PDA

View Full Version : Chain Help!

nuts4ninjas
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 08:36 AM
I've got tons of slack in my chain I noticed this morning and if anyone can help me out tonight fixing it I would love you forever. Kinda want it tight before the ride tomorrow but if not...oh well I'm going anyways it's for a good cause.

macktastic brake grabber
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 08:59 AM
you dont know how to adjust the chain???
mack

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 09:22 AM
I've got tons of slack in my chain I noticed this morning and if anyone can help me out tonight fixing it I would love you forever. Kinda want it tight before the ride tomorrow but if not...oh well I'm going anyways it's for a good cause.

It's NOT a good cause if your equipment isn't maintained. Adjusting the chain should be a no-brainer. I'll help you but you'll have to meet me at say 5PM at the Morrison CONOCO as I'm riding Squaw Pass this afternoon. I give you credit for a) noticing that it needs attention and b) asking for help.

Anonymous
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Worst case just come on down to Kohls in the morning for the ride and we can do it there before the ride, just takes a couple minutes and you'll learn something. Have you lubed it up at all or should I bring a can of chain wax with me too?

nuts4ninjas
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 10:27 AM
lol might want to bring that wax then too. Hey you live & learn right? I'll take my flame'n at the gtg then too. Atleast I change my oil & such :D

And the thing is...my bike was a track bike when I bought it and from what I hear track bikes usually have more slack than normal right? So I never bothered fixing it but now it's making loud noises and it sags. I've never done anything like this before and would rather trust someone who has rather than me killing myself out on the road because I don't have a torgue wrench or something

Anonymous
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Ohhhk. Will bring wrenches and wax. Anything else you've forgotten to do recently? :lol: Just come find me when you get there.

nuts4ninjas
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 11:09 AM
cool