PDA

View Full Version : I need to find a jet kit for my bike

firefghtr
Fri May 23rd, 2003, 09:28 AM
I know you need jet kits for upgrading to after market exhaust systems. But can you put one on before you get an exhaust and what will it do. I looked at dyno jet kits and they did not have any for my bike. YZF-600R . so any experianced knowledge on this would be appreciated. :fire:

Anonymous
Fri May 23rd, 2003, 11:35 AM
You don't *need* a jet kit for an exhaust, but it helps to get the most power out of the upgrade. Also if you're going to jet the bike, wait until after you put the exhaust on, for the same reason - to get the most out of it.

You might call a place like TK Motorsports (# is on the main CSC site, under local shops) and see if they can jet it for you.

DucBloke
Sun May 25th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Get a Stage 1 for just an exhaust. Here's a site on Carb theory that should help you to install it correctly. Follow this and you can't go wrong.

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/jetting/carbs101.pdf

Bryce
Sun May 25th, 2003, 10:55 AM
cal tfog wheelsports in golden their # is 303-216-2400 they shold be able to help you find what you need and will probably have some good tips for you plus they are open 7 days a week

firefghtr
Sun May 25th, 2003, 12:30 PM
thanks for the advise i'll check these out. :fire:

TWISTED
Sun May 25th, 2003, 03:39 PM
A friend of mine went to TFOG for jetting and was real happy with their service.