PDA

View Full Version : Newb Ride?

G35CO
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Are we going to have another newb ride this summer?

mastap07
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
id be down to go!!!!

caddygsxr
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
im down:nuke:

J-MAC
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
sounds good to me im still a bit of a newbie myself

XJ600s
Wed Jul 23rd, 2008, 11:29 PM
I'd be interested in going out on a ride with a group of people...mostly been riding on my own in the canyons to improve my turns, braking, and accelerating.

The more north (closer to Boulder) would be better, and on a weekend probably unless its after Aug 8th.

daemon
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 06:29 AM
contact mtnairlover.
i'm sure she would like to set one up.
my schedule is screwy,so it would be hit or miss for me to host it.
if you have "newbish" type route in mind.
post it up.

gtn
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Last Sunday I went with the group that meets at the 120th & I-25 Conoco. The only newb in the group was me. They were very understanding of my slowness. Fantastic ride!

See http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24099 for the players, pictures, and comments.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Sorry fellas, I won't be able to do one again this year. If somebody sets one up I'll try and make it and help out if I can, but my schedule is slammed for most of the rest of the summer.

Cathy (mtnairlover) organized the north side ride this year to meet up with the Denver group so I'm sure she'd be willing to throw down again. Maybe DK (konichd) would be willing to organize the second one. :dunno:

Foolds
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I would be in for a newb ride

nattynoo
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I would be interested in going as long as its a sunday...

SaShWhO
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
how about this sunday in the early morn!!??
I know several very cool runs that are nothing short of spectacular and ok for any skill level so long as we keep the speed at a reasonable rate.
I'm a northie so meeting at conoco at 120th and 25 works well for me and most no co folk.
open for comments and suggestions.
your fellow noob,

Sash

G35CO
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:17 PM
It looks like we have enough people interested in another newb ride this summer. Being a newb myself I cannot lead the group so I hope someone will lead us to the Promised Land :)

As for route I’m thinking to meet at MoCo on Saturday or Sunday and take it from there.

G35CO
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Sorry fellas, I won't be able to do one again this year.
:(

asp_125
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM
This Sunday? Short notice newb ride or want to make it two weeks from now? Aug 10th?

How many you newbs have been to the Haus? By way of Big Thompson Cyn?

XJ600s
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I think I might be up for a Sunday morning ride, though I can't stay out too long, I'm in the process of moving and Sunday is my day off. Is it gonna be canyon carving, twisties, long straight-a-ways, or what? Keep posting details up here and I'll check it up until Saturday night/sunday morning.

I haven't been to MotoHaus yet, or taken Big Thompson Canyon.

mtnairlover
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Organization is the name of the game, boys and girls. Let's get our ducks in a row and come up with something all newbs will enjoy...m'kay?!!!

PM'ing to commence...in 5, 4, 3....

nattynoo
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I think this sunday morning would work for me! Can't stay out all day cuz im moving too. Is it against the rules to bring the bf that rides a harley? He would be SO jealous if I go riding w/o him!

Never been to MotoHaus or BTC?! Down for going new places tho :)

Sean
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I would be more than happy to go out with some people. I don't have a black and white plate in the MRA, but I feel like I've relenquished my noob status (maybe)? Can't this Sunday, a bunch of people will be in Pueblo, but maybe in a week, on the 3rd? The weekend after (9/10) are MRA races, which I want to attend (by all means don't base anything around me though). or go with Sash this sunday, he's great!

We are pretty lucky to be northies, alot of good people always willing to help! Maybe we can get a couple others to lead/sweep? We'll let cathy decide because she kicks ass! (and we all pretty much have to listen to her)

chad23
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM
fun ride would be hwy 7 out of lyons to estes down hwy 34 to loveland, then over to moto haus to BS about the ride. Go early and the traffic will be light(er)
easy route for newbies and fun for nonnewbies
Just a thought

mtnairlover
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
We are pretty lucky to be northies, alot of good people always willing to help! Maybe we can get a couple others to lead/sweep? Does the 3rd work/interest anybody?

Yep, the "true" Northies are great. I've posted up the date for the Long-Ass ride in my other thread though, Sean so you might wanna hold off on confirming the 3rd, as that is the date I'd like to do the NoCo ride.

Anyhoo...working on coordinating efforts is good. Oh, and no rules as to who tags along. It would be great if everyone had a helmet, jacket, gloves and over-the-ankle boots, though.

More of this stuff later...

chad23
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
ps i vote cathy to organize

Sean
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
fun ride would be hwy 7 out of lyons
You've been hanging out with Cathy waaaaaay to much :)

chad23
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:50 PM
You've been hanging out with Cathy waaaaaay to much :)
i cant lie i have been, she has turned me to the dark side
Cathy I will do what ever you say:alien:

chad23
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
It would be great if everyone had a helmet, jacket, gloves and over-the-ankle boots, though.

More of this stuff later...
Would these work

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/cdnabn49/WTFover.jpg

asp_125
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Holy crap, walk away to a meeting and this thread explodes!

I guess I volunteered myself to lead. Ackkk! Prolly kickstands up at 8am Sunday (to beat the heat)?

Stay tuned.

Sean
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Sean so you might wanna hold off on confirming the 3rd, as that is the date I'd like to do the NoCo ride.
fixed :up:

daemon
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM
it's my weekend to work,so i won't be making this one if it happens.

sorry guy's and gals.

Sully
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Cath - when you decide a date on this, would you mind sending me a text or e-mail as I may not see it on here.. thx

daemon
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Cath - when you decide a date on this, would you mind sending me a text or e-mail as I may not see it on here.. thx
slacker!!!!:turtle:

Sean
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:02 PM
No squids please.

mtnairlover
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:02 PM

Will do, Sully.

I still need to see if the other "slackers" want to get together and do this the organized way...:siesta:

blue02celi
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM
lmao
Im glad they put that shaft protection on there

nattynoo
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
just let me know when and where and hopefully it will fit in my schedule!!!

Sully
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:13 PM
No squids please.

So you're not coming then ??? :bananna: :D

chad23
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I cant go my bike broke
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/Paratrooper_/squid1.jpg

mtnairlover
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I cant go my bike broke

:lol:

Whatever...ya squid!;)

asp_125
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Newb ride info to be posted here ->
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24278

XJ600s
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Anyone else find that picture a bit ironic?

He's the only rider in that pic not wearing a helmet or gloves...

Sean
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 04:27 PM
by the laws of nature, it means if you're a squid and your bike will automatically break at any point in time.

Also, he's got a roll cage but no jacket? I was under the impression that plastics were cheaper than skin? wtf?

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Interested but it depends on times, how I'm feeling, whether I can drag the girl along, and, most importantly, tire life since I'm near the end of mine...

bodhizafa
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Looks pretty calm.