PDA

View Full Version : The latest addition to my garage...

The GECCO
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 07:50 PM
I know, I know, it has too many wheels but I'm still proud of it.

It is a 1965 Pontiac GTO, what was arguably the "first" muscle car. It has a mildly built 389 ci V8 with a 4 barrel and a Muncie 4 speed.

This particular car was in a flood in 1982. My dad bought it for $500 and we spent about 4 years restoring it. I know that's a long time, but it was a "spare time" project and there wasn't much of that since we were very actively stock car racing back then.

Anyway, dad recently aquired yet ANOTHER car (he has a bunch of 'em) and simply ran out of room to keep them all inside. He called a couple months ago and asked if I would consider taking the GTO...well, DUH! :roll: The next week he signed it over and now it's tucked away in my garage. He only got it out about once a year for the last 10 years or so. I plan to get more use than that out of it, but it will never be more than a car that comes out from under the cover on a nice weekend.

Enjoy...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/GTO1.jpg

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/GTO2.jpg

P.S. the car he bought this summer was a 2004 Z06 Corvette...I tried to get him to give me that one instead but he declined :lol: Oh well...

Cyalaytr
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 08:02 PM
remind dad I am his long lost son ;)

King Nothing
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 08:53 PM
remind dad I am his long lost son ;)WOW!!! I didn't know i had some brothers! Yeah!!! when do i get a car? :D

T-byrd
Fri Sep 24th, 2004, 09:50 PM
In my opinion, you got the better end of the deal. That goat is
SEXY!!! Surely to get you more looks and respect than the Vette. :boobies:
When you gonna bring her down to Brecks so some of can drool all over it? :D

Tanya

Dysco
Sat Sep 25th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Holy crap. Nice friggin' car. That's on the short list of cars I'd drive :D

Mel
Sat Sep 25th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Sweet....Maybe you can take it out racing w/ my sis if she keeps her street legal...she has (among other things) a 66 pro street Chevelle. Those play nicely with GTO's :evil:

~Barn~
Sun Sep 26th, 2004, 12:37 AM
That doesn't suck too much. Nice car Glenn! :o

Akira's Project
Sun Sep 26th, 2004, 03:07 AM
VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hump: :yes: :rock: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

RSVR4aCowboy
Sun Sep 26th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Sweeet Glen! :up: My cousin had one when I was in high school and I would beg him to let me drive it. 'Course he was smart enough to tell me to shut up and get in the back seat :lol:

BTW, are those Michelin red stripe bias-plys? :D

macktastic brake grabber
Sun Sep 26th, 2004, 08:13 AM
my very first car was a 1970 GTO 455 c.i.d. 423 hp. over 600 lbs. of torque . god i wish i still had it.
mack

The GECCO
Sun Sep 26th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Sweeet Glen! :up: My cousin had one when I was in high school and I would beg him to let me drive it. 'Course he was smart enough to tell me to shut up and get in the back seat :lol:

BTW, are those Michelin red stripe bias-plys? :D

Nah, they're fakes! LOL Firestone radial whitewalls and one black marker and one red marker. But who can tell when it's rollin down the road, ya know?

Tink
Sun Sep 26th, 2004, 10:15 AM
glenn that car is hot! we inhereted at 36(i think) chevy pickup from my dad... still in nucla! and my mom still has the 57 chvy bellaire convert i love classic cars

The GECCO
Sun Sep 26th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the compliments, guys, I'll try to get it down to Brecks before the snow flies

Ripper
Sun Sep 26th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Nice car man

FZRguy
Mon Sep 27th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Nice. My first car was a 1967 Firebird convertible. Yes, I wish I still had it!

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 27th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Looking good :up:

amazzon
Mon Sep 27th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Always wanted a GTO....had a blue 66 Mustang :roll: Wish I'd kept it.

Anonymous
Mon Sep 27th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Beautiful car glenn! On my list of things to do one of these days is restore an old muscle car... Donna and I both love the old 60's mustangs, so that may be something we do one of these days. She likes the 64-1/2 (yeah I know, really a 65) but I want a late 60's one so I can bolt in the 390FE I have collecting dust in the garage. A few hundred HP should be entertaining. ;)