PDA

View Full Version : erico motorsports denver

codfish124
Mon Jun 16th, 2008, 06:32 PM
:scream1::scream1::scream1: not happy at all. i bought a used bike from them every one in the shop told me it was a great runner. so after my 3rd day there and finely getting all the paper work done i headed out with my new bike 2 sec later they closed. the bike was jerky thought maybe it had sat for a wile and the chain was sticky then the bike stalled out hmmmm that's weird. well there closed cant do any thing tonight. went back the next day with a soar back from being jerked a round on the bike. well the chain is bad they said i said OK fix it they said no that's not covered with the warn-tee its a wearable item i said OK but it woren so bad every one in your service department should be fired i paid your 575 dealer and handling and the carbs a not synced it stalling out the clutch is in need of adjustment long story short they fixed the chain and left me with the rest as a barter deal

be warned i would not go there if i had to

G35CO
Fri Jun 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
You didn't take it for a test drive before you bought it?

rybo
Fri Jun 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I'm surprised to hear this. Erico is a good shop and for the most part I've have very good experiences there.

Did you talk with the GM or owner? John is very customer service oriented and does a good job of making sure it's right.

fook
Fri Jun 20th, 2008, 01:41 PM
you should have taken the bike for a spin first..

that said, I had horrendously bad issues with Erico years ago and haven't stepped foot in there since. I will agree John is extremely service oriented but the quality of techs they *used* to staff left a little to be... desired and John and Trip, while promising me up one side and down the other that they would take care of a huge mistake the service dept. made ended up costing me months of effort on my part, chasing them down to make good.

yes, i'm still a bit sore about Erico.

Shortcake
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Ask JustSomeDude how he likes that place ;)

codfish124
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
first off i didn't have an endorsement so i could not test ride the bike. the sales guy i was talking too kept telling me that this was a great running bike and very smooth. he also added that he had personally ridden the bike and when i was leaving he told me to be careful this bike has a lot of tork. about 3 sec latter i found out what he meant as it stalled out shifting from 2nd to 3rd and i almost went down.

the only good person was Ron the finance guy the GM i talked to was the guy that finally said well fix the chain but were not going to fix the carbs its one or the other. i was also complaining about the clutch needing to be bled when i got the bike back after they replaced the chain the tech told me that they shouldn't charge me for the chain because they missed it when they went through it. when i went to fill the bike up next time i saw clutch fluid on the faring and the cap wasn't tiend also the little thing that held the cap on was gone.

Canuck
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
It's typical Erico. Not surprised with that service story.

salsashark
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
not the first time I've heard a story like this... sorry about your experience. Hopefully they'll make it right.

BigE
Sun Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
This is why you learn to service your own bike.

codfish124
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:49 AM
well i can service my own bike it was just somany things right after i bought it now im happy with the bike got an air box lid comming (missinf when i bought the bike) some two bros pipes. gonna be a runner

pwrtrippin
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Well Cod, if you want some help on a tune up I got the sync, Bought right after Erico screwed me too. Scheduled for a 12000mi valve adjustment and throttle body sync. Talked to Dominic about getting a rental and dropping the bike off Friday night before close for a Sat morning appointment, he told me I was in the book, Showed up two weeks later on Friday and he had wrote down Thursday for drop off, Friday tuneup. Then would not make room or follow through to get my bike in in a timely matter, wanted to schedule me another 2 weeks out. He already knew I had to drive up from the Springs, like I'm going to come back to get told the same thing again. Went out and bought my own carb sync and a Tuneboy for the same money. Any Triumph riders want a tuneup done?

codfish124
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
i will like help with a carb sync but i want to wait till i get the airbox lid that was missing should be in soon ill run the vac lines so it will be ezer and see if i need a spechil tool. thanks ill pm ya when im ready

salsashark
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Went out and bought my own carb sync and a Tuneboy for the same money. Any Triumph riders want a tuneup done?

:hibye:

I wouldn't mind seeing if I can reduce some decel popping on my S3

pwrtrippin
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Cod, shouldn't need any special tools I have the carb sync a screw driver is really the only other tool needed, What type of Bike is it?

Salsa, What year and setup (pipes, etc)

salsashark
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 02:07 PM
07 Speed Triple

Stock setup except for the pipe: Leo Vince Low Mount Single Sided GP Style Evo II Slip On

codfish124
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 01:07 PM
i just got my 2 bros intoday i guess the bikes been jetted to run with no air lid caus when i put it on the thing ran like butt so if any one has the carb syncer and want to help send me a pm or email

98 superhawk vtr1000 i was told that you need a honda tool to sync them and i dont have it

JarSTriple
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Chris is a sales guy down there. He's the only one who was actually cool and helpful when I was testing out the Triples. Parts and Service were a whole different story. On the phone and in person, both departments had rude people. I called to check stock on a part and got hung up on. Then I had to inform another parts guy that he had my part in stock before he made me wait for it to be shipped from the factory. Then when I tried to get the part I picked up taken care of in service, the guy at the counter told me I had to talk to someone else and then he proceeded to take phone call after phone call without going to get that "someone else" for me. :down: