PDA

View Full Version : any ideas on getting a little more power?

counterfit zx10r
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
So I just shipped the crankshaft out to Falicon Cranks to get it repaired, polished and lightened. Now I'm bored and trying to think up some ways to get some more power out of this monster. Any ideas besides a big bore kit?

TT5.0
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
:idea:

konichd
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Counter, I take it this is for your ZX-10 correct? If so, here are some ideas.

-Block off plates (circut 1 or Ivan's) while it won't give you more power it will get rid of junk and provide a more accurate A/F ratio when you dyno that thing. So in a way it will lead to some gains.

-Race cam with .55 head gasket. You use to be able to get a factory race cam for 89 bucks, however they are hard to find now and commanding 250+ at the moment. No need to polish heads, they come that way from the factory.

-Remove your secondaries, no need for them and low end power will improve.

-Race ECU? Factory Kawi or Attack, only problem is fan won't work, maybe other items.

-TRE? I have a gipro, but if you remove the secondaries its only a gear indicator. All it does is open the secondaries sooner (3K vs. 5K). It is nice though :)

-Quickshifter? Link it to the power commander and your set your kill for 55 m/s

-1/5 turn throttle conversion ($20 from rifleman on zx10r.net) Wide fuckin' open baby! Wide fuckin' open............

Pharmgirl
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I would just change my middle name to "Rock", like Johnny Rock Page. Or add a bunch of Ninja stickers.

konichd
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Zebra Rock Haga? :dunno:

Seriously, the more Ninja stickers the better, also a #269 number plate.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 05:00 PM
DK-

How much did the TRE help? Was it noticeable? The new CYCLE WORLD magazine has a good write-up on the Ivan's TRE (Timing Retarder Eliminator) mentioning, as you did, it opens the secondaries sooner giving the bike better throttle response and more power at the lower engine speeds.

konichd
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Randy,
I had my secondaries out already. However alot of people swear by it. My bike is a world of difference just by removing the secondaries. The TRE opens them up soon so throttle response/power is much more noticable in the lower RPM range. Having the 3 settings also makes it nice (Gipro has Hard/Medium/Soft) and the adjustability is nice if your going from street/track/canyon etc.

Since your on a GSXR your money is better spent on LED's, neon, and that type of shit :)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 05:14 PM
...Since your on a GSXR your money is better spent on LED's, neon, and that type of shit :)

:rock:

I love me some neon...dipshit.

:doublefinger:

counterfit zx10r
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I like the idea of removing the secondaries, as for the kit ECU, that's just a little more money then I'm able to spend on the bike this time. Without the secondaries, is your bike still fine on the street?

konichd
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Removing the secondaries doesn't compromise any rideablity. You will have to turn down your idle though or the first time you turn the throttle the RPM will shoot up to @ 6K due to more air being introduced and the computer compensating.

konichd
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 05:22 PM
:rock:

I love me some neon...dipshit.

:doublefinger:

Or take off some unneeded plastic?

http://www.break.com/index/motorcycle-wheelie-goes-really-well.html

Fuckin' gsxr riders.....jesus christ......

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 05:26 PM
^^^ :lol:

konichd
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
If its any conselation, you're my favorite gsxr rider Randy :)

merlin
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
So I just shipped the crankshaft out to Falicon Cranks to get it repaired, polished and lightened. Now I'm bored and trying to think up some ways to get some more power out of this monster. Any ideas besides a big bore kit?

40 shot?
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=141

80 shot?
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=283

BIIIIG Shot?
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=176

Merlyn

Clarkie
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM

Thats it, I am getting my deposit back for the ZX10 :(

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 06:14 PM

Clarkie-

I'm sure he just had a momentary lapse in memory. You're the #1 plate for a reason.

:up:

Clarkie
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I heard a lot about the new ZX10 and CBR..... once a ZX10 always a ZX10 I guess :lol:

rybo
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Clarkie-

I'm sure he just had a momentary lapse in memory. You're the #1 plate for a reason.

:up:

Yeah...he's just fuckin' fast. Motard, GSXR, RS250, Honda Spree....he'll find a way to go fast on it. I bet he could even make a Kawi do OK.

Whatever he eats for breakfast....I'll have some of that.

Clarkie
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I bet he could even make a Kawi do OK.

well.... from what I found out at the AMA/WSBK weekend...

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Or take off some unneeded plastic?

http://www.break.com/index/motorcycle-wheelie-goes-really-well.html

Fuckin' gsxr riders.....jesus christ......

Or you could add some unneeded plastic...geez..

Fuckin' Kawasaki riders.....Jesus Christ.....Wanna know how I know you're gay DK? Nice friggin mod to the ZX-10R.

WTF is it with Kawi riders anyways?

http://rocketshields.com/images/7_s91k.jpg

http://rocketshields.com/images/4_td0k.jpg

http://rocketshields.com/images/9_fu8o.jpg

Thanks Dion...funny shit. :)

konichd
Sun Jun 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Clark,I consider you a missguided Kawi rider :) See you on a ZX10R next year shooter.

irdave
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Wow. I was going to say just open the throttle more sooner... I mean, that's how you go fast, isn't it?

(Actually, this is Single Track Mind's new philosophy... What keeps you from opening the throttle more sooner? Fix that problem, get to WOT, go fast.)

(Shit. Now the secret is out!)

Clarkie
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM
(Actually, this is Single Track Mind's new philosophy... What keeps you from opening the throttle more sooner? Fix that problem, get to WOT, go fast.)

the 'boys' being in the wife's purse?

irdave
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 09:11 PM
S'pose it depends on the wife... I've heard at least one say,"Quit riding like a pussy."

Clarkie
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 09:30 PM
S'pose it depends on the wife... I've heard at least one say,"Quit riding like a pussy."

or "Scott would hold it pinned through there you pussy"

or "Scott would have won a club race on a stock bike"

or "if you cant win a club race with 180hp you are a pussy"

or "what do you mean you didnt win, pussy"

so yeah, I'm a pussy, but at least now I know that 'the boys' are safe in my wife's purse and if I crash my shit trying not to be a pussy they will be safe :)

irdave
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 08:37 AM
or "Scott would hold it pinned through there you pussy"

or "Scott would have won a club race on a stock bike"

or "if you cant win a club race with 180hp you are a pussy"

or "what do you mean you didnt win, pussy"

so yeah, I'm a pussy, but at least now I know that 'the boys' are safe in my wife's purse and if I crash my shit trying not to be a pussy they will be safe :)

Dude. You should talk to her. That kind of talk could lead to :drink:
Oh. And I've talked to a few customers, and it looks like we're going to start carrying nuts in various sizes, balls (as in ball bearings) in various sizes, and we're still trying to source cans of 'Smooth'... I'll keep you posted.

mayhem
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 08:49 AM
if you want more power, get rid of the kawi............

konichd
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
^^^WTF? Care to have a dyno shootout?

mayhem
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 09:10 AM
^^^WTF? Care to have a dyno shootout?

maybe i should have clarified,,,,,usable hp......lol