PDA

View Full Version : "No cut" framesliders

BladeRider
Mon Oct 11th, 2004, 01:52 PM
I have the option of getting a set of no cut sliders for my bike which look like they sit on a bracket. I've heard on other messagebaords they don't work as well as the ones that bolt right into the engine mounts because the bracket may incur more damage to the frame and/or engine case. The set I'm looking at are made by GSG Moko. Any experiences or opinions are much appreciated. :)

Thanks!
Tom

1000RR
Mon Oct 11th, 2004, 02:07 PM
I bought the Shogun no-cut sliders for my bike. "Testing" by the 1000rr.net crew indicates the slider itself will break off long before the bracket bends, so slider induced case damage is not an issue.

As far as effectiveness is concerned, it depends on what you are looking for out of a slider. If you want something that will hold up as well as possible during a 60+ mph get-off, the no cuts aren't for you. If you are like me and just want something that will help prevent damage from parking lot accidents or malicious teenagers with too much time on their hands, the no-cuts are well worth the price of admission.