PDA

View Full Version : How do you ship a motor?

rider955i
Sun Jun 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I am trying to part out my 02 daytona and I have to get rid of the engine. I want to put it on ebay, and I want to offer shipping, but don't know how i would do this. Is there a company that specializes in shipping bigger items and would be cost effective? Any info would be helpful? Thanks in advance.

DevilsTonic
Sun Jun 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM
pm sent

Spiderman
Sun Jun 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I bought a motor once, & IIRC it was shipped UPS. It was packed in a large Rubbermaid-like tub, & taped shut.

FUKENEH
Sun Jun 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Drain all fluids.. I mean all of them or they will reject it.. Put it on a wooden pallet cut to fit the size of the motor. Use ratchet straps to secure the motor.. Shrink wrap the motor completely.. After that cut a box that will fit over the top of it and staple the box to the pallet and tape the box very well so it does not break open..
Shrink wrap the motor before you ratchet strap it.. if it is above 150 lbs pounds you will have to ship it with a freight hauler.. so make sure it's under that weight.

It's a pian in the ass really to ship it.. if you put it in a rubber tub be prepared for it to be dropped or broken.. Pallet is the safest way.. I have shipped several motors and this is the best way without any problems.

goldman812
Sat Jun 21st, 2008, 02:27 PM
ups. crate it. you will pay extra

BigE
Sat Jun 21st, 2008, 03:49 PM
Drain all fluids.. I mean all of them or they will reject it.. Put it on a wooden pallet cut to fit the size of the motor. Use ratchet straps to secure the motor.. Shrink wrap the motor completely.. After that cut a box that will fit over the top of it and staple the box to the pallet and tape the box very well so it does not break open..
Shrink wrap the motor before you ratchet strap it.. if it is above 150 lbs pounds you will have to ship it with a freight hauler.. so make sure it's under that weight.

It's a pian in the ass really to ship it.. if you put it in a rubber tub be prepared for it to be dropped or broken.. Pallet is the safest way.. I have shipped several motors and this is the best way without any problems.

+1

Or you could just let me have it so the shock off your bike has a friend:lol:

rider955i
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
+1

Or you could just let me have it so the shock off your bike has a friend:lol:

It actually sold on fleabay for 355+325 for shipping so 680 - whatever I have to pay to ship it. Ill keep :lol: about givin it to you as a friend for the shock and you can :cry: because its not gonna happen now. Sorry man, but the forks are still recieving bids no reserve.

BigE
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
It actually sold on fleabay for 355+325 for shipping so 680 - whatever I have to pay to ship it. Ill keep :lol: about givin it to you as a friend for the shock and you can :cry: because its not gonna happen now. Sorry man, but the forks are still recieving bids no reserve.

That's ok, I'll just take whatever leftovers you end up with :lol:
Hope that $325 covers your shipping, stuff has gotten 'spensive to ship.