PDA

View Full Version : When to Ride the Wife??

Nerves
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 04:27 AM
So how long had YOU been riding before you decided you could ride 2^ and how long would you recomend for a Newb??

Aracheon
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 05:48 AM
If you need to ask when to ride your wife... :lol: :D

(... ride her whenever she wants. :eyebrows:)

Nerves
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 06:34 AM

Key word being SHE.............all you hubies know what I'm talking about.

jimwallace
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 08:33 AM
:pointlaugh: yeah, i think all us hubbies definitely know what you are talking about.:jerkoff:

Captain Obvious
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 08:46 AM
So how long had YOU been riding before you decided you could ride 2^ and how long would you recomend for a Newb??

I had been "riding" by myself for a couple years before I decided to let my gf try. She had already been riding with some other guy so knew how to do it. I didn't have to convince her, she wanted to. She also rode by herself before as well though.

Once you are confident in your skills, you should try to go on a short ride and see how she likes it, then go for longer rides. But no funny business, if you do some weird stuff on the first or second rides, you might scare her away from riding and then you will have to do it by yourself forever. And that isn't nearly as fun as having her do it with you. GFs are usually willing to be more risky than wives, but at this point, I guess that isn't an option for you. Or is it? :eyebrows:

Matrix
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Riding with a passenger is good way to see how smooth you are as well. If her helmet bumps into the back of yours then its your fault as the driver in most cases. You have to be super smooth with the shifting and bracking.
I would also recommend you give her a small block of instruction if she has never been on the back of a bike before. How to lean with you into the corners (and not move around) and how to get on and off the bike are the big things. I watched a Hardly passenger dump the bike because the driver wasnt ready for her when 'she was ready' to get off.
I personally find riding two up a lot harder because I am concentrating so much on making the ride more enjoyable for her and the extra responsibility that comes with carring a passenger.

elbromisto
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I personally would rather buy my wife a bike and keep mine mono(and she would too). Then again my special exhaust system prohibits passenger pegs anyway.

Nerves
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I personally would rather buy my wife a bike and keep mine mono(and she would too). Then again my special exhaust system prohibits passenger pegs anyway.

Thats the plan, next spring. This season however.................

wankel7
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I have been riding for almost two years and I have been taking my girlfriend out for rides. I slow down a lot from where I normally ride. That isn't so bad because I actually get enjoy the scenery.

She does fine back there and it is amazing how her wiggling around makes the bike move. She really enjoys it though.

She and I did practice panic braking from 40-0. That was interesting to experience and we are both glad we did it. I wanted her to be prepared for it. And I was wondering how the bike would act stopping the extra 110lbs. The amount of front end dive was surprising.

The last quick ride we did was up Lookout Mountain. All of the switchbacks were fun riding two up.

James

Nerves
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 07:13 PM
She does fine back there and it is amazing how her wiggling around makes the bike move. She really enjoys it though.

OMG... What an easy joke. I won't do it.

YZFRydn
Sun Jul 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I've been riding my girlfriend for a while on the back of my bike. It depends on your comfort level and how well you ride. I am more worried about other people on the road endangering us than I am of me doing something stupid. What bike are you on?

DeeStylez
Sun Jul 6th, 2008, 12:06 PM
It takes a bit of work at first. Just make her understand not to make any drastic moves when you corner. Only thing you will notice right off the bat is the take off from first gear. But once you get the hang of it, good times!!! She will want you to take her everywhere on that bike. But dont be a show off and speed around because she will lose her confidence in you. Wish I was still in Denver, out here in a small town called Muskogee, OK it is damm boring. Will be back soon though....... GL

Stuart Little
Sun Jul 6th, 2008, 03:51 PM
OMG... What an easy joke. I won't do it.

Dude this post is filled with them.. for example

She had already been riding with some other guy so knew how to do it. I didn't have to convince her, she wanted to. :eyebrows:

SEE!!! :D

Repsol a095
Sun Jul 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
My wife and I have been riding 2up for the last four years. The best advice I have is to get on a track like IMI where you can practive all kinds of things without the risk of traffic and other things you might find on the street. I would try to get out there during the week so that you wouldn't have to compete with other bikes on the track.

I love riding 2up, and I really miss having her on the back of the bike when she can't ride. The feeling of leaning off the bike together is amazing, and the bond that you build with your rider is really something cool.

highpsi03
Mon Jul 7th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I hate riding people.. The exact reason i took my pegs off and put the cowl on. No more drunk girls asking for rides...

thatmofo
Mon Jul 7th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I have only been riding a little over two months in my life (~4100 miles) and I just gave a friend of mine rides all over town the last couple of days. It's not that bad. Starting is harder, but stopping is where I notice the biggest difference. Make sure you brief your passenger what to do. Any movements on their end will cause the bike to move. The only complaints she had was when I was turning in water one time and the fact that my passenger seat is too hard to ride on. She also said she was screaming "slow down," but I couldn't hear her when she was.

SaShWhO
Mon Jul 7th, 2008, 09:14 AM

yeah---what he said!!.
jk dude.
start slow and get her to feel you and the bike.
she'll either learn to love it or hate it.
the biggest complaint I get from mine is that the vibrations are not as good as on a hog.

Mort82
Mon Jul 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
The nice thing about riding a passenger is that when you are at full lean you can go WOT without fear of bobble or highside. At least on a 600.

Bueller
Mon Jul 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
The nice thing about riding a passenger is that when you are at full lean you can go WOT without fear of bobble or highside. At least on a 600.
Really not the best advice to give a noob, ya think?

I just started riding a friend and I think it is a kick in the ass, I haven't had someone 2 up for years but I like it. Doesn't hurt that she had previous exp. and is very petite :lol:

thatmofo
Tue Jul 8th, 2008, 03:56 AM
One other thing I forgot:

Your manhood is going to get crunched on the tank. That's the only part that sucks.

Mort82
Tue Jul 8th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Really not the best advice to give a noob, ya think?

I just started riding a friend and I think it is a kick in the ass, I haven't had someone 2 up for years but I like it. Doesn't hurt that she had previous exp. and is very petite :lol:

No, not the best advice for a n00b, just stating an observation.

One other thing I forgot:

Your manhood is going to get crunched on the tank. That's the only part that sucks.

Stomp grips.

CatNip
Mon Jul 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I hate riding people.. The exact reason i took my pegs off and put the cowl on. No more drunk girls asking for rides...

Wow, I never thought I would hear a man say that...."Dude, Don't you want to be that mistake?" :hump: