PDA

View Full Version : Larimer Square Dry Cleaners - PROPS!

JustSomeDude
Fri Jul 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I know we do a lot of bitching about shops in here, so I think I have to balance it out by sharing an exceptional experience I had earlier today....

Being back in town for the first time in 3 months, I setup a canyon ride with one of my good riding buddies for 7:30am tomorrow to beat the crowds. While it won't be anything aggressive, I wanted to wear my full leathers (not my textile pants) since I'm feeling a little rusty. I set everything out last night, and realized my new Alpinestars jacket zipper didn't match my Joe Rocket pants. I did some googling when I got to work this morning, and found a dry cleaner downtown that claimed to do "alterations." I got a good vibe from the lady over the phone, so I went with it.

I showed up at her shop in Larimer Square at noon with my, jacket, pants, and zipper piece in hand. The little Asian lady that runs the joint, Suki, was very friendly and jovial, and got everything pinned in place quickly (leaving me the bulk of my lunch hour to enjoy). I discussed the "rush" order issue, and she joked about charging me tons of extra money. I told her I didn't care, I just needed the work done. I picked the pants up at 5:30pm, and while she only wanted to charge me her standard $10 fee, I gave her $15 for the rush.

I got everything home, tried it all on, and realized the zipper piece was put on backwards relative to the pants. DAMMIT! I quickly shot back downtown, and walked in at around 6:10 (she closes at 6:30). She had this horrified look, and shouted "OH NOOOO!" I'm not placing any blame on her since I had gone off the memory of my pants, and it was likely my fault she pinned it on backwards (DOH!). However, right in front of me she razored out the stitches... oriented the zipper correctly... and re-sewed it back into place... all under 15 minutes.

And the kicker was - NO CHARGE! I tried forcing some money on her, but she adamently refused. She only asked that I come back again... and I most certainly will!!!

I don't know if she does leather work, but she was pretty damn handy with the basic textiles, and the zipper flaps inside my jacket. Suki... Larimer Square Dry Cleaners... give her some business!!!!

http://www.yellowbot.com/larimer-square-cleaners-denver-co.html

konichd
Fri Jul 18th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Will she be on www.tittiesfortrack.com?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Jul 18th, 2008, 08:49 PM
...The little Asian lady that runs the joint, Suki, was very friendly and jovial...

Pregnant and all...slaving over a pair of pants for a fellow CSC'r. Wow, Suki is amazing!

JustSomeDude
Fri Jul 18th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Will she be on www.tittiesfortrack.com? (http://www.tittiesfortrack.com?)

it's www.toplessfortrack.com man... get with it! and hell yes she'll be on it!!

:)