PDA

View Full Version : Another Oil ?

Knuckle Dragger
Wed Jun 18th, 2008, 06:29 PM
So I cahnged the oil in my Hayabusa all was working fine just doing the maintenace. I admit I used Valvoline High Milage 10w40 (it has the same rating as motorcycle oil). I ussally use the valveoline 10w40 motorcycle oil. Now it seem the bike has a hard time going into netrual untill it gets warmed up and I notice a difference in the shifting. It seem harder to shift again untill it warms up some. When I say warmed up I mean droven for a little distance; about three or four blocks. I rechecked the oil and the level is fine not over or under. Just curious if anyone has any light to shed on the subject before I drain the oil and do another oil change?

jimwallace
Wed Jun 18th, 2008, 06:41 PM
oils do have an effect, as to whether or not the issue you are encountering is due to that i cannot say for sure. the biggest difference between car and motorcycle oil is the zinc and copper (for lubrication purposes) difference. i would say before you change your oil i would check your clutch cable for adjustment, and if you do change your oil while its empty take a micrometer and check out your clutch to make sure its still within specs.