PDA

View Full Version : young punk mechanics

MUSHMEAT
Thu Oct 14th, 2004, 09:23 PM
every time i have bought a new bike from a dealership they somehow always screw you after the sale, mainly the service departments. they seem to have young punks working there who don't know much. don't care and never will, why does it seem that most mechanics look 22 yrs old? where are the experienced guys?? with years under there belts??? warranty work is always a fight. the dealership owners are either not there or are hiding in there offices, your return buisness dosen't seem to matter. thank god that most jap bikes are built so well that i don't need to go in for service very often. the japs should do a better job of ensuring that there products are represented by capable and responsible ownership! not some gimp who's daddy was rich and bought a dealership for them. :guns:

King Nothing
Thu Oct 14th, 2004, 09:53 PM
take it to the good guys at TK motorsports.

Anonymous
Fri Oct 15th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Yep. TK is da bomb! :up:

Bertha
Fri Oct 15th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Yeah just take your shit to TK... Brian and Bart will ALWAYS do a good job

snatfinder
Fri Oct 15th, 2004, 12:21 PM
ADMIN EDIT: No flaming allowed!

Slacker
Fri Oct 15th, 2004, 04:11 PM

:pointlaugh: You being bad? :lol:

snatfinder
Fri Oct 15th, 2004, 05:17 PM
but it's not a problem for him to be saying, "the japs need to do a better job...blah blah blah"?
It's one thing to call a bike a jap bike, but to refer to the people as japs is ignorant. (not gonna start the whole racist/prejudiced bs)

my previous message was just stating that fact. and that I thought he smelled like a fine evening in the summer.

El Gato 750R
Fri Oct 15th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I've had good work done at TK and TFOG

Anonymous
Fri Oct 15th, 2004, 07:13 PM
but it's not a problem for him to be saying, "the japs need to do a better job...blah blah blah"?
It's one thing to call a bike a jap bike, but to refer to the people as japs is ignorant. (not gonna start the whole racist/prejudiced bs)

He never said that. He said the japanese manufacturers build bikes well enough that frequent maintenence is not required, fortunately. If anything, this was a slam against the less-reliable MC companies out there (i.e. typically non-japanese). All he said they needed to do better was keep an eye on the shops that represent them here in the states. The "gimp" comment was in reference to ignorant Americans who run the shops.

His negative comments were in relation to the local dealerships, not the "japs" (in reference to the japanese manufacturers). Not everything is a friggen racial conspiracy.

Oh, "it's one thing to call a bike a jap bike" - um they ARE japanese bikes. Just like a Ducati or Aprilia would be an Italian bike, a Harley would be American, and a Triumph would be a British bike.

my previous message was just stating that fact. and that I thought he smelled like a fine evening in the summer.

No, your previous message was a bonafide, flat-out insult. I can smell the BS from here. :roll:

snatfinder
Fri Oct 15th, 2004, 07:21 PM
He never said that.

the japs should do a better job of ensuring that there products are represented by capable and responsible ownership!
really? :roll:
so it's the bikes that he is saying should do a better job of ensuring that THEIR products are represented by capable and responsible ownership? The way I read it, it seemed like he was referring to the people in Japan as the japs and not the bikes in that particular sentence. Oh well.

edit: I'm not trying to say that he's saying the Japanese are doing a poor job of making bikes. I was pointing out the fact that maybe he could have used a better word than Jap, since it typically carries a negative connotation. I could have done without the Summer's Eve remark, my bad.

salsashark
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Oh, "it's one thing to call a bike a jap bike" - um they ARE japanese bikes. Just like a Ducati or Aprilia would be an Italian bike, a Harley would be American, and a Triumph would be a British bike.

If we're referring to Japanese bikes as "jap", then wouldn't that the rest be wop, yank, and limey?

just curious ;)

King Nothing
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Now that is a very good question! Sounds good to me!

Nick_Ninja
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Hummm????????

<snip>a slam against the less-reliable MC companies out there (i.e. typically non-japanese).

Does BMW fall into this category? R1100S??

King Nothing
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 07:43 PM
he owns a BMW, he's too good to talk to us! :lol:

snatfinder
Thu Oct 21st, 2004, 10:58 PM

If we're referring to Japanese bikes as "jap", then wouldn't that the rest be wop, yank, and limey?

just curious ;)
exactly my point... preach on brotha salsashark :bow:

Anonymous
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:45 PM

just curious ;)
exactly my point... preach on brotha salsashark :bow:

There are probably other slang terms used to describe japanese folks. "Jap" isn't over the top in my opinion.

Lighten up people.

MUSHMEAT
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:12 PM
I have the upmost respect for japenese motorcycles, they are fantastic machines, it's just that the local dealerships need to do a better job of dealing with our needs! :D