PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

Drift
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:53 PM
I have finally found some photos of the exhaust I have on order (yea...I bought it sight unseen)...

For your enjoyment...

(photos removed...because I am no longer buying the Leo Vince)

Tipys
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
So now instead of sounding like a fan running its gonna be more like a hybid.

And it looks alot better then the stock can too.

dallas
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
My new exhaust came in as well. Isn't this soo exciting?

Hi11Zone
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
odd

Drift
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Well...maybe OKD has inspired me, but I got frustrated with the service I was (or was not) receiving from an Italian company.

I do still think that Leo Vince makes a great product, but I was tired of waiting for it to get to market...I placed the order over three months ago.

I have made phone calls to the company I ordered from (they have agreed to refund my money), and I understand it is not anything of their doing...as well as having called Leo Vince USA direct...and the last answer I was given was MAYBE the exhaust would be in by the end of October...UNSAT!

Well, after reading some of the 250 forums...and doing some research...I have ordered an Area P full system.

So far, I can only rave about Area P and their customer service. Their product was less expensive, and after calling them at 3pm (1500) today they were going to ship the system and I should have it THIS Friday. I also talked to their tech dept and again, can only rave about the service I have received.

If you check out the link I posted, you will see that they make exhausts for many of the bikes we all love.

I have always liked to support the "little guys" when ever I have had a chance, and I would recommend this company (also nice that it is US made!).

http://www.areapnolimits.com/products/Slip-On-Exhaust-Kawasaki-Ninja-250R-2008.php

Bashed
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Drift,
Good for you on the switch.
That is a 20% increase in power don't cha know.:crazy:
Cant wait for the debut. If you need some help
let me know, I've done a couple of full systems
in my day. Hard as it may be to believe.

So now instead of sounding like a fan running its gonna be more like a hybid.

And it looks alot better then the stock can too.

This coming from a guy that has had an exhaust leak
for the last 4 months and does nothing to fix it.
Tipys, you bike sounds like ass, fix your shit!!!
Then you may comment on others exhaust sounds.
Until then zip it.

Tipys
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
I tried to fix it but duct tape only works so long

Mental
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
plus, the fumes make him feel like Jessica Beil is wrapping her arms around him and pressing her chest into his back, begging him to go faster.

But alas, it is only a Kawi and he cannot.

Ninja Nate
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
From the dyno, it looks like great gains throughout the rev range. Congrats on the purchase!

GSXRJOHNNY
Wed Sep 24th, 2008, 09:02 AM
plus, the fumes make him feel like Jessica Beil is wrapping her arms around him and pressing her chest into his back, begging him to go faster.

But alas, it is only a Kawi and he cannot.

what brand of duck tape are you using? I'd like some of those sideaffects from the fumes myself! I have suzuki so I'd go faster to,,,but I have no leaks,,,but bring on those Jessica Beil fumes!!!!

y_merkle
Wed Sep 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Nice! I too like Leo Vince. Put one on my Honda last year and it seems to run much smoother. Of course I had to have the Honda retuned since it came from California. Very Nice Choice Drift!

Drift
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 02:42 PM
At 2:10pm (1410) my new exhaust was about an hour and a half away...at the FedEx depot in Henderson, CO...so I should have it in hand tomorrow!

ChrisCBX
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
At 2:10pm (1410) my new exhaust was about an hour and a half away...at the FedEx depot in Henderson, CO...so I should have it in hand tomorrow! :hump:

From the specs and pix, it looks like its going to be a great exhaust. I'd never heard of Area P before.

On a side note........
I like your avatar.:)

Mental
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 11:53 AM
On a side note........
I like your avatar.:)
Yeah, that lucky/crazy SOB actually rode it a few years ago.

Its OK to hate him.

Drift
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
...the new exhaust is on...she also had an oil change today...talk about one happy little lady! :hump:

ChrisCBX
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah, that lucky/crazy SOB actually rode it a few years ago.

:bow:

It was a long time dream of mine to just be a spectator. Finally did it in '05.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/DSCN1873.jpg

We tried to rent bikes to run 'em on Mad Sunday but couldn't even do that. We will go back some day and one way or another, we'll be riding on Mad Sunday (to those that don't know, this is when the Isle of Man course is open to the public)

(sorry for the small thread jack, let us know what you think of the new exhaust).

Drift
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 12:15 AM
So far I love the new exhaust! The sound is so much better, and the short little ride I took this evening...she feels a little more responsive then with the stock headers/can. Now I just need to take her out and stretch her legs a bit.

I am very impressed with the workmanship from Area P, and their attention to detail with their design and manufacturing...I give it a big "thumbs up"!

Ciao,
Drift