PDA

View Full Version : Attention recreate 68 hippies... Southpark is a cartoon...

salsashark
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Southpark is a cartoon... it's fake, fiction, not real!

Activists Preparing Against Use of ‘Brown Note’ at Dem Convention (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/10/activists-preparing-against-use-of-brown-note-at-dem-convention/)

damn hippies.... :banghead:

Devaclis
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I hate hippies. they are always like, crawling up your leg, and biting the inside of your ass...

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Myth busters busted it

PLUS
http://images.cafepress.com/product/70482901v10_150x150_Front_Color-Black.JPG

Sortarican
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I hate hippies. they are always like, crawling up your leg, and biting the inside of your ass...

I hate rainbows.......

Devaclis
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM
haha shhhh, no one will know the difference.

They're coming right for us!!!

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Seems like the convention may be a shitty time after all.
just pack these and you will be ok
http://www.myteespot.com/images/thumbs/t_6671.jpg

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:47 PM
What can Brown do for you?

Devaclis
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Democraps

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Personally I like 'Dr. Heller' (Tom Waits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Waits)) who invents eccentric non-lethal weaponry (the Blamethrower, Clothes Shrinker, Tornado-in-a-Can, etc.)

The Clothes Shrinker is my Favorite...and Dr Heller has Chicken Rentals

"That's what the card says"

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I plan on packin my Seren canister. Fuck the cops. :321:

Snowman
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Maybe you should mount one of these devices on your bike instead of that horn...

Shea
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Jeff, help me out here mang. I thought all you left-leaning, communist tree-huggers were all about peace, love and harmony? Not rioting in the streets for no reason other then to cause damage, mischief and mayhem in fair Denver...

...oh right, hypocricy. Democrats in '08! :)

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Maybe you should mount one of these devices on your bike instead of that horn...

I think the horn is going to have the SAME effect

Sortarican
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Personally I like 'Dr. Heller' (Tom Waits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Waits)) who invents eccentric non-lethal weaponry (the Blamethrower, Clothes Shrinker, Tornado-in-a-Can, etc.)"

Why didn't you say you had a Herkimer Battle Jitney!
http://www.spagthorpe.com/production/images/HerkimerBattleJitney.jpg

Devaclis
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Hippies LOVE Dolphins

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/Funny/dolphinluvin.gif

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Why didn't you say you had a Herkimer Battle Jitney!
http://www.spagthorpe.com/production/images/HerkimerBattleJitney.jpg

I Said "Junk it!"

Sortarican
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Jeff, .... I thought all you left-leaning, communist tree-huggers were all about peace, love and harmony?

Don't mistake left wing for pacifist.
I'm you worst nightmare.....an old hippie...... with a gun.

And I'm actively training the next generation to keep you Nazi's at bay:

Matty
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Why was "Patchouli" invented???

So even the Blind could hate Hippies!!!!

Shea
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:41 PM
And I'm actively training the next generation to keep you Nazi's at bay:

I'd gladly join you in a little Nazi target practice :) Hate those guys...

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I can't wait until my man Bama get in there and slaps the war tax on all the registered GOP'rs. I say there must be reparations for the past eight years. You think gas is expensive :twisted:

Shea
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I can't wait until my man Bama get in there and slaps the war tax on all the registered GOP'rs. I say there must be reparations for the past eight years. You think gas is expensive :twisted:

You know that is so stupid it must have come from him. Next he'll want to tax the oil companies for making a profit. Oh wait. The senator must have failed economics 101, three times in a row.

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:50 PM

I think I am gonna PUKE:puke:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:54 PM
You know that is so stupid it must have come from him. Next he'll want to tax the oil companies for making a profit. Oh wait. The senator must have failed economics 101, three times in a row.

The GOP was established for one reason and one reason only ----- to fuck with.

Sortarican
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 03:55 PM
..... I say there must be reparations for the past eight years....

Shit.....I'm still waiting for my 7 acres and a mule.:(

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Shit.....I'm still waiting for my 7 acres and a mule.:(

40 Acres

Shea
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
The GOP was established for one reason and one reason only ----- to fuck with.

And the Democrats were created to fuck everything else up. Your point?

Shea
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
40 Acres

He's sortarican, not black. He only gets 7 :)

Sortarican
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:09 PM
And the Democrats were created to fuck everything else up. Your point?

Ahhhhh Shea-Shea-Shea-Shea-Shea-Shea.....:no:
The only points you've ever made were with your nipples under your toyt shirt.

Sortarican
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:11 PM
He's sortarican, not black. He only gets 7 :)

LOL,
And people wonder why I'm bitter.......

Shea
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Ahhhhh Shea-Shea-Shea-Shea-Shea-Shea.....:no:
The only points you've ever made were with your nipples under your toyt shirt.

Ahh Jeff. We can go rounds on economic, domestic and foreign policy anytime your feelin' saucy. Or are jabs at my man boobs the best you can come up with? :p

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM
That scares the crap outta me!

My ex-girlfriend should go to this, she'd only poop maybe once every 2 weeks if she was lucky. :lol:

puckstr
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
That scares the crap outta me!

My ex-girlfriend should go to this, she'd only poop maybe once every 2 weeks if she was lucky. :lol:

she was full of crap

Sortarican
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Ahh Jeff. We can go rounds on economic, domestic and foreign policy anytime your feelin' saucy. Or are jabs at my man boobs the best you can come up with? :p

Then you're saying the Left has run the federal reserve, military, oil companies, and the credit/banking institutions for the last 50 years?
Caucasian please.

Don't be bitter that the economy has been better under Democratic administrations then under the Republican the last century.

Just like the Great Depression it'll be up to the liberals to fix the problems caused by the robber baron economic indiscretions of the conservatives.

34,000 casualties, record unemployment, banking in a free-fall?!?!?!?!?Yeah....blame it on us.

Sorry Buddy, It's our turn at the wheel beginning in '09.

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:28 PM
she was full of crap
Shit yes.

Shea
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Then you're saying the Left has run the federal reserve, military, oil companies, and the credit/banking institutions for the last 50 years?
Caucasian please.

No, however they have managed to confine, legislate and regulate many of those industries/institutions into a pretty tight corners and the country has suffered because of it. Do you believe a "windfall profits" tax will ease the price at the pump? Do you believe that cutting and running from Iraq/Afganistan will make the problem of terrorism go away?

Don't be bitter that the economy has been better under Democratic administrations then under the Republican the last century.

Yeah Carter was dream. But the Executive branch is far less culable then the ones who actually run fiscal policy in the legislature. And that has been run by Democrats far more then Republicans. Not that I hold the Republicans as paragons of fiscal viture. All of them are crooks and spend our money haphazardly on pork.

Just like the Great Depression it'll be up to the liberals to fix the problems caused by the robber baron economic indiscretions of the conservatives.

Yeah, if you would like to rewrite history, sure.

34,000 casualties, record unemployment, banking in a free-fall?!?!?!?!?Yeah....blame it on us.

Welcome to war, there are casualties. But I guess until we hit the body count of Vietnam (started by, micromanaged by and generally fucked up by a Democrat)...or WWI (Wilson (D)), WWII (FDR/Truman(D)), Korea (Truman (D)) you won't be content. Yeah the left is pretty clean in that department.

lol, record unemployment...at 5.5%??? Hispanic-ish please... May '96 it was 5.6%.

Banking in free-fall? Well I guess Chicken Little if you want to call it that.

Sorry Buddy, It's our turn at the wheel beginning in '09.

Good luck. Can't wait for higher taxes, more regulation and a jacked economy. Obama, the Democratic congress have nothing on the table to fix any of the deep problems in this economy that need to be addressed. For that matter neither do the Republicans. Playing the populist card on oil, environment, foreign policy is not leadership, by any stretch of the imagination. Making tough choices and fixing these issues is what I look for.

Sortarican
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 05:39 PM
No, however they have managed to confine, legislate and regulate many of those industries/institutions into a pretty tight corners and the country has suffered because of it.

Disagree completely. The Dem's just recently gained control of Congress and even then Bush has used the veto to stop "supposed" punative legislation.
Small restrictions on pollution and capital gains are not what has lead this economy into the sink.
How exactly has the country "suffered" at the hand of the Dem Congress choking business?

Do you believe that cutting and running from Iraq/Afganistan will make the problem of terrorism go away? .

It's not a matter of making terrorism go away. That's a pipedream. Terrorism will exist so long as the roots issues behind it exist, and even if those were eliminated, then extremists and psychos would still use it.
I do believe that Iraq was a bad idea, serves no good purpose, and is a waste of human and financial resources.
There was merit in retaliating againt Afganistan after 9/11, little to none in invading Iraq.
Do you honestly believe that we're safer now because of Iraq?

Yeah Carter was dream. .

One out of what 8?
I'd still put Carter up against any Rep persident on integrity. (OK Ike had it too.)

I'll reply to the rest of your response later....must drink beer and stimulate the economy.

mtnairlover
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Must....not....enter....political.....discussions. ...

Oh what the hell, I'll let the candidates speak for themselves.

Barack Obama (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/)

John McCain (http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/)

You guys have fun with it. My first response after only reading a little bit of each site is this...one side likes to continue to poke jabs at the other even when describing his plan during presidency...um I don't give a rip about who has the better jabs, give me substance dammit! Ok, I'm done.

Disclaimer: Neither of the links are a RickRoll...:D

Mental
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Back on topic!

Hippies smell and the brown note is fiction. But if it wasn't and all the hippies shit themselves, how would anyone know?

mtnairlover
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Oh um yeah...hippies! Um...I grew up in Boulder in the 60's whilst the ol' Dad was working on his dissertation. I guess that makes me an infiltrator...or some such horse hockey.

Meh...I haven't been around hippies since I was a wee lil one...so I can't comment on smell, nor can I comment on the infamous "brown note (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_note)"...too funny though.

The Black Knight
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Must....not....enter....political.....discussions. ...

Oh what the hell, I'll let the candidates speak for themselves.

Barack Obama (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/)

John McCain (http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/)

You guys have fun with it. My first response after only reading a little bit of each site is this...one side likes to continue to poke jabs at the other even when describing his plan during presidency...um I don't give a rip about who has the better jabs, give me substance dammit! Ok, I'm done.

Disclaimer: Neither of the links are a RickRoll...:D

I have to be honest and say, that my entire reason for voting for McCain will be based on his stance on Gun Rights. Eventhough he's only been given a Grade C by the NRA as far as his track records go. He's recently said, that he'll do everything in his power to protect the Second Amendment. To me that is more important than the high fuel prices or a less than robust economy that is moving in cycles.

Thomas Jefferson said it best, "a free man, is a man with a gun." So I am able to weather alot of storms in the political and world arena, so long as my right to remain a freeman is not infringed upon.

Regardless of voting just for my party, I have to vote for someone who will protect my oldest of rights(the Bill of Rights). Right now that is one of the biggest strikes(basically all 3 strikes in one) that Barack Obama has against him in my eyes. Anyone looking to reinstate the new revised version of the 1994 Assault Weapons ban or any other "sensible and practical" gun control, immediately gets put on my s**t list. He has said on many occasion that it will be one of his first priorites is to sign it back into effect.

Another big issue is Barack's age and record in office. He hasn't been around enough to do anything really. McCain is a war veteran and POW, not to mention has a rather lenghty service record in our government and while I've always said we should regulate how long people should be able to be in office to shorter terms. I do like the fact that McCain has been around and he has the age and experience to get the job done.

Lastly, is Obama's ethics. While he can rant and rave that he has impeccable ethics, I beg to differ. Anyone who decides to leave their church of over 20+ years on the grounds that his pastor keeps opening his mouth and getting him in trouble, to me is a issue of convienance. Coincidence also that now he quits, while he had 20+ years to quit because of the preachers "bad message" he was delievering. I don't like the fact that his wife has said that,"now is the only time she's felt proud to be an American". You should always feel proud, regardless of who is in office and the administration in charge. Doesn't send a very good message. To me it seems like Obama is running because it's the "cool" thing to do. He's young and people are passing him off as the next JFK. I also just don't like any of his politics whatsoever and I never will. Which is why the Democratic Party doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning my vote. They want to much control over the people and over everything else. Control that belongs to the people and not the elected officials.

Sortarican,
If I remember right, I'll have to look but it was in the Saturday edition of the Wall Street Journal(last week) they had a graph(that went back to Nixon I believe) on the economy for the duration of each president that was in office. Ironically the worst economy was for instance "inflation" was actually at its worst under Carter's Presidency. And actually right now George Bush 2.0 is not much above Clinton(who ranked best), so while the high gas prices surely affect us and a weak dollar. We have seen worst times and I'm sure will see more worse times to come, however the US and our economy have weathered alot and with more to come.

It's not a Republican thing or a Democrat thing, it's a Greed thing. Greed and Vanity are two mankinds biggest downfalls and it is everywhere. HAHA nobody's perfect...

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 09:03 PM
The conservative motherfuckers that basically stole two presidential elections, sent the Supreme Court into a conservative tailspin by the appointment of religious zealots, robbed the middle class of the American Dream by giving the economy a bourgeois enema of massive corporate tax cuts and outsourcing of jobs causing the current endless housing foreclosure flood, reek way more than any petulie-hash-psilocybin hippie surfin the interwebs. I say RAWK the establishment to the point that the next war we fight be here at home between the red states and the blue states. :321:
/rant

The Black Knight
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I say RAWK the establishment to the point that the next war we fight be here at home between the red states and the blue states. :321:
/rant

I truely hope you don't actually believe in that and want that. We already had one Civil War. If/when we have a second Civil War it's going to make the first look like a backyard school fight. Civil War 2.0 would literally devestate this country and many many Americans would lose their lives. But if that's what people want to see, so be it.

color me Red :alien:

mtnairlover
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I say RAWK the establishment to the point that the next war we fight be here at home between the red states and the blue states. :321:
/rant

Dude! Right-on and far-out man!

You know though, that if hippies ran the world, we'd all be doing just fine.:siesta:

God, I'm so bad.

Um and Jason, just chill your jets, k. Honestly. People need to take a step back and look at what's being brought to the table, minus the jabs, minus who did what to whom...what's really being said on both sides? Sheesh! Be smart about it!

The Black Knight
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Dude! Right-on and far-out man!

You know though, that if hippies ran the world, we'd all be doing just fine.:siesta:

God, I'm so bad.

Um and Jason, just chill your jets, k. Honestly. People need to take a step back and look at what's being brought to the table, minus the jabs, minus who did what to whom...what's really being said on both sides? Sheesh! Be smart about it!

Cathy,

I'm just going by what he said. He wants a war where it's brother against brother. That's really not funny and it's not something I'd joke about or look forward too.

mtnairlover
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 09:39 PM
No Jason, it isn't, but knowing Jeff, I think it's a point he's trying to make and not trying to rabble rouse.

This is what I meant by taking a step back...

Here's one smart answer...http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15064460/

Congress let those “pay-as-you-go” rules expire in 2002, which made their jobs a lot easier. Now they could cut taxes without making the hard — and politically unpopular — choices about where to cut spending. Under these “have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too” budget rules, we now get tax cuts and a $250 million Alaskan bridge to nowhere. Nearly a third of the current national debt has been added since 2000.

Just like the compulsive shopper who takes comfort in keeping up with the minimum monthly payment, there’s no day-to-day crisis. Like that shopper, however, the problem comes when you go to borrow more money. When our maxed out credit card shopper asks for a loan to buy a new car, the dealer or banker will probably get a little nervous after they see just much debt has already piled up.

Today, the role of Uncle Sam’s banker is increasingly being played by foreign governments, who buy our debt, in part, to offset their trade imbalances. Whenever you go shopping at Wal-Mart, all of the dollars that get sent to a Chinese clothing factory have to go somewhere. A lot of them come home when the Treasury borrows them back.

While Congress and the White House have been busy sulking about increased dependence on foreign oil, they’ve also been busy increasing our dependence on foreign capital. In December 1984, about 13.5 percent of U.S. Treasuries on the open market were held by foreign governments and investors. As of June 2005, foreigners held more than half our debt — or 51.7 percent. Every time the Treasury offers up more debt, it’s counting on those foreign buyers to keep coming back for more.

Even if they do, and even if, by magic, Congress could get its act together tomorrow and balance the federal budget, the problem will continue to grow. With 78 million baby boomers ready to start collecting Social Security and Medicare in less than a decade, Uncle Sam's minimum monthly payment is going to get a lot bigger.

OK, so we have a big problem. But what, you maybe asking, can I do about it? The answer: You can vote for candidates in November who agree that we have a big problem and can demonstrate that they're serious about fixing it. Soon.

It’s hard enough to pin down politicians who are already in office, so it’s going to be even harder to get a straight answer to tough questions from candidates up for election. And this campaign is shaping up as one of the least issue-oriented in a generation.

That means you’re going to have to do some work on your own. For information about the candidates in your state and district, with links to their Web sites, check out the online guide put together by Taxpayers for Common Sense.

Then look at your candidates' Web sites to see if they address the issues of federal spending and the national debt. If they don’t have a clear position, with details of how they think the problem should be fixed, move on to the next one.

And if none of the candidates in your area address this issue, vote for the one that best represents your other interests. Then write to the winner in January — letting them know how you feel.

You can blame the debt mess on Congress and the White House all you want. But we elected these people.

Note: I only pasted half of the article, so you'll have to click the link for more info.

puckstr
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Stop with the big words.... too long of posts... need pics.

I am at work don't make me think. stupid smart people. and your large brains

http://signofjonah.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/girl_with_dunce_cao.jpg

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM

http://signofjonah.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/girl_with_dunce_cao.jpg

I think I am gonna PUKE:puke:

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM

Awe, is your head gonna esplode, Steve?

Ok, here ya go. Hope this helps alleviate the pressure...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/brownnote.jpg

Did you know that the "brown note" is also known as the "disco dump"?
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/discodump.jpg

rideco
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Just make sure you have your Slayer CD around at all times and you will be fine. :)
rideco

Snowman
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I actually like McCain. I was able to meet him when his congressional delegation came to the South Pole Station in 2006. He personally was very attentive when talking with the scientists and asked real questions expecting real answers, which he got. After his trip, he became allot more liberal on the environment. When you get to see what is happening down there first hand many begin to understand.

However, one of the problems I have with McCain has to do with his take on health care.

This nation has the most advanced medical research and care on the planet. Every American should be outliving anyone else by decades, yet we are 26th on the life expectancy list. That fact screams that there is something wrong in the way health care is dispensed in this country.

The way health insurance companies make money is by taking in premiums and paying for as few medical treatments as possible. They do not believe in preventive care because it will cost them money in the short term and when someone does get sick there are enough loop holes in the polices to allow them to escape without paying.

Their needs to be regulation to prevent insurance companies from denying claims because of prior conditions. Their needs to be regulation to stop them from denying preventive care tests because they think they are not necessary when your doctor does. Their needs to be regulation to stop them from upping your premiums to force you out of the plan. Etc… McCain’s health plan addresses none of this.

All McCain’s plan does is to give a tax credit of $5000.00 or so to let people who don’t get insurance through their job afford their own. Well this is fine if you are rich enough to pay taxes. If you are below the poverty line that tax break will not help and those families just above the line will use this to buy things like food.

Obama’s plan for health care does address these issues and covers all those who want insurance no matter what their financial status.

Thus one reason Obama will have my vote.

Mental
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 10:00 AM
... I say RAWK the establishment to the point that the next war we fight be here at home between the red states and the blue states. :321:
/rant

ppppuuuullllleeeezzzzz. More peaple car about an American Idol voting scandal than voted in the last mid term elections. You actually think peaple will give enough of a shit to get into a fight over elections. The very notion of Red States and Blue States itself is absurd.

Until the baby boomers all die we won't have any solutions, just more of the partisan bullshit. becuase no one wants to solve a problem, they just want to take a stance on it to get elected.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 10:17 AM
ppppuuuullllleeeezzzzz. More peaple car about an American Idol voting scandal than voted in the last mid term elections. You actually think peaple will give enough of a shit to get into a fight over elections. The very notion of Red States and Blue States itself is absurd.

Until the baby boomers all die we won't have any solutions, just more of the partisan bullshit. becuase no one wants to solve a problem, they just want to take a stance on it to get elected.

The problem stems from greed, greed, and more greed. I agree with the Baby Boomer's need to step down but the sacrifice that will be required to make things 'right' isn't limited just to their glutinous existence. Not until there are controls put in place to limit corporate outsourcing, employee benefit reductions including the elimination of Social Security and health care, speculator activity in the markets, addressing unemployment issues, and a plan to make housing affordable then we, sir, are up shit creek without a paddle.

Oh, and when you throw religion into the mix we're all fucked. Religion causes not a Red and Blue demarcation between the political entities but rather a Black and White differential.

puckstr
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Awe, is your head gonna esplode, Steve?

Ok, here ya go. Hope this helps alleviate the pressure...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/brownnote.jpg

Did you know that the "brown note" is also known as the "disco dump"?
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/discodump.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:)

The Black Knight
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM
This nation has the most advanced medical research and care on the planet. Every American should be outliving anyone else by decades, yet we are 26th on the life expectancy list. That fact screams that there is something wrong in the way health care is dispensed in this country.

Another point to interject would be that American's aren't exactly the healthiest eaters in the world. I mean look at the access to all kinds of different foods we have, whether they be good or bad. I think even with the most superior health care program out there, Americans would still live shorter based on our diet.

Also take into account smokers and alcohol consumption and I think it all changes. Plus actual physical activity for Americans. Look at how many fat or obese people we have in America. The last statistic I heard was that either Mississippi or Louisiana were the fattest states in the Union. Close to 26% of their people were considered obese. And I know it's not all from a thyroid problem, some people just love to chow down.

My personal view on the whole healthcare issue would be to focus more on better diet for the whole nation. Just like our motorcycles run like champs when we put fresh oil in them, so do our bodies react better when good foods are introduced into the body. I'll be the first to raise my hand as well when it comes to food. When I eat healthy food, I've got great energy and feel great but I stop in at McD's and sure it tastes freaking great, but I feel zapped after. Lack of energy and feel like I need to take a nap.

I'm in big agreement with you about the insurance companies themselves. I think they are crooks and are out to pass the buck on to you(us). We just see the way to resolve the issue in completely different ways. I myself really liked Mitt Romney's stance on healthcare. Passing legislation and forces these companies to make their healthcare affordable and available to the populace. I like his take on it, because it focused still on people's freedom to choose whether or not they want healthcare, even if it were made super affordable. I mean I know of people that get smokin deals on their health insurance through their jobs, yet wave it every year because they hate the insurance companies that bad and feel their are crooks.

Which brings me to Obama and Hillary's healthcare they were proposing and moreso Hillary's plan. I don't like mandatory healthcare. I've already got amazing benefits through my work, why do I need to then have to pay for another set of bene's I won't use?? Especially under Hillary's plan where everyone would have to get Universal Healthcare regardless if you had your own. So for those of us that already have bene's, we'd have to pay twice for them.

I personally think the whole healthcare and insurance company debate could go on for years.

You know you're probably right. If it's not the "in" thing to do Americans just don't give a s**t. I mean people whined and complained about the writers strike. I honestly didn't realize it, because I don't watch regular shows. I like movies or educational stuff. Desperate Housewives or American Idol don't really matter.

So to actually get Americans to fight in Civil War 2.0 would be tough. Most would just be complacent and accept whatever fate would be handed down to them. You might be lucky enough to get half of the population to fight and that's a stretch. However, I myself do believe there are some things in life worth fighting for.

Oh, and when you throw religion into the mix we're all fucked. Religion causes not a Red and Blue demarcation between the political entities but rather a Black and White differential.

What exactly is your hang up with Religion or religious folk? I mean yeah those of religious faith will have their decision making based on their faith or beliefs. But so would an Atheist or Agnostic or whatever kind of person you get. Everyone's own personal beliefs shape and form their decision making in everything they do everyday and in life. I mean you're beliefs influence the things you do and say, just as mine influence my life.

So I fail to see how religion has polluted politics anymore than non-religion types. Everyone puts their own spin on it.

I think you're main deal is you just don't like anyone religious. Ever stop to think that maybe they don't like you either? So now isn't everyone just content then. Fact is you'll never please everyone, you'll always have someone that you just don't get along with or don't like they way they think. You can't change people or the way they think so why try? I mean it does take all kinds to make the world spin.

Chilly
Wed Jun 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM
SO... After long internal monologues and decisions of if or of not to post.... -Here goes.

War: The advent is as old as the human intellect, and can be found within biological creatures; it's coded for it... This is a simple fact... Maynard says it quite nicely, "Silly Monkeys given thumbs, they forge a club and beat their Brother down." Note that he says Brother there? That is what we are (no hippy thoughts included.) What I commonly see is a division; an infighting that keeps us at the necks of each other. A sort of programming that states "We have to disagree; it is our belief." What if we can settle in the middle of distrust, anger, religion, bigotry, and seek to find common ground where we all can decide where this shit situation will end up?

-To call the current power brokers conservatives is an abomination to me. There is nothing that I see which is to be called conservative. It is however, a cater-to-large-business administration... Just look at all these larger mergers that are happening within the financial markets. They are preparing themselves for a "Here is where you get it, and we know it monopoly." Is this free-market capitalistic behaviour? -Not to me. Is it all out socialism, and get your donuts from your governor? -Not that either...
What it boils down to is a For the People By The People stance that WE as a nation have to adopt, and adopt quickly. We are losing rights and freedoms daily. We are losing our core (middle-class) to outsourcing, and not producing goods for consumption and job-creation here in the states. We are letting the World, and the popular media feed us what it is that they want us to hear. We are the ones who put them into office (Cathy.) Let us not forget, that We are the ones that can get them out of there...

Ideology and religion is another form of control, wherein if I am to allow my belief in Christ, Muhammed, Buddha, Joe Smith, or any one of the cows that run free-reign in India cloud my judgment to the fact that all of these inspired and "holy" taught against such divisions and hatred; epic failure on my part.

What is it that I believe?
No human has the right, or the wherewithal to inspire me to think anything other than what I know to be truth. I am in control of what I think, what I feel, what I eat, and surely in who tells me what to think. I am also subject to the greater good, and commonwealth of my brethren and the rest of the world. Does this make us a whole lot of money, grant us immunity from crazy people who blow shit up, from the predations of children, the everyday doldrums of being ants in a pile? The answer is no. Can we drop the sword to the neck of our fellow humans and turn the tide to those responsible? -You bet. But, we have to look beyond this everyday lull and din of noise we call apathy, and get together to re-build our futures for the betterment of those we leave this ball of rock to.

This will come with the cost of losing our rights to be free and giving our country to the few, if we don't pay attention to the steps being taken to thwart our knowing it. There is no steel hardened without the heat of the fire, and it also takes an alloy to make a steel no person can bend. Can we become a part of something stronger and more refined? It takes only one.

-The power is yours to use how it seems fit... I don't want to stand in line for my bread.
-While you were out fighting each other, "I rearranged the house and all the furniture, I hope you don't mind" they will say...

my $0.76 (current inflation rate included)

T-Dub
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Here's what I want as a free person in this country.
These are not in order of importance.

1. I want to be able to hunt and protect myself and family and property with firearms. (As I have all my life)

2. I want to keep my job and my wife to keep her job and all my friends who work hard to keep thier jobs.

3. I want cheap gas, cheap food, cheap utilities and more money for the job I do.

4. I want to keep all of the freedoms that me, my grandfather and all his brothers, my uncle, my great grandfather and all his brothers fought so that I could keep.

5. To not care about the stockmarket or financial markets. I don't have enough money to invest in the stockmarket and my checking, credit cards, and savings accounts, are all tapped out because I am paying more than $3.50 for gas and more than $550.00 in groceries for me, my wife, and two kids.

6. I want to be able to pay for college for my kids.

7. I want to be out of debt.

8. I want all my friends that are in danger in other countries to come home safely.

9. I want my 9 year old daughter (who has never known what peace is) to know what peace is. We have been fighting a war in one way or the other since she has been aware of it.

10. I want to live in a pre-911 world.

These are not all-inclusive and may change at any time. I don't care who wins the election, Republican or Democrat, it doesn't really matter to me. I am a Republican. I will say that W. is an idiot and I am glad he can't run again. I don't like Obama for several reasons. One of which, maybe shallow of me, is that his name is Barrack Hussein Obama. That just doesn't sound like an American President to me. I have never observed pictures of McCain in a turbin. I have never heard McCain's preacher say negative things about America. You know? I mean, it just seems too fishy to me to vote for Obama. I have read all of the above posts and there are some very real and good points. You people are much more intelligent about politics than I. These are just the things that affect me. You may agree or not. That is our right. God Bless America and nobody else. :)

Devaclis
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Do you have a time machine? ;)

puckstr
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 08:03 AM
http://coffeejedi.darkimage.net/old_thread.jpg

dm_gsxr
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I don't like Obama for several reasons. One of which, maybe shallow of me, is that his name is Barrack Hussein Obama. That just doesn't sound like an American President to me. I have never observed pictures of McCain in a turbin. I have never heard McCain's preacher say negative things about America. You know? I mean, it just seems too fishy to me to vote for Obama.

I'd really like to hear your other reasons.

Carl