PDA

View Full Version : Spilled a bit of gas...

slayermd
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I was filling up just a bit ago and the nozzle slipped and sprayed a good amount of gas on the tank. I immediately got the window washer and tried to get some off. When I got home I took a hose to it and rinsed the tank off and it seems to be ok. But my question is will that cause any weird effects on the paint sometime in the future?

jimwallace
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 08:09 PM
if you have a 2 stage paint aka base coat clear coat, it wont hurt it at all.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I was filling up just a bit ago and the nozzle slipped and sprayed a good amount of gas on the tank. I immediately got the window washer and tried to get some off. When I got home I took a hose to it and rinsed the tank off and it seems to be ok. But my question is will that cause any weird effects on the paint sometime in the future?

Nah, you're fine.

slayermd
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 09:07 PM
:yay:

Glad to hear this. Thank for the breather.

455bird
Fri Jun 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM
You should be ok, unlike my ghetto spray paint job. Gas eats right through that cheap stuff.

Ninja Nate
Fri Jun 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM
It wont hurt your paint. The big thing is how much money did that little spill cost???

slayermd
Fri Jun 6th, 2008, 10:10 AM
It wont hurt your paint. The big thing is how much money did that little spill cost???

My dignity :cry:

dm_gsxr
Fri Jun 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Yea, no issues. I was filling up in western Utah and the drop down thing didn't have a spring so it dropped into place. Generally I don't stick the nozzle into the gas so I started to pull it out and let go and it kept going. It took a second to realize it was stuck on, meanwhile it started pouring out of the top of the tank. I thought quickly and pushed it into the gas which clicked it off.

No problem with the paint though, or the plastic.

Carl