PDA

View Full Version : my fuel injection light is coming on....

madvlad
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Mainly at cold starts but it doesn't affect the idle at all.... The light still hasn't come on while I'm riding but I'm getting a feeling it will in due time. Any one else has had this problem before? What could it be? I have an 07 gsxr 600. Any help is appreciated!

dm_gsxr
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Mainly at cold starts but it doesn't affect the idle at all.... The light still hasn't come on while I'm riding but I'm getting a feeling it will in due time. Any one else has had this problem before? What could it be? I have an 07 gsxr 600. Any help is appreciated!

Check your air filter lately? Maybe it's the sensor. When I did my spark plugs a few months ago I forgot to hook up all the hoses including the sensor and the FI light came on.

Carl

madvlad
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I just did my plugs and oil and hooked everything up and it still does it. The air filter is clean and the map sensor is too.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
you need to hook up a dealer code switch to see what code it returns in the display and then you should be able to narrow it down.

madvlad
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
you need to hook up a dealer code switch to see what code it returns in the display and then you should be able to narrow it down.

Damn it all.... There goes like $100+ just for a diagnostic.... Shit I really thought it could be something simple...

konichd
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Exhaust servo?

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Damn it all.... There goes like $100+ just for a diagnostic.... Shit I really thought it could be something simple...

i just stick a paper clip in the plug. you can get the FI Codes from any shop manual. Gixxer.com probably has them listed online.

madvlad
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I heard about an exhaust valve adjustment dealy that throws a C46 code that is common for our model bikes to throw the FI code. Its the X up valve deal thing..... Not too familiar with it.

konichd
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Don't be a pussy and just take it off :)

madvlad
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Hell can I? If it'll save me hastle of the F.I light coming on and making the bike run like crap then I'll take it off.... I just dk how lol.... Yes I am a newb with bikes at the moment.

konichd
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I pulled it off an 07 GSXR, the FI light is on but big deal fix it with black electrical tape if it bothers you :)

RyNo24
Mon Jun 9th, 2008, 07:31 PM
If you only take off the cable and the valve, but leave the servo still attached the light will not come on. Or at least that is how it works with Yamahas. Also, they make things you plug into where the motor was the fools your bike into thinking it still has one hooked up, and your light will stay off.

I pulled it off an 07 GSXR, the FI light is on but big deal fix it with black electrical tape if it bothers you :)

konichd
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Ivan's servo eliminator