PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Frame Sliders vs Intuitive Frame Sliders??

ImolaFem
Wed Oct 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
I'm looking to buy some frame sliders for my 2001 F4i and I noticed I can either pay around $50 and get Intuitive or pay $22 and get some Delrin no-name Frame Sliders off ebay. I figure since this is going to be a "wear" product it might be better to buy cheaper...if I'm going to buy more than once. But I don't want to sacrifice quality either. So is there a reason I should go for the $50 pair over the $22 pair?

Anonymous
Wed Oct 6th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Not sure if this will influence your decision or not, but I just bought a pair of Shogun Sliders off of Ebay (paid around $20 + $8 shipping). It said they were used by a couple of AMA teams, so I figured they couldn't be that bad. I bought them to replace the Intuitive sliders that were on the bike, and had been through a few crashes.

I got them, and they looked good enough. I went to change them out, and noticed that the wall of the delron "tube" is thinner than that of the Intuitive sliders. I also noticed that the Shogun sliders do not have the metal insert that acts as a buffer between the bolt and the delron. I crashed this past weekend, highside, and the frame slider snapped right off. I'm not very impressed.

:|

Anonymous
Wed Oct 6th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Oh, one more thing - I would also suggest spending the extra few bucks on swingarm sliders - they're only about $30 for the set, but they can save you big $ in repairs (just ask Bulldog!)

ImolaFem
Wed Oct 6th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Well, I went to Performance Cycle today and bought Vortex sliders. And I got my bike tonight! w00t!

KooLaid
Thu Oct 7th, 2004, 04:47 AM
I used Vortex on my F4i, they worked GREAT! The problem was, it's expensive to replace just one slider because you have to buy two. I went to the another option, Vortex. Just have a problem with the amount it sticks out on one side. Being kicked off the comp at work. Will finish later....

ImolaFem
Thu Oct 7th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Yeah I read on cbrworld forums that the Vortexes stick out more on one side than the other. So when I went to Performance Cycle and bought them, the sales guy was like, oh I've never heard anything like that. <shrug> I hope it doesn't look too ghey. But it shouldn't be bad. Maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch more? Do you have any pics?

KooLaid
Fri Oct 8th, 2004, 12:17 PM
I got more than pics, you can see the bike and the sliders for ur self. I live in the springs. Free day today (friday) and all weekend. PM me

Oh and at cbrworld, that was probably me. I used to post TONS of tech info on that board about the F4i. I didn't have a digicam at the time to take pics.

Oh hey! You're Amanda! I knew that screen name was familiar. You went for a ride with a good friend of mine (03 R6 black/red flames). Got rid of the Ninja (wasn't it?) I see.....

ImolaFem
Fri Oct 8th, 2004, 12:54 PM
After talkin to you, I'll prolly return these and get the Intuitives since the Vortex won't stick out as much as the Intuitive does on the "short" side.

hcr25
Fri Oct 8th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I have used intuitive for years.i have crashed twice this past year while racing and did not scratch my bike because of my frame and swing arm sliders.
I am sponsored by Intuitive and have been for years.We are also a dealer for Intuitive products so if you are interested i would be happy to help any way i can.
Also CSC members get 10% off aswell.Mike

HDave
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Hey talongrrl,
I picked up a set of Intuitives after much debate. I read all the posts on cbrworld (as you did) and decided on the tried and tested Intuitives. I got them from http://www.whitebuffaloracing.net/index.htm Mike is a great guy to do business with.

Tools are ordered and on the way too. I am doing the job soon as I have to stay in all weeekend due to the cold weather.

Good luck!

PS: You bought the a great bike! What color?

ImolaFem
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Got the intuitives ordered from Mike finally. I'm assuming they'll be here in a week and then he's gonna do the install on my bike and a friend's. Cutting the plastic makes me a bit nervous =)

hcr25
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 09:51 AM
i will call on monday to confirm when they will be in.thanks again mike