PDA

View Full Version : brake line bleeding HELP

GSXR-ATW
Wed Sep 29th, 2004, 10:07 PM
so I replaced the front brake lines on my 04 gix 1000 with steel, everything went on good, bled the lines had fluid coming out both sides, still don't have pressure with the brakes, anyone have any ideas, please help

rybo
Wed Sep 29th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Hey,

You've still got air in there somewhere.......the best solution I've seen is to go and get a mityvac. It's a little hand operated suction pump that you can use to bleed the brakes. I saw them at Harbor Freight last week. Make sure to get the actual mity vac brand, I've not found any others that work as well.

S

GSXR-ATW
Wed Sep 29th, 2004, 10:33 PM
do you hook the vac up to the bleed off valve?

Hozerking
Wed Sep 29th, 2004, 10:41 PM
How long did you bleed them?

if you stopped at the first sight of fluid that is not good!, you have to keep going until you get the air out!

-al

GSXR-ATW
Thu Sep 30th, 2004, 07:07 AM
no, I bled them for quite a while, I bled one side at a time and I heard air being pushed out of both sides and then brake fluid came out and I've tried bleeding them a few times since and now brake fluid comes out right away but still no pressure

Feathered upstart!
Thu Sep 30th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Your not leaving the nipple open and letting the brake lever back are you?

GSXR-ATW
Thu Sep 30th, 2004, 04:16 PM
No, I guess when you replace lines you can't bleed them by hand (thanks Dave) and thanks for the advice on the MityVac Scott, it worked good, I have brakes again.