PDA

View Full Version : motocross/supercross

kosh
Tue Jul 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
anyone ride tracks at all and where do yall go

Buddau
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
We live close to IMI, so when we ride tracks, we ride IMI.

KawZx7R
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
imi for karts and dirtbikes and berthoud but i like berthoud track more than imi

kosh
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
VDR is prolly my fav track here in co

FZRguy
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 11:06 PM
I ride Watkins more than any other track.

http://www.watkinsmotocross.com/ (http://www.watkinsmotocross.com/)

Husky
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 01:04 PM
We rode the Thunder Valley track in Lakewood and it sucks and is expensive, wouldnt recommend it to anyone

kosh
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 01:56 PM
i went to it this year once and it was horrible early in the season but i was hoping it would have gotten better.

I was really hoping it would keep the AMA setup it had, but heard it was changed to what it used to be

Buddau
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Berthoud is the better track. It has more to offer, but I like IMI because it's closer and cheaper than Berthoud. Besides, sometimes I run into CSC members at the cart track.

kosh
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 07:41 PM
where is IMI i might have to make a run there sometime ill come check it out one of these weekends maybe next

FZRguy
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I wouldn’t say Thunder Valley sucks, but not my favorite track. I still ride there for Day in the Dirt events...$10 includes morning ride clinic, lunch and afternoon open riding. They just had one on July 14. BTW, I’ll be at Watkins tomorrow around 1 p.m. if anyone wants to come out.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 08:41 AM
hey, we ride quads and LOVE VDR!!!
We race the harescrambles series that will be starting soon at berthoud.
Stop by and say Hi, Yamaha logo'ed Enclosed trailer but Have Honda's too!!!!
blue and pink YFZ 450
White and blue YFZ 450
CRF 450
XR 650

R1chie
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 11:35 AM
anyone ride tracks at all and where do yall go

If you live in Colorado Springs then Aztec is the closest track. I like it because they vary the track or sometimes even run both tracks. On the weekends it is water and prepped several times during the day. It use to be watered even during the weekdays but because of low turn out they only water and prep on weekends.

Aztec also has wed night races. I like those because it is not a points race, more for fun. They also have the winter combat series and do races in the off season to help keep you in shape. Outside of C.S I like Watkins Berthoud is too far of a drive for me when we have a track in the Springs and I don't care for the promoter and the people who own the track.

RocketBabe923
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I heard Mavericks was good!

They changed the name... anyone know what it is called now?

kosh
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 04:55 PM
yeah rich i ride aztec alot i have been slacking going there lately cause well man hteres more out than aztec i was there alot last year like every other days during the week and every weekend but theres more

i been there a few times this its olympic now
its a dry track but has awesome potential has a large gap double a nice triple whoops 12 hit rythem some nice size tables and a few smaller doubles

it is alot of fun if only i can find out when it gets prepped, its not to often from what i understand and watering it is an act of god.

MAZIN
Wed Jul 30th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Erie, Burthod, and Lakewood every now and then.

MAZIN
Wed Jul 30th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I ride Watkins more than any other track.

http://www.watkinsmotocross.com/ (http://www.watkinsmotocross.com/)

So did they go back to the old managment or what because they use to have a really good track then it went to crap. I hear from a lot of people that its good again.

BlackOakTree
Wed Jul 30th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Thunder Valley (Lakewood) is awesome! $12 Consistently great dirt and very well layed out. I tend to believe if you can ride TV well, you can ride anywhere in our local area well.

IMI (Erie) $10? Very tight track, slower speeds, but a great place to practice turns. Very dry except for Saturday and Sunday mornings when they do track prep. But it's also really cheap (no membership required) and you can watch the sumos on the cart track.

Watkins $10 or $12 seems like it always changes. It's a good track for the price, but not my favorite place to go. It's a great place to learn how to ride outside the fast line.

Berthod not sure on the costs, I only go there for races. However this is in an incredible track. It's usually pretty fast dirt and the jumps are all relatively safe in that the landing zones are forgiving. They really don't have any significant doubles. The place turns to ice like conditions if that clay gets too wet. This includes the parking lot.

FZRguy
Thu Jul 31st, 2008, 08:32 PM
So did they go back to the old managment...

yes

MAZIN
Sun Aug 3rd, 2008, 07:14 AM
Thunder Valley (Lakewood) is awesome! $12 Consistently great dirt and very well layed out. I tend to believe if you can ride TV well, you can ride anywhere in our local area well.

IMI (Erie) $10? Very tight track, slower speeds, but a great place to practice turns. Very dry except for Saturday and Sunday mornings when they do track prep. But it's also really cheap (no membership required) and you can watch the sumos on the cart track.

Watkins $10 or $12 seems like it always changes. It's a good track for the price, but not my favorite place to go. It's a great place to learn how to ride outside the fast line.

Berthod not sure on the costs, I only go there for races. However this is in an incredible track. It's usually pretty fast dirt and the jumps are all relatively safe in that the landing zones are forgiving. They really don't have any significant doubles. The place turns to ice like conditions if that clay gets too wet. This includes the parking lot.

Its $14 w/ $30 season practice card....Pricey