PDA

View Full Version : Who stood on the podium this past weekend at PMP?

pilot
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Lots of new riders this year. How did everyone do?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Jun 29th, 2008, 10:14 PM
RYBO took second in one of his races. He was flying!

TopTier
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM
pretty good for my first time.
NU - 17
NO - 19
Middle Endurance - 11
AU - can't remember
AO - 25
Sportsman - Finished 1st even with a meatball but DQ'd

98rc46
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 08:48 AM
NU - 17
NO - 19
Middle Endurance - 11
AU - can't remember
AO - 25

Congratulations on timing out of Sportsman. Nice seeing your times drop over the weekend.

Ric

98rc46
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Congratulations to Katie and Sasha on their finishes in LOR/WoW.

Ric

Sortarican
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Here's a few pics from the weekend (mainly Sunday):
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/Sortarican_2112/PMP%20June%2029th/

Was sitting at the start/finish for ROR, 1/2 a bike length at the most between 1st and 2nd.
Jim Wilson had a nice 5th place all to himself.
Dirks laydown was a drag but rider and bike both seemed to come through it better than might be hoped.
Missed his races, but heard our own Slow Jay was laying down some wicked personal lap times.
Mayhem was doing well considering he had to overcome more meatballs than an Italian deli.
In fact, everyone seems to be getting faster as the season goes on.

Great hanging with Dirk, Sue, Jay and seeing a lot of familiar faces.
Enjoyed riding with the folks out there Friday too. (And thanks Earlene.)
Kinda intimidating running with so many #'d riders, but everyone was extremely considerate and cool about passes and such.

Great weekend.

dirkterrell
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Missed his races, but heard our own Slow Jay was laying down some wicked personal lap times.

He's much too classy a guy to gloat about it, so I'll do it for him. :) He turned a 1:40.5 I think it was (maybe .3) at the end of the Novice GTO race. Once he gets turn 7 dialed in, look out. He finished 8th, continuing his streak of top-ten finishes. And he's only going to get better, especially if we can start getting him on fresh rubber instead of worn-out take-offs.

Dirk

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Congratulations to Katie and Sasha on their finishes in LOR/WoW.

Ric

I believe Sasha beat her previous best lap time by 5 seconds this past weekend. :up:

Sortarican
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
He's much too classy a guy to gloat about it, so I'll do it for him....

Ain't that the truth?
The "I'm slow" shpeel would get old coming from anyone else, but he truley is just that humble.

And since Dirk won't toot his own horn either, I will.
You're getting quicker by the lap brother. Now just learn to keep it upright and I predict some top 10's coming your way too.

And just to prove I'll throw salt in the wounds of even my friends....

A fiery Gixer with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty "Oh Shit!"....It's the Dirk Ranger!

dirkterrell
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Now just learn to keep it upright and I predict some top 10's coming your way too.

Yeah, after thinking about what happened and the much appreciated input from Randy who saw it happen up close, I think I finally exceeded the capability of the forks as they are set up (stock). I buried the forks and the front tire started chattering. I don't think I was going fast enough to not have been able to brake and take the turn like I wanted to but I'd certainly like to hear expert opinions on that. It's time to get serious about having Dave really get the suspension set up properly. I'm sure I need heavier springs in the forks.

Dirk

hcr25
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM
All of the CSC novices are doing awesome. The progression you guys are making every weekend gets better and better.
Good job!

dirkterrell
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:54 AM
All of the CSC novices are doing awesome. The progression you guys are making every weekend gets better and better.
Good job!

Looked like you were having a pretty good weekend yourself (well, except for the blown motor...), setting a personal best lap time as I recall. Thanks for the constant encouragement and advice you give to us novices. It really is nice to have that kind of input from you seasoned guys.

Dirk

Sortarican
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 11:03 AM
... I think I finally exceeded the capability of the forks as they are set up (stock)...

You're running stock fork internals?
I'd bet you'll get another 4 seconds just with appropriate springs.
Did mine a couple months back and couldn't beleive the difference.
(We ain't exactly the 145lb riders the factory sets the stock suspension up for, eh?)

Best cheap upgrade I ever made. (Besides the bicycle bell of course.)

dirkterrell
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 11:30 AM
You're running stock fork internals?
I'd bet you'll get another 4 seconds just with appropriate springs.

Yeah, still stock everything. And, yeah, I ain't the typical-weight rider. :)

Dirk

CBRSue
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Had a great weekend at the races! Was great seeing everyone and hanging out with all ya'll! :)

Jay 510 and Dirk 211, you guys did awesome!!! Dirk, you scared me for just a sec with that low side, but you got up and are OK, thank goodness!

The LOR gals are amazing!!! Congrats to all of you!

Was fun watching the CSC racers and was cool seeing other CSCers supporting the sport with corner working and with coming out to watch!

Lookin' forward to the next race!

dirkterrell
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Dirk, you scared me for just a sec with that low side, but you got up and are OK, thank goodness!

Yeah, I gotta quit this Sunday crashing when everyone is out watching. :oops: It probably would have been a cool pass if I had been able to pull it off. Too much watching Rossi at Brothers BBQ. He makes it look too easy. :)

Dirk

Slo
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
The racers with their knowledge and advice they keep giving us newbies is great. Had many great conversations with Chris Weed, Dion, Jason L, and Mike A, so much to learn in such a short amount of time. Even when in race mode and trying to focus and prep themselves/bikes, they still find the time to lend a hand.

As far as CSC non-MRA members, you guys/gals are the best!!! Coming down to watch the races, corner working, and just showing support, constantly giving us newbies more encouragement, you just don't know how much that means to all of us. Being new, at least for myself, I'm nervous as hell before the races. Having others there just talking with us and encouraging us is a big help.

To my teamates and other friends, CSC members, I owe each and every one of you a big Thank You.... I seriously doubt I would be anywhere near the MRA and racing without all you have done to help me out recently and over the past year. I may not always show my appreciation (I'm not the best person to show it), however just know that I am constantly reminding myself about it!!!

Thanks to all of you again, hopefully I can represent the CSC well along with other racers to the public and to the race community.

jplracing
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I believe Sasha beat her previous best lap time by 5 seconds this past weekend. :up:

Actually it was 6+ seconds...:shocked:

Sortarican
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Actually it was 6+ seconds...:shocked:

What's the deal with the Tl Joe?
Looking to expand into the SuperTwins?

GNGSXR
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 05:50 PM
NU - 17
NO - 19
Middle Endurance - 11
AU - can't remember
AO - 25

AHA!!! so you were the one on my ass during the AO race. lol. my tires were giving out on me and i was just waiting for you to fly past me. Some friends of mine got some pretty good video of us battling it out on the last couple laps.

I feel good about my first race weekend as well. Started dead last and ended 23rd in NGTO and finished 24th in AGTO. Set a personal best lap record of 1'41" friday morning.

jplracing
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 07:25 PM
What's the deal with the Tl Joe?
Looking to expand into the SuperTwins?

Actually yes I am strongly thinking of getting off the 600 and racing twins...less crazy bs in twins/mvo then in amU/O.

Unfortunatly, I was due to pick up the TL this weekend, but there were a few problems and decided that the weekend wasn't the time to completly go through the bike....so I gave it back too the owner.

I have to admit the owner was pretty cool about the whole thing and all is not lost, however at this point I am not sure if a deal will come through or not.

Joe

TopTier
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
AHA!!! so you were the one on my ass during the AO race. lol. my tires were giving out on me and i was just waiting for you to fly past me. Some friends of mine got some pretty good video of us battling it out on the last couple laps.

I feel good about my first race weekend as well. Started dead last and ended 23rd in NGTO and finished 24th in AGTO. Set a personal best lap record of 1'41" friday morning.
Yeah that was fun. I was trying to find a way past you but couldn't get it done. I tried to go inside of you a couple of times in T10 but you would just out accelerate me on the straight then I would catch back up in T1. I also tried to dive in on T6 and T9 but still couldn't get it done. It's hard passing a faster bike. Maybe next time I'll get you :) I hit my personal best a 1'41" during the race after I passed the blue R1 to catch back up to you.

cromer611
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Yippy!
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/Sortarican_2112/PMP%20June%2029th/IMG_0705.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/Sortarican_2112/PMP%20June%2029th/IMG_0709.jpg

tl1000riders
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 09:27 PM
The racers with their knowledge and advice they keep giving us newbies is great. Had many great conversations with Chris Weed, Dion, Jason L, and Mike A, so much to learn in such a short amount of time. Even when in race mode and trying to focus and prep themselves/bikes, they still find the time to lend a hand.

As far as CSC non-MRA members, you guys/gals are the best!!! Coming down to watch the races, corner working, and just showing support, constantly giving us newbies more encouragement, you just don't know how much that means to all of us. Being new, at least for myself, I'm nervous as hell before the races. Having others there just talking with us and encouraging us is a big help.

To my teamates and other friends, CSC members, I owe each and every one of you a big Thank You.... I seriously doubt I would be anywhere near the MRA and racing without all you have done to help me out recently and over the past year. I may not always show my appreciation (I'm not the best person to show it), however just know that I am constantly reminding myself about it!!!

Thanks to all of you again, hopefully I can represent the CSC well along with other racers to the public and to the race community.
Hey well a big thanks to you guys too. (Jay, Dirk, Sue, Doug, Rick) We hung out in the pit area with all of you. Even though you were focused on racing. You guys answered every question I had about racing. How to get into racing. I got so much info it was great. Thanks to all of you for being patient with us noobs. Thanks for letting us hang out in your pit area and for inspiring us that don't race....(yet!!):)

GNGSXR
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah that was fun. I was trying to find a way past you but couldn't get it done. I tried to go inside of you a couple of times in T10 but you would just out accelerate me on the straight then I would catch back up in T1. I also tried to dive in on T6 and T9 but still couldn't get it done. It's hard passing a faster bike. Maybe next time I'll get you :) I hit my personal best a 1'41" during the race after I passed the blue R1 to catch back up to you.

i kept looking back at the end of the straight and saw that i had some breathing room so i started to back off in the turns to keep from sliding out on my crap tires. Then i watched the video and saw how close you were in the turns and realized i didnt have as much breathing room as i initially thought:shocked:.
I hit my personal best of a 1'41" too but it was during practice on friday. We should all get together for some track days before the next pueblo race.

-PUCK-
Mon Jun 30th, 2008, 10:29 PM
GNGSXR, I was the guy that ran into you on A Bluffs last week. I saw you on the grid during one of the Am races, but didn't get a chance to talk to you. Looks like you did well this weekend. Good job man.:up:

GNGSXR
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 12:19 AM
GNGSXR, I was the guy that ran into you on A Bluffs last week. I saw you on the grid during one of the Am races, but didn't get a chance to talk to you. Looks like you did well this weekend. Good job man.:up:

were you in the AMO race on sunday?

TopTier
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 08:09 AM
i kept looking back at the end of the straight and saw that i had some breathing room so i started to back off in the turns to keep from sliding out on my crap tires. Then i watched the video and saw how close you were in the turns and realized i didnt have as much breathing room as i initially thought:shocked:.
I hit my personal best of a 1'41" too but it was during practice on friday. We should all get together for some track days before the next pueblo race.

definitely. Just let me know what days you plan on going.

Jayock
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks to Dirk, Doug, and Jay for letting me pit by them, and steal an air gauge for a bit. I had more fun racing this weekend than I have had in a long time.

Man that wreck in T4 was gnarly, especially from about 2 feet away. And Douggie Bobby is too damn fast for his own good, couldn't even let me think I had a chance for a couple of laps.

Jay, you need to start dicing in AmO. You will break that 1:40 time quick if you do, even with stock suspension.

Jayock
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 10:54 AM

T6? Thats a ballsy passing zone.

dirkterrell
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks to Dirk, Doug, and Jay for letting me pit by them, and steal an air gauge for a bit. I had more fun racing this weekend than I have had in a long time.

Anything of ours you ever need is yours. Yeah, I can understand why you had such a good time. Didn't you take second in Open Supersport?

Dirk

Jayock
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 11:18 AM
I wish. Second in AmO.

Slo
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 11:23 AM
Jay, you need to start dicing in AmO. You will break that 1:40 time quick if you do, even with stock suspension.

Yeah, if Dirk decides to race Sportsman in Hastings, then I will sign up for AM-O there, or else it will have to wait until the next Pueblo day. Funny how I am running 1:40's for my best personal time at Hastings and Pueblo.

Congrats on your finish in AM-O though, that's a feat in itself!!!

dirkterrell
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
I wish. Second in AmO.

That's still kick-ass, man! Awesome job!!!

Dirk

TopTier
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM
T6? Thats a ballsy passing zone.
oops typo I meant to type T5

hcr25
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Looked like you were having a pretty good weekend yourself (well, except for the blown motor...), setting a personal best lap time as I recall. Thanks for the constant encouragement and advice you give to us novices. It really is nice to have that kind of input from you seasoned guys.

Dirk

I had an awesome weekend! The motor thing sucks but that was my fault!

I finished 2nd in MW SS behind Ricky Orlando and beat my previous best lap time at Pueblo which was 1:35.8. Chasing Ricky on my Gsxr 600 i did my best of a 1:34.6 and in that race my slowest lap was still better then 1:35.8

I rode Jeff Browns back up R6 and ended up winning MW endurance after Charles Greenwood had bike issues. I think I was under my lap time on his bike as well.

HW endurance i rode my friend Mike Yoders 07 R6 to forth place. I also did a few laps in ROR O on his Ducati 996 for fun.

In ROR U I rode Brian Destaracs 08 ZX6r to 13th place after running of the track in turn one.

All in all i had one of my best weekends of racing. Jumping from bike to bike and being able to do well was alot of fun.

Again congrats to all the new and old CSC racers!

dirkterrell
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM
... ended up winning MW endurance after Charles Greenwood had bike issues. ...

HW endurance i rode my friend Mike Yoders 07 R6 to forth place.

Dude, I have no idea how you ride back-to-back endurance races. I had to lay on the tank for about 5 minutes when I got back from HW endurance. I was wondering why my fastest lap in endurance was the last one and I think I just figured it out: I wanted to get off that damn bike! http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Congrats again on an awesome weekend of riding!

Dirk

-PUCK-
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 06:38 PM
were you in the AMO race on sunday?

Yeah, I was wayyyy in the back on the 13th row 2nd wave. I think I finished 23rd in that one. I think that's when I saw you, weren't you gridded back there too?

Hey, check it out! John caught us in both in one shot......pretty cool. (click link)
http://jwpga.lifepics.com/a/photoshowcase.cfm?albumid=72A911201475E7CE2D7D5722 227D5ACA137788BFE8EA9E2723B0F7759AD0A8FC&photoid=168840658&p=4

GNGSXR
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I was wayyyy in the back on the 13th row 2nd wave. I think I finished 23rd in that one. I think that's when I saw you, weren't you gridded back there too?

Hey, check it out! John caught us in both in one shot......pretty cool. (click link)
http://jwpga.lifepics.com/a/photoshowcase.cfm?albumid=72A911201475E7CE2D7D5722 227D5ACA137788BFE8EA9E2723B0F7759AD0A8FC&photoid=168840658&p=4

i was in the 12th row left side. I knew i was chasing you down on the last 2 laps. my friends got some good video of our last two laps. I was able to get right behind you after the straight away into turn 1 but you kept putting the distance on me in the turns.
that is a pretty cool shot.