PDA

View Full Version : Good luck and safe riding to all at Hastings this weekend!

pilot
Fri Jul 11th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Bummer that several folks can't make it out:(

It does look like nice weather for the turns and twists:)

Best to you all!

Sortarican
Fri Jul 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM
+1
Have fun, be safe, don't wreck, and ride the wheels off the motherf&cker!

Matty
Fri Jul 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM
+1
Have fun, be safe, don't wreck, and ride the wheels off the motherf&cker!
:imwithstupid:

Sean
Fri Jul 11th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Good luck guys and gals!

Wahooman
Sun Jul 13th, 2008, 10:42 PM
IT was a great weekend. Saturday was nice and pleasant...small rain delay but turned out nice. Sunday was HOT...but not too bad. Overall a great weekend for racing, but the rider turnout was very small. So those that were there could really make up some points. More details later.....just got home and time to get some rest. The 6 hour drive 30 minutes after you get off the track really drains ya!

pilot
Sun Jul 13th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the quick update. Looking forward to more.

And congrats to Ric for a first in Sportsman and I believe 11th in NovU--not bad at all for a first time in that race.

rybo
Mon Jul 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Ric looked like he was having a good weekend for sure.

Also Hoopty with great finishes in Modern Vintage U and O, Grant Me Revenge with a 2nd in LOR, Clarkie with the W in ROR.

It was a bit of a small turnout for the Hastings Races. I think the price of fuel is really starting to have it's affect on the travel plans of racers. I know it was considerably more for me to go this time than last, but it was a good time nonetheless.

I was bummed that Ray Ray lost his motor early in the weekend I was really looking forward to battling him in Twins O and U. The weather was great, a little downpour on Saturday, and then cleared up. Sunday was HOT! well into the mid 90s and no real break on the humidity. It was a really good weekend with only a few minor crashes.

Special thanks to our own 64bonnielass for coming out to cheer the racers on! (and wearing the official team spleenless shirt on sunday!)

August 9/10, come to pueblo and see what all the excitement is about! There is no better reality sport than motorcycle racing!

rforsythe
Mon Jul 14th, 2008, 09:24 AM
August 9/10, come to pueblo and see what all the excitement is about! There is no better reality sport than motorcycle racing!

Wish I could! Someone has to drive your bike to VIR though. :p

rybo
Mon Jul 14th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Wish I could! Someone has to drive your bike to VIR though. :p

yeah...sorry about that

Sortarican
Mon Jul 14th, 2008, 10:22 AM
How'd you do in your races Scott?

rybo
Mon Jul 14th, 2008, 11:04 AM
4th in twins 0 (only the big bikes beat me!)

2nd in twins U (turns out that shannon DOES have kryptonite!)

something in AMU but had a couple of OUSTANDING battles going in that race! It was a good weekend.

rforsythe
Tue Jul 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
yeah...sorry about that

Oh it's alright, guess who's bike I'm gonna ride while I'm there. ;)

(That and maybe a piecemeal R1 if I can get it together enough for a 1-up ride by then, I want to open that thing up at sea level... Hopefully it doesn't look like Dara's bike!)

64BonnieLass
Tue Jul 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hey Ralph!!! Scott gave me a Team Spleenless T shirt in exchange for this: http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=173224

I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal between the two of us. Whatcha think? He and Wyeth "promised" to dial it in for me. And I kinda have to trust that really.

I think I'll be spending "quality time" in Scotties garage, that's what I think! :lol:

OMG OMG OMG OMG.....Yep and again....OMG OMG OMG OMG. Whoo hoo and we are off to the races!!!!

Terid
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Hey - thought I would drop by and thank you guys!!! Sasha! Scott, Jim, Joe - had a blast and the advice and comments were VERY useful! Thanks!!!! And Terri, see you again soon - on a bike! (and Shiela - thanks AGAIN for the leathers!)

We MAY try and get down to Pueblo Sunday July 27th - no promises though - may have to pack family up to get them home.

THANKS!!!:yay:

rybo
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Teri,

It was great fun to watch you ride and race this weekend. You made some tremendous improvements and that is always fun to see!

Welcome to the CSC! Hope to see you the 27th

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM
:hibye:Welcome Teri. It was wonderful to meet the family and spend time with you guys.

I hope to see you all soon. http://jimmythesaint.com/banner/VroomVroom.gif