going to try to talk honda into fixing it for me.

Another thing is i dropped the bike off with 16890 miles, and got it with 16949 miles with about the same amount of gas in it (nearly empty).

Not really mad about the service, though it could have been much better the repairs seem sound. I don't think i'd take my bike in again if it wasn't free.

no one rode your bike at all let alone put 60 miles on it.

is it possible you are mistaken?

im serious that it never even saw day light during its stay.
we have a policy to not do test rides unless absolutley warranted.

as for your grips,the switch that was in the panel fell apart when the panel was removed.

the ground the heated grips was shoved into the head light plug.the power wire was shoved into the fuse box under a fuse.

in all actuality if honda had known that they probably would not have paid for any of the repair.

im happy to talk to you about this in person.jonathan as well.

Eddie Sisneros
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I used to work at that shop back in the day, when it was called "4-seasons motorsports".
Excel came in and replaced everybody. (it was a small, cramped shop - with the worst bike entrance.
It always bottomed out all but MX bikes... - scraaaaape! So you may want to look for the shop signature on the bottom.

You weren't having any overheating issues (They try to ride those a bit to make sure the problem is really fixed) so I see no reason for them to have rode it that far? They would know all they needed to verify success of this job within an easy 10-15 mile ride, a look at the lights or a voltmeter check. They threw in the $7 (their price) battery to help you forget the real issues. (your grips)

Maybe they just rode it over to a different shop to get the repairs!? LOL that would explain it, and has been done.

the service dept has not been in that building in almost 5 years.

we are in a new building across the street.

you can get a oem honda ytz12 battery for $7?

Eddie Sisneros
Thu Jul 17th, 2008, 07:15 AM
first thing this am we checked what the mileage was recorded at when you dropped the bike off. it was 16949.thats what it left with as well.this is the exact mileage your honda warranty was claim was filed with.

the claim was filed before parts could be ordered since it was a warranty/recall situtation.

im not sure how this was turned into you somehow deciding we put 60 miles on your bike.

just a side note the ytz12s battery your bike comes with is a $85 at dealer cost.not $7.that was covered by honda as part of the warranty claim.

honda ended up covering $977.36 on bike that was out of warranty becuase of the leg work jonathan did with them to get your bike straightened out.

we could have just as easily put the front sub harness recall kit on it only and sent you down the road.instead jonathan was able to get the main harness,reg/rect and the battery covered becuase of signs of various plugs overheating.

we understand that you are not 100% satisfied on the way it was handled,but it honestly couldnt have been done any other way.

ive been doing tons of these sub harness recalls becuase other honda dealers are quoting several weeks turn around time.

the lag time on call back was us at the mercy of honda.we had to take pics of the plugs that were heat damaged,submit the pics,wait for honda to approve the claim and then send the parts.

Clarkie
Thu Jul 17th, 2008, 07:22 AM
you can get a oem honda ytz12 battery for $7?

If so I will take 10!!!! :drink:

Everyone's an expert huh Eddie :)

Eddie Sisneros
Thu Jul 17th, 2008, 07:29 AM
If so I will take 10!!!! :drink:

Everyone's an expert huh Eddie :)

clarkie!

where you been brother? weve missed you at the SM races!

Clarkie
Thu Jul 17th, 2008, 07:31 AM
dude racing my ass off here and in Utah, i wish this RR season would be over already and I really miss riding my tard with you guys!

wulf
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Cutting up both of your responses so i can keep my replies straight.

first thing this am we checked what the mileage was recorded at when you dropped the bike off. it was 16949.thats what it left with as well.this is the exact mileage your honda warranty was claim was filed with.

im not sure how this was turned into you somehow deciding we put 60 miles on your bike.

no one rode your bike at all let alone put 60 miles on it.

is it possible you are mistaken?

im serious that it never even saw day light during its stay.
we have a policy to not do test rides unless absolutley warranted.

It is possible i am mistaken, if i changed two numbers when writing it down after i dropped it off for service. Stranger things have happened.

the claim was filed before parts could be ordered since it was a warranty/recall situtation.First i've heard of this even after inquiring on the phone. The clarification of the order of operations for the paperwork would have been good then.

honda ended up covering $977.36 on bike that was out of warranty becuase of the leg work jonathan did with them to get your bike straightened out.

we could have just as easily put the front sub harness recall kit on it only and sent you down the road.instead jonathan was able to get the main harness,reg/rect and the battery covered becuase of signs of various plugs overheating.

My complaint is not with the work done, but the communication by the staff to me.

just a side note the ytz12s battery your bike comes with is a $85 at dealer cost.not $7.that was covered by honda as part of the warranty claim.
I was pleasantly surprised with the battery being free.

the lag time on call back was us at the mercy of honda.we had to take pics of the plugs that were heat damaged,submit the pics,wait for honda to approve the claim and then send the parts.

we understand that you are not 100% satisfied on the way it was handled,but it honestly couldnt have been done any other way.

What mildly annoys me is that i was told a few hours worth of work for tuesday, by wensday they knew it needed much more extensive work. On thursday first thing in the morning they got informed that the work would be covered. And it took me calling to find that out, i'd have much rather a call on wensday telling me the electrical system was more messed up than just the recall part but they were going to try to talk honda into fixing it for me.A phone call wendsay and another on thursday would have made things go a hell of alot smoother on my end and would have been reflected in my original post.

ive been doing tons of these sub harness recalls becuase other honda dealers are quoting several weeks turn around time.

I had stopped by a couple of weeks ago to make sure they could do the warantee recall wiring harness on my 03 VFR. The guy told me it'd take a few hours to do.
I honestly didn't inquire with any other dealers, you're a mile from me. I also don't think it applies what other dealers lead times are. OTD's shop quoted a few hours, and i'm holding OTD to what OTD said. I think that's fair. I'd have been perfectly happy to drop it off on tues and have it for Saturday in all reality.

as for your grips,the switch that was in the panel fell apart when the panel was removed.

the ground the heated grips was shoved into the head light plug.the power wire was shoved into the fuse box under a fuse.

in all actuality if honda had known that they probably would not have paid for any of the repair.

They also broke the switch to my heated grips, and un wired them as they claimed it was improperly wired. I don't doubt the wiring job(being poor), and since i'm changing it to a rheostat switch, it's no big deal.

Added something for clarity, emphasized my conclusion.

im happy to talk to you about this in person.jonathan as well.
He then offered for me to speak with the service manager which i accepted, only to have him come back to relay a message from the manager that they just got the word about the warantee repairs and would finish as soon as the parts got there.
I tried to speak with the service manager while the issues were on going, i was brushed off.

It boils down to this, i dropped my bike off for a service i was told was going to take hours. 2.5 days later i hear nothing so i have to inquire to find out that my bike will be down another 3-5 days. I try to address this lack of communication by speaking to a supervisor and am brushed off. So i give a report of bad customer service, which i thought i'd illustrated in my first post. Now i get a response and clarification from a manager that i wanted when i was on the phone that thursday. Thank you for addressing it, even late. I hope i've been able to clarify my points.

Eddie Sisneros
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 06:02 AM
we were both available and standing near by when you picked up your bike.you had had a complete conversation with jonathan at the counter about your switch as he was printing your paper work.you never once mentioned any communication issues you felt you experienced.

you could have talked to either of us easily about your concerns.

it normally only takes a few hours to do just the recall harness.your bike needed much more work.

i fully understand your your postion on the percieved communication issues.however,if the bike had not needed additional parts it would have been done in the quoted time frame.

like i said before we could have easily just ignored the other issues,done just recall harness and sent you down the road.

we went above and beyond to get your bike straightened out.

doesnt matter now,whats done is done.

good luck and happy wheelies!