PDA

View Full Version : just installed my 15 tooth front sprocket but....

madvlad
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:21 AM
It pulls a little harder than before but as I was test riding it, I noticed that my speedo stopped working... I need help cause I can't figure out why it happened.

Spy007
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:23 AM
Bah... knowing how fast you are rolling and how many miles are racked up is over-rated...

Honestly though, did you possibly disconnect the speedo cable/sensor?

rybo
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:38 AM
The speedo sensor ( i think ) is on the sprocket cover of this bike...

Guessing Spy007 has it right and you've unplugged it...

madvlad
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Well everything is hooked back in how it was so I dk what could be causing the problem.

Spy007
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
Does your bike have a diagnostic ability with the instrument cluster?

madvlad
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 09:20 AM
I don't think so, I just got to work and I think I know what the problem might be...

The GECCO
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
I don't think so, I just got to work and I think I know what the problem might be...

and...........?

madvlad
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Well I found out it was the speedo sensor rotor that broke so yea, got it ordered but doesn't come in until Monday :(.... Oh well there aint no way to learn without messin up.

shift shiftly
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I just dropped a tooth on my front sprocket too ! on my R1
It does get the front end up a bit easier.:)
Glad you solved the speedeo problem your self rather than paying someone

Shift

madvlad
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I just dropped a tooth on my front sprocket too ! on my R1
It does get the front end up a bit easier.:)
Glad you solved the speedeo problem your self rather than paying someone

Shift

Nice dude, it certainly helps but I still have to bounce her pretty hard to get the front end up decently. With just gas it comes up like an inch or so..... Pretty new to the whole wheelie deal so I'm still practicing hehehe.... I just took the service manual from work and figured it out, one of the techs here helped me out with it.

mastap07
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
well it is a gixRsix lol :turtle:

Nice dude, it certainly helps but I still have to bounce her pretty hard to get the front end up decently. With just gas it comes up like an inch or so..... Pretty new to the whole wheelie deal so I'm still practicing hehehe.... I just took the service manual from work and figured it out, one of the techs here helped me out with it.

madvlad
Wed Jun 25th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I got somethin comin for you yamawho owners hehehe

madvlad
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 11:09 PM
My speedo sensor rotor finally came in today, just installed it and it feels good to see how fast I'm going lol..... I calibrated with my cousin's car and its only 2-3 mph off the actual speed. I was expecting worse but hell I'm good lol

jaredm85
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM
lol you got somethin for us owners huh haha what ya got? a g-i-slow-ixer? lol just playin man, glad you got it fixed ... be awhile since we have cruised we need to meet up soon!