PDA

View Full Version : Excel East on Colfax

HDave
Fri Oct 8th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Ok, so I wont say I wasnt warned, BUT I bought my bike used with 2 years of prepaid service left. So I thought I would use it up.

I had nothing to complain about for the first half dozen trips to this establishment. Then luck ran out... I ran by for an oil change and a set of tires last week. All seamed fine until I noticed a couple scratches and a turn signal drooping. I look closer and the signal looks like a recycled part from the scrap heap and there are some lite scratchs on the right side, as well as obvious marks on the underside of the exhaust. It seams quite obvious they dumped it and werent going to tell me about. F**CKERS!!!

I am going by tomorrow to see what they have to say, but I bet its not much considering what others have said about dispute resolutions there. I'll let you know if they do anything for me.

Time to buy some tools!

See resolution about post below

sprtbkbabe
Fri Oct 8th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Dave-

That was the first shop I went to with my Katana a couple years ago and had issues right away. After my garage looked like Exxon Valdes after the SECOND trip, I decided that the oil seal was too hard for them to see missing on a basic oil change!

Besides going to the Excel classes that the guys put on, I would never step foot in there again. And they are 2.5 miles from the casa.

Sorry 'bout the bike. That sucks!!!!

HDave
Sun Oct 10th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks sprtbkbabe. I found a dent in the muffler today - it's small but they made it :x :x :x

Only I can F'up my bike!!! I sure as hell dont like paying someone else to mess it up for me.

nuts4ninjas
Thu Oct 14th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Any word on what happen when you went back? I've gone over there for maint stuff but in the lobby. Never taken my bike there for service but was thinking of having them install my new tires...guess I won't now

HDave
Thu Oct 14th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I talked to the service manager on the phone and he said he wants to make it right and wants to keep me as a customer. I am going over there on Saturday to show him the bike.

Like I said, up till this, I had no complaints what so ever. The damage is light, but it's there.

I'll post the outcome.

1000RR
Thu Oct 14th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear this happened, Dave. I will be watching this thread with interest...

The fact that they even attempted to send you home with dropped machine without informing you boggles my mind. Then again, It does seem to be par for the course when dealing with Excel.

HDave
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 12:17 PM
So, you have seen the orginal issue.

I finally made it in today to see the service manager - I admit I was upset and nervous too. He was VERY interested in making the situation right. Never denied the drop, never questioned the situation. He asked what I would like to see happen and we discussed options.

Here is what we agreed to;
Scorpion pipe with dent - replaced with new Yoshimura pipe.
Front cowl with scratches - replaced new.
turn signal - replaced new.

All parts are ordered (that is like more than $600 in parts) and will be installed FOC soon as they arrive. Even offered a covered tow if it was snowing.

I am VERY impressed. While the situation was not the best (meaning I wish it never happened). I feel well taken care of and I will continue to use them for service.

Rob, I dont know if you read these - if so - Rob you are one stand up guy!

nuts4ninjas
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 10:46 PM
damn..that seems like a good deal then, glad it work out in the end dave

King Nothing
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 10:48 PM
nice, well done! :up:

HDave
Sat Oct 23rd, 2004, 09:01 AM
they held up their end of the deal, replaced it all - Yosh Pipe, Upper Cowl, and signal FOC. I think that was the right thing to do. BUT, there were loose screws and incorrectly fastened push clips and the like when I got home and looked close at the install. I gave it a once over (checking every screw and fastener) and all is good (now). I would have thought after a screw up that they would have made sure all was rock solid, but I guess expect too much from some people...

After all is said... :|

ROBZ600RR
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 11:22 AM
I want to send a note to customers that have had a bad experience with Excel on east colfax. We have built a brand new state of the art service dept. We offer same day service on sched maint, tires (BUY 1 GET 1 FREE TIRE SPECIAL) and free pick up & delivery for our pre-paid maint customers. If customers have a problem or concern with how our service dept operates I personally want to hear about it. Since I have taken over as the new service manager my goal along with the owners of Excel is to have a service dept that will stand behind what it services. I am easy to work with and will service all types of bikes. I have hired new technicians that are positive and ride themselves. If anyone has questions or comments please drop me a note. Our dyno room will be complete soon and ready for power commander tuning...

ROBZ600RR

hrvstofsrrw
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 01:14 PM
you guys still have that really old fellow in his 50's probally has a beard. Prick tried to sell my girlfriend an o4 r1 for her first bike regardless of her having zero experince. Needless to say she didnt buy it and told him to piss off but that level of caring about your customer is fudged up.

HDave
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 05:19 PM
Hi all: Rob is a good man.

I'll keep going there so long as he is the Service Manager. He stands behind their work. (the loose screws were really not that big a deal...)

Sully
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Hi all: Rob is a good man.

:imwithstupid: