PDA

View Full Version : Big Thompson Canyon -- Accident!

mtnairlover
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
CORRECTION:

There was an accident, but the accident was not of the wheeled vehicle type and it was between Loveland and Drake about 4 miles into the canyon.

My girls and I came up on the emergency vehicles on the side of the road still. Most of the emergency services had left already. As we got closer, I saw Scott (friendly neighborhood Larimer County Dpty Sherrif) and I asked him what had happened as we drove by. It seems there was a kayaking incident in the Big Thompson River...ahhh, now I get it. Still, lotsa vehicles.

And, as before...Just be careful out there guys!

pilot
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Someday things like Mapquest, emergency services, our cell phones and vehicles will all be tied together so that when something like this does happen and we are in the area, we'll be notified of it through our cars and bikes. Not that that would stop us from being in an "original" accident, but it sure would reduce secondaries--like in fog. Systems like On-Star would immediately see that multiple hits were happening and through some sort of programming recognize it as a pile-up.

Kathy, thanks for keeping a head up for us.

Ride well.

mtnairlover
Sat Jun 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Big T Canyon isn't necessarily the kind of canyon you want to have too much fun in anyway. There's always lots of traffic from people who work in Estes and maybe live in Loveland and visa versa.

Anyhoo, accident cleared and the road is ok.