PDA

View Full Version : Do we still need a Northern meeting spot?

Anonymous
Mon May 19th, 2003, 06:41 PM
With the new Southern meeting spot (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=868), I'm wondering if we still need a Northern meeting spot, or can it be abolished.

What do you think?

dgoldan
Mon May 19th, 2003, 08:10 PM
I would still like to see something up North for those of us in Westminster, Ft. Collins, Boulder, etc. Bandimere is quite a way to go for a meeting spot. Besides, there are some really nice rides up through Estes, Peak to Peak, and so on.

Dan

Kaneda
Tue May 20th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Living in the north area myself...I'd like to see the north meeting place stay active. Even if only to meet up with other riders!
Gotta agree w/Dan on the nice rides he's speaking of as well!

Anonymous
Tue May 20th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Well here's my question: Does anyone use it? All I ever hear is people meeting there and not finding anyone else unless something was decided upon on here.

Perhaps the question should be rephrased:
"Do we keep the north meeting spot as a 'show up and ride normally' thing, or keep it for pre-planned rides where you know to go there in advance?"

Just tossing it out there.

dgoldan
Tue May 20th, 2003, 09:53 AM
I guess I misunderstood the original intent. I think it would be best to be pre-arranged here. Not sure a "standing" ride would get enough people all the time to make it worth while. But we could establish a standard location, then coordinate if a Northern ride is on for a particular day as interest dictates.

Dan

rocktboy
Tue May 20th, 2003, 10:10 AM
hehe....100% vote for keeping the northern meeting spot open. for the people that doesn't use the northern meeting spot, they won't bother to vote :lol:
i agree with rforsythe that keep it open as "pre-planned" ride meeting spot. i personally think there "better" and more accesible rides up north. of course i am biased. :P

Kaneda
Tue May 20th, 2003, 07:46 PM
If nobody is using the northern meeting spot for regular rides, then keeping the spot for pre-planned rides is a better :idea:.
I'm just up for some riding!!!
:D

Wed May 21st, 2003, 01:39 PM
It's 44 boring :coffee: miles for me to get to the southern meeting point. and then 44 boring, traffic :guns: clogged miles back.

I went to the Southern meeting point this past Saturday and there was only one other rider. GXRJARHEAD and I tore it up, but it would have been nice if there were more riders. It's only 15 miles to the northern canyons from my house :bananna: . ...I rather ride the twistes slow with the wife than spend an hour + just commuting.

Keep the northern meeting point and I'll be happy to help coordinate weekly rides from there. If you are a northern end rider let me know so we can plan weekly rides and start emailing.

sport-biker
Thu May 22nd, 2003, 02:48 PM
Yes, I support the northern meeting point. I live in Mead (near Longmont) and there are a *lot* of great rides accessible from that spot, perhaps even more then southern location :-)

Artnshel
Fri May 23rd, 2003, 12:44 PM
I just joined and would like a Northern spot close to mountain roads too.

PuR HART
Fri May 23rd, 2003, 06:37 PM
I am defiently for it also just need a few repairs and Iam there