PDA

View Full Version : Complaint on I-5 in Seattle

fullgrownbear
Tue Jun 17th, 2008, 07:09 PM
http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_061608WAB_motorcycle_stunts_I-5_SW.da04f5b.html?npc

Pretty crazy video. I've seen this sort of thing once or twice on I-70 in denver, Around I-225 and Chambers.

Drift
Tue Jun 17th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I know it is not funny...but I have to laugh because that video was shot in the immediate area of where I grew up and went to high school.

fullgrownbear
Tue Jun 17th, 2008, 08:17 PM
It is funny if you listen to the people filming it. They seem to be enjoying it.

derekm
Tue Jun 17th, 2008, 11:57 PM
those guys sucked (both the group of riders AND the cars passengers)

Clovis
Wed Jun 18th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Tattletellers!

I`m Batman
Wed Jun 18th, 2008, 08:28 AM
damn bikers! hooligans!

Sean
Wed Jun 18th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I think it's dumb to do it on a busy interstate, whatever. But to block all lanes of traffic, that's just a dick move.

Matty
Wed Jun 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Did anyone notice in the video how they seemed concerned that the wheelies "had to be so illegal" and then after calling the cops they say "we should slow down so we don't get pulled over" and then "we're only going 72, they have bigger fish to fry."

fullgrownbear
Wed Jun 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I would consider what they were doing a "bigger" fish to fry. I'm glad that it came out the way it did though. If you take the risk, you have to be willing to get the ticket, and fork out the expenses of the possible outcome.

I have seen countless videos of even experienced wheelies gone bad. The clutch can give way, the chain can snap.. and a countless number of other things.

I just think it's a bad idea to do on such a busy interstate where the risk of killing yourself, or causing someone else to lose control of their vehicle and kill everyone inside, is too big.

Of course I do agree, it was probably a major adrenaline rush at the time. I just don't think I'd be willing to live with the possible outcome. Too many variables, too much risk, too much can go wrong.

I just picture myself sitting in rush hour traffic after a fatal accident just occurred. Not fun anyway you look at it, for myself, or the involved parties.

Oh, and I do think what the car filming was doing, was completely idiotic. They were following way to close. They wouldn't have nearly been able to stop in time, should something drastic had occurred. They were just excited beavers, thats all.

McVaaahhh
Wed Jun 18th, 2008, 10:03 PM
douche-bags :down:

SethVicious
Thu Jun 19th, 2008, 10:52 AM
jesus christ those people in the car were intolerable

puckstr
Thu Jun 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM
A car load of jealous little bitches.

MrMischief
Thu Jun 19th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Don't do stunts in traffic, unless you want me to point, laugh and say "ha ha, what an idiot." I've seen my fair share of stunters on surface streets and the highway. I'm fine with it and watch, whatever no big deal to me. My wife freaks out like the people in the video. I've got insurance to cover any damage they might do to my truck while they kill themselves and I just stay away when on my bike. However; what dickheads to block traffic. That's where I draw the line. Although I don't think these guys were trying really hard to block traffic, they were still doing it and for that they get to be labeled dickheads.

Joe
Thu Jun 19th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Man, who HASN'T done a wheelie on that stretch of road?!?

The cagers were actually doing a pretty good job of filming,
It was better than a lot of "Professional" videos I've seen.

Miles
Fri Jun 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
This video kinds upsets me.
The stunting pilots should know better but it is their lives and bikes they risk ruining.
But, what really make me upset is the people filming it. "Should we call the cops?...Yeah, let's do that..." Mind your own business!!! It's not okay to do a wheelie, fine. But then it's ok to speed after the bikes to film them? They are passing all the other cars and speeding to keep up! So is that safe?! I hope the folks in the car received tickets too. Lame.

Slo
Fri Jun 20th, 2008, 04:35 PM
It's not okay to do a wheelie, fine. But then it's ok to speed after the bikes to film them? They are passing all the other cars and speeding to keep up! So is that safe?! I hope the folks in the car received tickets too. Lame.

+1
Those cagers are the kinds of people that go in the fast lane at 5-10mph over the speed limit, but block anyone else from passing since they feel that they are going fast enough for everyone.