PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo this weekend? Why?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
So who's going and why?

mayhem
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
racing............

mtnairlover
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Still undecided. I've got kids to schedule my days around and um...trying to come up with other excuses to prove my undecidedness...so...well...um...

...more later:)

pauliep
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
Cheer some racers on.

mtnairlover
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Oh and um yeah..."if" I were to go, then I'd go to cheer on the racers, especially LOR...yay!

64BonnieLass
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Going because I missed the last one. :(
Going to cheer on so many people that I really care about.
Going because I promised!
Going to see LOR for the first time.
Going to return a license plate.
Going to have a great day and get my crack on. I love the starts....the sound of all the bikes together at the grid just puts goosebumps all over me (Joe got me addicted). Then I run like hell to turn 7. I will never ride like that. Sure is fun to watch others with skill accomplish it. :yay:

Wahooman
Mon Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:15 PM
Good to see some of you coming down to watch and support. Feel free to swing by and say hello!

Slo
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
<---- Will be racing but might turn in some hours for corner working and also will be definitely cheering on some other CSC members in the MRA!!!!!

cromer611
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 12:55 AM
<---racing

1ofTheBoys
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Racing
Hang out with some awesome people
See the women from Albuqurque who are making the long trek up to Pueblo to race in LOR/WoW
Oh, and did I say racing.

lovinCO
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Cheering and tailgating! The only other thing we need is a keg. :)

TopTier
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I'll be there for my first race weekend

Sean
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Cheering on those bad mofo's from the CSC,
lil corner working,
lil capming (why camp in RMNP when you can camp at PMP) and
hopefully meet some new people.

Slo
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:09 AM
One more thing we need is you out there racing!!!!!

I'll be there for my first race weekend
Jon, will be good to see you out there, let us know if you need any help with anything.

Cheering on those bad mofo's from the CSC,
lil corner working
See you out there, make sure you stop by the "far eastern" pit.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:19 AM
So, I'm heading down to corner work. While looking for hotels, I was finding everything in Pueblo is booked because of the Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals that are also in Pueblo this weekend. So, I called the Fountain Inn up in Fountain to see if there was something at least kinda close to Pueblo to stay Saturday night. After asking if there was availability, the guy says yes...would you like smoke or no smoke. I tell him I want a non-smoking room at least 3 times before he understands. I'm starting to get a weird feeling as I'm talking to him about the quality of the place. So, I ask him, "These rooms are clean, right? I mean there is normal house-keeping, right?" He answers me like this..."Clean? No not so much. This is truck driver hotel...Not so clean." :wtf: At this point, I politely say "Thanks, I'll be staying somewhere else, I think. Good-bye."

So, I'm staying at the Super luxurious Super 8 right next door to this dive. I'm guessing it may also be "Not so clean." But I didn't want to ask this time. What the hell, surprises are fun!

:up:

rybo
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Randy,

Check with Kip and crew, sometimes they reserve a block of rooms in advance for the corner workers.

Thank you for all of your support in the MRA, we really couldn't do it without folks like you looking out for us.

scott

salsashark
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM
none of the above?!

heading up to Silverthorne to spend three days riding in the mountains uninterupted!

shift shiftly
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'll be there taking pics and video.............
My Bro will be racing so I can double as a pit crew too ,,,

Shift

Ray-Ray
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Randy,

Check with Kip and crew, sometimes they reserve a block of rooms in advance for the corner workers.

Thank you for all of your support in the MRA, we really couldn't do it without folks like you looking out for us.

scott

MRA only book rooms for Hastings race weekends. Sorry!!

cdbouncer
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Cheering and...

making sure tire warmers are on
making sure the bike has enough gas
making sure the rider drinks enough fluid
making sure the rider gets too many photos
meeting new rider
ohhh...wearing new rider pit tshirt :yay:

Sortarican
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Going to try and get some track riding in on Friday.
Hopefully my laps are getting quick enough that I won't interfere with the racers tuning up.
Still trying to decide if I want to stay overnight and whether I can hang Sat. and Sun.
Sounds like there's going to be a pretty full grid in most of the races.
I'll be cheering on the WOW/LOR racers and hooting it up for my FOG brother Dirk and the Amazin' Asian Jay.

.... I will never ride like that. Sure is fun to watch others with skill accomplish it...

Amen Sister!

<---- Will be racing...

Which races/days are you planning to run?

..See the women from Albuqurque who are making the long trek up to Pueblo...

LOR/WOW is definitely gonna be a fan favorite this weekend.

... The only other thing we need is a keg. :)

Now you're talkin girl! :cheers:
I plan on having the Marg's pre mixed and ready.
(Purely for medicinal purposes of course, doctors orders, the salt helps in the heat.)

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM

I found an unopened Heineken pony keg in our fridge in the basement from our housewarming party, DEFINITELY coming with us this weekend, Dave's birthday is Monday so were celebrating this weekend :hump:

Oh, I'm going because I am resident crew chief AKA pit biatch for Hoopty, at least he had to play soccer mom at my soccer tourney last weekend :D

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 08:59 AM
So, I'm heading down to corner work. While looking for hotels, I was finding everything in Pueblo is booked because of the Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals that are also in Pueblo this weekend. So, I called the Fountain Inn up in Fountain to see if there was something at least kinda close to Pueblo to stay Saturday night. After asking if there was availability, the guy says yes...would you like smoke or no smoke. I tell him I want a non-smoking room at least 3 times before he understands. I'm starting to get a weird feeling as I'm talking to him about the quality of the place. So, I ask him, "These rooms are clean, right? I mean there is normal house-keeping, right?" He answers me like this..."Clean? No not so much. This is truck driver hotel...Not so clean." :wtf: At this point, I politely say "Thanks, I'll be staying somewhere else, I think. Good-bye."

So, I'm staying at the Super luxurious Super 8 right next door to this dive. I'm guessing it may also be "Not so clean." But I didn't want to ask this time. What the hell, surprises are fun!

:up:

:lol: the Super 8 isn't bad, just bring your own pillow and blanky like I used to. Or camp out like we do now :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I should be there on Saturday to help out in the pits of Corner One Racing. :D

Tipys
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Cheering cause I can

Spicee Brown
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Im trying to make my triumpant return racing..Ive gotta get back on the horse that bit me!.Thanks to all coming down to cornerwork, hope I dont have to meet you in the dirt!
Sortarican, figure out if you need an extra guy on for friday, I'll split gas if you have a 2 up trailer!

SamuraiX
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM
none of the above?!

heading up to Silverthorne to spend three days riding in the mountains uninterupted!

We were up there last week! was great! - stayed by Lake Dillon, did some cold ass fishing in my folks boat, and went up by Leadville to a few off-road trails (Holy cross city)

Missed my bike the entire time!

Hope you have a great trip! :) oh shit, this is a Pueblo thread, sorry.

Slo
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Will be nice having you out there on Friday.... You won't be getting in anyones way.
I will be racing on Saturday: Nov-O and Endurance-O, would try Am-o but damn, it's the last race on Sunday, can't do it.

Going to try and get some track riding in on Friday.
Hopefully my laps are getting quick enough that I won't interfere with the racers tuning up.
Still trying to decide if I want to stay overnight and whether I can hang Sat. and Sun.
Sounds like there's going to be a pretty full grid in most of the races.
I'll be cheering on the WOW/LOR racers and hooting it up for my FOG brother Dirk and the Amazin' Asian Jay.

Which races/days are you planning to run?

Sortarican
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 11:27 AM
..Sortarican, figure out if you need an extra guy on for friday, I'll split gas if you have a 2 up trailer!

Dirk's got dibs on the freebie pass and I'm waiting to hear back on possibley cerpooling with him.
If he's full I might be up for splitting gas with ya. I'll PM you as soon as I know, hopefully before the end of today.
BTW,
Congrat's on the return to competetion, I'll be rooting you on!

Will be nice having you out there on Friday.... You won't be getting in anyones way.
I will be racing on Saturday: Nov-O and Endurance-O, would try Am-o but damn, it's the last race on Sunday, can't do it.

See ya down there Friday Jay, looking forward to cheating your lines.
I'd love to be able to catch both Sat. and Sun's races , just not sure if I can get away for that long though.

TopTier
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Jon, will be good to see you out there, let us know if you need any help with anything.

Thanks Jay I'm sure I'll need some help.

Slo
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 11:45 AM
On another note, the hotels down there are packed full due to multiple events so if anyone is willing to use some floor space, let me know. I would suggest bringing a blanket ;)

I will be staying at the Ramada....
Heres my number in case you show up and can't get a room overnight...
303-557-8013

D Berns R6
Tue Jun 24th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I have one space open in my enclosed 6x12 trailer for all your gear accessories and bike if anyone wants to save some money and split gas. Call me if interested 303-667-5859.

Dingle

64BonnieLass
Sat Jun 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM
It's almost time!!!!! Whoo hoo! :yay:

I can't even wait. I don't even race and I get all nervous when I go.

So I'll be coming in on the Lil Sunshine with Randall.

I think I will wear my dark blue Truimph T-shirt. I know it sounds gay maybe, but if you see a blonde with that t-shirt, stop and say hey Terri. :)

I hate it when I know people are there, and yet I haven't met them. We all cross paths and yet I haven't met you. It's weird maybe, but I like knowing people and being able to talk to them, if even for a second.

Lawd....I can't even wait.....

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Jun 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Great day today...Damn there are some good racers out there. A few folks tested out there leathers, but looks like most of them were just fine.And Terri...I'll have to stop by and say hi during the lunch break or after the races.

64BonnieLass
Sat Jun 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I will most likely be in or around Joe's pit. JPLRacing.

Can't wait to be there and to meet you. I'm soooooo excited. God I can't even wait....Joe said come now, but I think a good nights sleep will be perfect so that I can ride the Lil Sunshine.

Bring It! Bring it! Bring it! :hump:

tl1000riders
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 05:03 PM
That was awesome! My first trip to the track and it definetely won't be my last. Next time maybe i'll be in the race(lol). Good to see Dirk, Sue, Joe, Jay, Sean, Doug, Rick, and meet Shelia.

Has anyone heard about Dingle?:( I hope he's okay.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah hope all is well heard he was taking a nap on the track in 7.

Paul 5150
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 06:22 PM
boo hoo I missed da race

Sean
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 06:34 PM
On another note, the hotels down there are packed full due to multiple events so if anyone is willing to use some floor space, let me know. I would suggest bringing a blanket ;)
Thanks Jay/Doug for letting me listen to you guys snore for a night. Good conversation, comfy floor and a hot shower; it was really appreciated!!!!!

That was awesome! My first trip to the track and it definetely won't be my last. Next time maybe i'll be in the race(lol). Good to see Dirk, Sue, Joe, Jay, Sean, Doug, Rick, and meet Shelia.
Ton's of fun!!! I had a great time hanging out with y'all!

Dirk, Jay, Doug and Sheila...you guys did great! Mike, maybe we'll be grided next to each other, next year? :slappers:

TopTier
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 07:43 PM
man what a weekend, I had a blast for my first weekend of racing. I made a lot of improvements. I went from 1:50's Friday to my personal best in AMO today a 1:41. It was fun hanging out with Jay, Chelsea, Doug, Dirk, and Rick in the pits

Slo
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Scott, thanks for bringing down a front stand for me....let alone, loaning it to me, perfect timing since I need a re-build on my front forks. Would have been a disaster without it!!!!

Great weekend, lot's of new personal bests' out there for all of us. Many new racers as well from the CSC, it was pretty exciting to see many familiar faces out there.

Thanks Jay/Doug for letting me listen to you guys snore for a night. Good conversation, comfy floor and a hot shower; it was really appreciated!!!!!

Any time, glad you could make it!!

Next time maybe i'll be in the race(lol).

That would be bada$$, would love to see more CSC members in the MRA.

It was fun hanging out with Jay, Chelsea, Doug, Dirk, and Rick in the pits

Good to see you out there John.....

dirkterrell
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Great day today...Damn there are some good racers out there. A few folks tested out there leathers, but looks like most of them were just fine.

Yeah, I'll be a little sore for a few days after my failed attempt to make an inside pass on 7 led to my taking a dirt bath. :) I let my competitive side have too much control and didn't want to let the front two get too far away before I could pass the guy in third. Oh well, that's racing. It was definitely a very positive weekend for me knocking 4 seconds off my best lap time there after getting some instruction from Mark Schellinger last week and using race tires for the first time. Of course, I was humiliated in Heavyweight Endurance, getting passed three times by a gorilla. :)

Glad all you guys and gals could come down and enjoy the races. It really is a big boost to have people cheering you on.

Dirk

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Had this fella wondering across turn 6b...He looked to be about 3 1/2 to 4 ft. as he was making his way. He had an odd little lump about a foot or two down from his mouth...kinda thinking he just had lunch.

Not a very good pick (bad camera phone), but you get the idea. This was after I moved him from the turn to the burm about 50 ft. a way.

mtnairlover
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 07:48 AM
:bigeyes: You "moved" the snake?:bigeyes: What unique company you keep out there on the track.

I had a blast watching all the races and cheering on all the guys and gals. Very cool to see the ladies ripping it up as well.

I think the guest that Bat had was maybe just a tad more excited than I was. He's getting his fill of the country in 5 and a half weeks riding his 250 from New Jersey and visiting various folks from his forum along the way. He was quite impressed with the races.

64BonnieLass
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Oh my gosh what an AMAZING day. I get more and more addicted every time I get to go. :)

The Ladies of the Rockies...were smokin'. What a blast to watch you.

I missed the Race of Rockies to get back on the road, but I no sooner made it back to town and heard Jim Wilson took 5th which is no easy feat in that race. Dang you're fast! You did awesome all day long.

Scott can sure haul some tail too. It was so fun to watch all of you all day long.

Congrats to everyone who goes out there "and just does it". What a great group all the way around.

Yay! :)

ghostrider_9
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 09:28 AM
+1 on what everyone has already posted. I had a wonderful time on Sunday. I am sorry I missed Saturday too. Lots of friendly people out on Sunday. It was great to put more names and faces together. Much thaks to Randy "the snake wrangler" for filling me in on all that had been happening and general conversation while at turn 7.

I took a LOT of photos and will work diligently this evening to get through them all and get them posted for everyone to see. I will let you guys know when they are up.

Sortarican
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Had this fella wondering across turn 6b....

LOL,
Had a prarrie dog run out into the entrance of turn 1 Friday and just freeze in the middle.
Don't know who was more freaked him or me.:crazy:

Some pics from Sundays races:
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/Sortarican_2112/PMP%20June%2029th/

lovinCO
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM
+1 to what everyone else said, it was great watching all of you kicking butt! Very inspiring, especially fun watching the women racers with Teri and Sheila. The LOR grid was big, I'll post pictures of it later.

Cathy, it was nice to finally meet you, we'll have to catch up more next time. Hearing about your friend riding cross country is pretty amazing. :)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
+1 on what everyone has already posted. I had a wonderful time on Sunday. I am sorry I missed Saturday too. Lots of friendly people out on Sunday. It was great to put more names and faces together. Much thaks to Randy "the snake wrangler" for filling me in on all that had been happening and general conversation while at turn 7.

I took a LOT of photos and will work diligently this evening to get through them all and get them posted for everyone to see. I will let you guys know when they are up.

Great meeting and chatting with you too Mark. Can't wait to see some of those pics.

mtnairlover
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 08:51 PM
Cathy, it was nice to finally meet you, we'll have to catch up more next time. Hearing about your friend riding cross country is pretty amazing. :)

Hey, you too, Wyeth. Let me know when ya wanna hang out on hwy7 sometime. We can do lunch either at Oskar Blues, or up in Estes and catch up a bit.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 09:00 PM
I know Mark (ghostrider9) will also have some killer pics, but there are some to look through by John Weiland as well.

http://jwpga.lifepics.com/a/v.cfm?h=703E5B97

http://jwpga.lifepics.com/a/v.cfm?h=93661DD8

ghostrider_9
Fri Jul 4th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks *GSXR~SNAIL*!!! The images are up and ready to be seen. Follow this link to find information about them - >LINK< (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=321322#post321322)