PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get these occassional messages...

~Barn~
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 08:25 AM
... when I try and post a reply, that say "The following errors occured with your post."

And it doesn't give me any actual error to address, it just pops up this little hyperlink that says the word "Okay", and when I click it, my post appears.
:think:

This happens maybe once a week or so, and I can't tell anything in particular that's triggering it. I'm just trying to post everyday text.

dirkterrell
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 08:31 AM
... when I try and post a reply, that say "The following errors occured with your post."

The RIAA is on your tail. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Why do I get these occassional messages...
Because you touch yourself at night

Spiderman
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 09:27 AM
:dunno:

Is anybody else getting this error?

Suki
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM
turn off your monitor for 45 seconds, twirl around, then turn it back on.

Spiderman
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM
or stop touching yourself at night! :lol:

~Barn~
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I guess I'll have to screen-shot it, when it comes up next. I had one this morning, but I didn't think to do it, I just clicked the link "Okay" and posted with no incident.

I am curious though, why it's telling me that my post has an error?
:dunno:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Malware --- Run Spybot S&D

~Barn~
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Malware --- Run Spybot S&D

I don't know, I'm not sure I think so.... It's happens from my work machine and also my home machine, both of which are pretty strictly upkept with anti-mal sweeps. Spybot S&D is actually one that I use at home.

On a more interesting note, so much for my "once a month" estimate. Happened again just now. It looks like a totally integrated message from the forum. Here's a screen capture.

http://www.itsbarn.com/images/data/media/1/error.JPG

Spiderman
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I did a bit of research, and it seems as tho this problem (at least with IE) is/was associated to submitting the reply twice (duplicate post... something about flooding and a redirect not getting picked up by IE). Dunno if this helps or not.

~Barn~
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I wonder if it's because I'm trying to post, w/in a few seconds of having just submitted a post, elsewhere? Hmm.... I'll have to send this and quickly test again.

~Barn~
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Nope.... An attempted instant follow-up was greeted with:

The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 24 seconds.

Spiderman
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
test

edit: I tried double-clicking the "Post Quick Reply" button, but that didn't generate any error at all. :dunno:

Player 2
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 11:42 AM
test confirmation

Mel
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
PEBKAC

Sortarican
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Dana infected you in order to slow you down so he can pass your post count.

Supa77
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Nope.... An attempted instant follow-up was greeted with:

The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 24 seconds.

Post whore!!!!! :lol:

siriuschris
Sun Jul 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Try using something other than Internet Explorer and see what happens.

Chris

Ricky
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Try using something other than Internet Explorer and see what happens.

Chris

Definitely not an IE thing. VB is written for best compatibility with IE. Hard to say why. I've never had anyone complain baout it on our board, and we are runnign the same version. Are you using the quick reply? Or a standard reply?

~Barn~
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Quick reply, almost exclusively.

rforsythe
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 01:55 PM
It's just you. *shrug*

siriuschris
Fri Jul 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Definitely not an IE thing. VB is written for best compatibility with IE. Hard to say why. I've never had anyone complain baout it on our board, and we are runnign the same version.

Whoa...really?
I'll shut up then :)

Chris