PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Joe!

DevilsTonic
Wed Jun 25th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Got my new Galfer lines and pads installed tonight. Going into it I didn't have a clue, needed a lot of help. Joe (owner of rebellionmotorsports.com, track safety instructor and just all around good person) that was there to walk me through the entire process, help my weak ass take the stuff apart and explain to me how everything works. Now that I've had my hand held, i will try to do it myself next time....obviously with some close supervision.

I must say I love working on my bike. I also LOVE the fact that i can stop with confidence now.

Obviously any steel braided lines are going to be better than the stock rubber lines. I will post up more information about what I think of them later. I have 2 track days coming up so i'll be able to really put them to the test.

here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Picture from before with stock lines:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/yzfr1grl/Motorcycles/P6210056.jpg

Just another before shot, because i thought my bike looked sexy perched up on the lift before we took it apart:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/yzfr1grl/Motorcycles/P6250058.jpg

Close up shot of the line afterward. I realized that the lil rubber piece (yes you fuckers that's a technical term) that goes between the bracket and the line is out of place in the picture, but i fixed that as soon as i noticed it.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/yzfr1grl/Motorcycles/P6250060.jpg

Deals gap, here i come!!

Aracheon
Wed Jun 25th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Looking good! :D

rybo
Wed Jun 25th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Hey Leah!

Nice work. Good to see you around these parts again. Looking forward to riding with you sometime soonish.

Scott

DevilsTonic
Wed Jun 25th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Scott, come out to IMI saturday the 5th. I'll be out there with a few people! Would love to see you again. It's very nice to be back in these parts.

:D

rybo
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Scott, come out to IMI saturday the 5th. I'll be out there with a few people! Would love to see you again. It's very nice to be back in these parts.

:D

Hey! I'd love to be there, but I'll be at Miller with R2SL that weekend....it's like a supersize IMI with all the trimmings, wanna go? :)

lovinCO
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Nice Leah, steel braided lines make such a difference. Have fun at IMI!

t_jolt
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Man what an ugly bike.... :)

No excuses next time for stopping... :)

DevilsTonic
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Hey! I'd love to be there, but I'll be at Miller with R2SL that weekend....it's like a supersize IMI with all the trimmings, wanna go? :)Can't I'll be at IMI ;)

Thanks Wyeth! I love them already.

Tyrel, Shut your filthy whore mouth, my bike looks like yours only more manly!

t_jolt
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I've told you before, leah, they make surgeries for you, if thats what you really want. Something a little more manly that is... :)

Aracheon
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I've told you before, leah, they make surgeries for you, if thats what you really want. Something a little more manly that is... :)

OoOooOoo. :slap:

t_jolt
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Hey chris, how you been? haven't talked to since that day of the wreck. what you been up too?

Sortarican
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Put SS lines on the R6 about a month ago.
Definitely made a difference, especially on the track.

Didn't bother doing the rear though.
It's only a couple inches long and rarely get's used......
(wait for it...........)

Aracheon
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM
(wait for it...........)

Dana, why are you posting on Jeff's account? :D

rybo
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Dana, why are you posting on Jeff's account? :D

We banned all IP addy's from New York.

BTW +1 for Joe and Rebellion!

Aracheon
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
We banned all IP addy's from New York.

BTW +1 for Joe and Rebellion!

He could be using his Crackberry...

And I see your +1 and raise you one... so +2 for Joe! :)

DevilsTonic
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I've told you before, leah, they make surgeries for you, if thats what you really want. Something a little more manly that is... :)They didn't have em in my size, sadly they've been backordered.

Didn't bother doing the rear though.
(wait for it...........)I didn't do the rear either, though it's feeling left out now.

Sortarican
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I didn't do the rear either, though it's feeling left out now.

I'd be more than happy to do your rear for you.:hump:
(Hey girl, If you're gonna pitch meatballs, I'm gonna swing for the fence.)

This thread has gone downhill quickly.

rybo
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
+1 more for Joe and rebellion...

with products from Galfer, Woodcraft, Performance Friction and Valtermoto you won't be in the rear. (and you'll have a great lap timer from XT to prove it!)

DevilsTonic
Thu Jun 26th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I'll definately be in the rear, because I'll be so fascinated with the new stopping power of my bike that I won't want to go...

Ok well that was a stretch....maybe i can get to the point where I don't care about the brakes and i'm nothin but throttle.

Thanks again Joe! You're alright no matter what people say. ;)

eklew
Fri Jun 27th, 2008, 01:45 AM
That's a nice stand Joe has, wonder how he got it???????