PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads ??

BlueDevil
Fri Oct 18th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Ok I am using stock brake pads on the R1 and I will need a new set by next season. I know many are fans of EBC. But I wanted to get some tips and suggestions. I wont be changing rotors so scratch any pads that need a replacement on rotors. What brands and models do U use and prefer. A nice thing would be a link to a good site with selection and good prices as well. Explain why U use what U do. Thanks in advance for all ideas.

hcr25
Sat Oct 19th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Brake pads are like tires or knee pucks,it all comes down to personal preferance. I have tried all major brands in my 6 years of racing.I curently use EBC HH kit pads on my gsxr 600.for me they bite hard and are very predictable lap after lap.This year i have used the HH Galfer pads and Performance friction pads as well.Both are very good pads but the Galfer seem to fade to quickly and the prefomance friction are a little harsh feeling when fisrt braking, not to mention more expensive. A good local source for EBC brake pads is T-Fog wheelsports in golden.they are the offical EBC track vendor for the MRA races.They also have very good prices,better than any other shop ive seen.The number for T-fog is 303-216-2400 ask for Jim Mike Hard Core Racing MRA #25

BlueDevil
Mon Oct 21st, 2002, 07:18 AM
Its nice to have access to someone that has tried many of these products. Thanks for all the info Mike.

Bryce
Tue Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
I'll agree with mike although I have not tryed the galfers or performance friction I am very happy with EBC's performance and price

Bryce MRA#418