PDA

View Full Version : Bike Mechanic - Littleton or South Denver

ninja75
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hi All:

I don't need a mechanic at this time but I just bought a 2004 Ninja 250 and am curious who you use for maintenance and mechanical work in the South Metro Denver area that is reputable and does a good job.

Thanks
Dawn

D Berns R6
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 09:42 PM
I would go to Faster Motosports. They are down in Denver right off 8th and I-25.

travisspeed
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 09:45 PM
I would go to Faster Motosports. Too :)

Bueller
Tue Jul 1st, 2008, 09:47 PM
Do my own, and a lot of the maint. can be done by an average ability owner, for the more difficult stuff a lot of the people here are willing to help out.

McVaaahhh
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:55 AM
Hit up Jim at TFOG Wheelsports.

303-216-2400

UglyDogRacing
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
I would go to Faster Motosports. They are down in Denver right off 8th and I-25.

Dingleberns you're right around the corner from her in Littleton. Why dont you offer to give her a hand if she needs it? ;)

Dawn- there are probably alot of things you dont necessarily need to go to a shop to have done. Just hit up the people on this board that are close by(like Dingle) if you need help with your bike.

D Berns R6
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
:lol: I'm here all week!

Sortarican
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
+1 on TFOG and Faster.
I don't use the dealership service dept.'s but others have had issues with most of them.
Easier to get lost in the crowd at a dealer.
I hate having to do a complete inspection of my bike when it comes out just to make sure they attached everything.
(Though it's not a bad idea to do that regardless of the shop, shit happens.)

The smaller private shops tend to be better to deal with, more of a personal touch IMO.

Hey, aren't we due for another Tech Day soon?
Lota new riders that could benefit from one.
(Plus it's been a year since we've seen Pilot in his Mad Scientist gear.)

Dingleberns you're right around the corner from her in Littleton. Why dont you offer to give her a hand if she needs it? ;)

I think he's a little busy with his own bike right now.

arcatacat
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:23 AM

I'd like to be at something like this.

pilot
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
+1 on TFOG and Faster.
I don't use the dealership service dept.'s but others have had issues with most of them.
Easier to get lost in the crowd at a dealer.
I hate having to do a complete inspection of my bike when it comes out just to make sure they attached everything.
(Though it's not a bad idea to do that regardless of the shop, shit happens.)

The smaller private shops tend to be better to deal with, more of a personal touch IMO.

(Plus it's been a year since we've seen Pilot in his Mad Scientist gear.)

I think he's a little busy with his own bike right now.

That was a good time at Scott's (RYBO's).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40041000/jpg/_40041282_muppet300.jpg

ninja75
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks! Great information! And anytime you have a Tech Day I would definatley love to be a part of a that. :) I'm not a mechanic but I was raised by one so I know some things and would love to know more about bike maintenance.

THANK!