PDA

View Full Version : Toy Run

dgoldan
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Anyone have information on when the Annual Children's Hospital Toy Run will be? Trying to plan ahead and see if I need to get the day off work.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Anyone have information on when the Annual Children's Hospital Toy Run will be? Trying to plan ahead and see if I need to get the day off work.

The 19th Annual Toy Run to The Children's Hospital will be held Sunday, December 5, 2004 at 10:00 AM with registration beginning at 8:30 AM. Please do not show up before 8:30 AM. Like last year, the event will not be staged at Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson. Instead, the Toy Run to Children's Hospital will be staged at the Aspen Grove Shopping Center at 7301 South Sante Fe Drive in Littleton.

dgoldan
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Thanks Jeff

BenDover
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 05:28 AM

The 19th Annual Toy Run to The Children's Hospital will be held Sunday, December 5, 2004 at 10:00 AM with registration beginning at 8:30 AM. Please do not show up before 8:30 AM. Like last year, the event will not be staged at Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson. Instead, the Toy Run to Children's Hospital will be staged at the Aspen Grove Shopping Center at 7301 South Sante Fe Drive in Littleton.

It was staged there (Aspen Grove Shopping Center) last year. :wtf:

Tink
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 08:05 AM
could someone clue me in on the toy run? please or a helpful link or something?

Cleveland
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 08:32 AM
could someone clue me in on the toy run? please or a helpful link or something?

What she said...
Can anyone provide a little more info?

Nick_Ninja
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 09:21 AM
http://rmh-d.com/images/events/2004-toy-run-poster.png

You can get the full scoop by clicking on the link below

http://rmh-d.com/toy-run/

This will be the third year that CSC and CFRSR have participated in this event. Located in the documentation provided by Rocky Mountain Harley Davidson, THERE WILL BE NO WAGON DRIVE. However, there will be a donation drive.

** Oh and the information that they provide is cut and paste from years previous --- they used to Q-up at the dealership prior to our involvement.

Cleveland
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 08:47 PM
ah, cool. thanks. that looks like fun, and for a good cause. i'm going to try to make this.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 09:16 PM
ah, cool. thanks. that looks like fun, and for a good cause. i'm going to try to make this.

Cool ain't the word. You'll FREEZE yer arse off ----- but for a good cause. Coffee in the AM and BEER soon after :D

Cleveland
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 10:07 PM
1st round is on me :cheers:

Anonymous
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Yep. You WILL get cold so dress warm! However it's well worth some cold fingers...

Nick_Ninja
Mon Nov 8th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Stock up on yer goodies for the kiddies now. There is a list of things that CHD needs out on the website.

**You might want to buy a good set of winter gloves for your gear collection too :D

(We could only be so lucky if the weather is like this last weekend :up:)

eaheer
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 07:39 AM
I attended this event last year. It was for a worthy cause, and man there were thousands of bikes. A few hundred sportbikes, as well as CSC. Now that I am the president of mHm, we will have our club attend this event as well. If you have never attended this event. It is something you should NOT miss out on. Bring a camera, because you won't believe you eyes on how many bikes our there. Every kind of street bike will be there!
www.m-h-m.com :lol:

Duc'nnit
Thu Nov 18th, 2004, 05:46 AM
With Colorado weather no one knows, but I did this last year and sweated my ass off! Friggin warm... :) I am in for doing this again this year, already have set time aside.

CBRChick
Sat Nov 20th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Anybody have a bike I can borrow for the ride? I would love to participate but I don't have insurance on my bike and it doesn't make sense to get it for the one weekend. Or ... would anyone mind having a passenger?

~Barn~
Sun Nov 21st, 2004, 07:57 PM
I wish I had a backup rig to loan ya, Christine. God knows I've played the "can I borrow a bike" card a few times. :lol:

Lemme know if you don't get something, and I'll put the rear-pegs back on Britney for ya.

Bueller
Sun Nov 21st, 2004, 09:08 PM
I think I got her covered if she wants to ride the SV, I just gotta get it in gear and get tires mounted. :D

Mel
Sun Nov 21st, 2004, 10:02 PM
You can always ride on the back with me...just let me know so that I can bring the seat instead of the rear cowling. This goes for anyone who wants to ride with me (if anyone has a friend who wants to tag along or something)!

towneh
Fri Nov 26th, 2004, 01:04 PM
greetins'
registered today. wearing a nice pin on the left side instead of the armband. look for the bus (over 20k miles in a year)
cheers,
hay' henry :shock:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Nov 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM
greetins'
registered today. wearing a nice pin on the left side instead of the armband. look for the bus (over 20k miles in a year)
cheers,

It's been a long time ---- like six months I'd say. How many pages of chatter did you have to read through??? 40 ---- 45??

W1LL
Sat Nov 27th, 2004, 01:30 AM
i am oing to show my id on saturday, so yeah me and the 05 gixxer will be there, god i pray its going to be warmer at least the mid 50's??? :roll:

anyone from the springs rolling up so i got someone to ride with, hate riding alone :x

towneh
Sat Nov 27th, 2004, 07:12 AM
greetins'
cheers,

It's been a long time ---- like six months I'd say. How many pages of chatter did you have to read through??? 40 ---- 45??

yep, that would be about right.... i kept to the important items like events and trip/tours :lol: harry and i signed up at RMHD while looking at the two-wheeled toys. ;)

dgoldan
Mon Dec 6th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Maybe someone should have a polite word with reporter Abigail Chin.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2578864,00.html#

sprtbkbabe
Mon Dec 6th, 2004, 08:27 AM
"Nearly 12,000 bikers representing Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson and their owners group delivered the toys after riding from the Aspen Grove Shopping Center in Littleton as part of the 19th annual Toy Run and Bear Drive."

BS!!!! :bs: There WERE NOT just Harley's there. She's a dumbass!!!!

asp_125
Mon Dec 6th, 2004, 08:39 AM
.. oh well what can you do with non-riders .. anything brightly colored is a crotch rocket and anything black and chrome is a Harley..

Fox news :321: reported the same way.

"nearly 8000 Harleys, 3467 metrics, 438 tourers, 400 sportbikes, 50 naked standards, a dual sport or two, and a partridge in a pear tree, delivered the toys.... " :P

It's the thought that counts, I'm sure the kids didn't care.

Bueller
Mon Dec 6th, 2004, 04:48 PM
We ccomplished what we set out to do, so what if we don't get recognition for the type of bikes we did it on. Hell my own wife really doesn't know the difference nor does she give a shit :lol: (she just knows she won't ride on the back :D ).
It was the biggest sea of motorcycles I and most others have ever seen. I think we should just be proud to have made a positive contribution from the general 2 wheeled community.

T-byrd
Mon Dec 6th, 2004, 04:52 PM
We ccomplished what we set out to do, so what if we don't get recognition for the type of bikes we did it on. Hell my own wife really doesn't know the difference nor does she give a shit :lol: (she just knows she won't ride on the back :D ).
It was the biggest sea of motorcycles I and most others have ever seen. I think we should just be proud to have made a positive contribution from the general 2 wheeled community.

Well said. I know I don't do it for the recognition, I do it to get the warm fuzzies. :D

Tanya

Boy Scout
Mon Dec 6th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I agree that recognition is not what participating in the toy run is all about, however several media outlets (e.g., the Denver Post and Fox are two that I have seen) reported that participants represented RMHD and its associated HOG chapter and/or gave the impression that all participants were HD riders, which is simply not accurate. Had they used something generic like "motorcycling community" you probably wouldn't be reading these posts right now. Instead, both the Denver Post and Fox reported the event in such a way that people, participants in particular, could feel as though they have been excluded as participants and contributors to the cause. Not only have sportbikes received the negative publicity regarding stunting, they were unnecessarily excluded, along with all other non-HD riders, as having been participants in a positive event such as the toy run.

While I couldn't care less about receiving recognition for participating, I do become mildly irritated by stories that are done hastily and inaccurately just so they can say they covered the story. You're probably right that most people don't know the difference and couldn't care less. Even so, it seems to me that it would have been far more impressive of a story had Fox (or any other visual media outlet) included footage of the sea of bikes at Aspen Grove, the continuous rumble in the parking lot as we left, all the people along the way waving and holding up signs of appreciation, and the miles upon miles of bikes in route to TCH rather than just 10 seconds or so of looping footage at TCH. Everything that I've seen thus far was a pretty lame effort at covering the story in my book.

Here is a copy of an email I sent to Abigail this morning.

While your coverage of the Toy Run to The Children's Hospital in today's Denver Post is greatly appreciated, I would like to point out that this is not a Harley-Davidson-only event. While Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson and their associated Harley Owners Group (HOG) chapter sponsor this event each year, the event is not limited to Harley-Davidson owners/riders, nor does everyone on the ride represent Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson or their owner's group as your article stated. This event is and has been open to all motorcycle riders representing many different organizations and riding many different makes and models of motorcycles including Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph, Ducati, Aprilia, Indian, and others. While recognition is not the reason non-Harley-Davidson owners participate in events such as this, I think it is important that you and others in the media recognize and accurately report that this event encompasses much more than a single manufacturer/dealership and its customers. While this may seem like a small detail to you, without the participation of thousands of others in the motorcycling community, whose participation and contribution you have specifically excluded in your article, this event would not be nearly as impressive as it is today.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Dec 7th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Well said NH :up:

~Barn~
Tue Dec 7th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Hell yeah Nate. *Very* well written!

Anonymous
Wed Dec 8th, 2004, 01:47 AM
:imwithstupid: 's