PDA

View Full Version : KZ 400

mikesf4i
Fri Oct 1st, 2004, 09:48 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a service manual for a 1974 Kawasaki KZ 400? I could really use a wiring diagram of it so I can hot wire it (no keys). I want to see if I can get this thing running before I spend any money on it.

Mr. Turbo
Mon Oct 4th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Kawasaki wants almost $40 for it, so i'd try e-bay first. I may have a spare service manual for the KZ400. I'll have to check. Your other option would be to have a locksmith impression a key for the bike. Tends to be relatively cheap as long as you can bring the bike to them ($20 or so).

mikesf4i
Mon Oct 4th, 2004, 10:14 PM
You mean I can still get one from Kawasaki? Its 30 years old so I never even thought about trying a dealership. The locksmith idea might be cool , I already pulled out the ignition switch. I could still use a wiring diagram though, because the kill switch was super corroded and broke apart when i moved it. So I dont know what else may be corroded and keep it from starting. Is there possibly any place online that might have one? I've tried google etc and havent been able to find one. It did help me identify the bike though.

Thanks for the info !