PDA

View Full Version : Installed a SpeedoHealer

Matrix
Sat Jul 12th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Around this time last year I changed my stock gearing to a -1 +2 on my 07 GSXR750 and since that time my speedometer has been off by close to 15%. So after a year of riding with it being off I decided to go ahead and purchase a speedohealer.
Installation was a snap with the hardest part being how to get the plug apart. I used the link on their website for a bike close to mine that provided step by step instructions with pictures.
http://www.speedohealer.com/your_pics/gsxr750_04/tutorial.htm
I used the calculator on their website with my gearing change and I paced my wife at 65 MPH and came up with roughly the same percent off (14.5%). A few clicks later on their website and I had the instructions on how to program it. Paced again and it is near perfect.
The bonus part of the install is that it comes with a button that I ran next to my clutch cable that allows you to see your previous top speed. It displays the time on your speedometer for 5 seconds each time you push it and can be reset by holding it down. Not sure I have a real reason to use it but its cool none the less.
Cost was $109.00 from solomotoparts.com. I would provide pics but the link above and the instructions that come with it are better then I could do anyway. If you have made a gearing change or just want your speedo to be right this is an easy way to fix it.

Joe

pilot
Sat Jul 12th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Another rider used that healer and found the install to be a snap and the correction to be beneficial, too.

fastergixxer
Sat Jul 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM
put one on yeasterday found the bike to be off by 16 %. i figured thats a 16 percent lower speeding ticket