PDA

View Full Version : CSC late summer newb ride

asp_125
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:48 PM
OK.. planning time, routes are being worked on. But mark your calendars.
Sunday August 10th

I think there'll be two rides again, one starting north, one south, meeting up 1/2 way in between. I'll try not to repeat the same route as much as possible.

NoCo start time and place:

Start: meet-up at 8:30 - pre-ride at 8:45, kick-stands up at 9:00
Place: Lyons Diamond Shamrock
4206 UTE HIGHWAY

South start time and place:
Time: 8:30 a.m. - pre-ride at 8:45, kick-stands up at 9:00
Place: Morrison Conoco
C470 & Morrison Rd.

For the folks in Boulder/Thornton, there is a third start point (and earlier start time). See this thread:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24425

Leads/sweeps (thx Cathy)

Devaclis = lead (maybe)
Sweetie Pie = lead or sweep (maybe)
REPSOLSASH = sweep
200sr20 = sweep
MetaLord 9 = lead or sweep
Matty = lead or sweep

The ~2hr "official" ride will meet up in Nederland around lunchtime, at which point folks can either go home their own ways, or grab lunch up there. There's a great Himalayan/indian buffet at the Kahtmandu, as well as local pizzas and burgers. Then if anyone wants to, they can join us for an extended ride either north or south later back to the start point.

Just to remind everybody, this isn't going to be a speed ride. We'll be riding "the pace" near the posted limit like last time.

Also like last time, Mcvaaahhh said it so well: "Anybody is welcome to join in on this ride, but I'm going to say this several times between now and then. THIS IS A SLOW-PACED RIDE. If you simply can't handle going at or below the speed limit this ride is NOT for you. There will not be slow/medium/fast groups on this ride. All groups will be at a slow pace. Remember the purpose of the ride.

Gear is required! At the minimum you need helmet, jacket and gloves. (shoes and pants would be a good idea, unless you like flashing it) If you show up with your helmet strapped to the tail of your bike I'm going to ask you to skip this ride. :squid:"
Get to the meeting points with plenty of time to gas up, hit the restroom etc. We won't hold up the group for the few stragglers not ready.

mtnairlover
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Very cool. People who are experienced are welcome to join us. I've already got one sorta newb offering up to act as sweep.

Let us know what you'd like to do, or if you're just a newb, then just show up.:)

asp_125
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Question:
One big assed ride? Northies ride? Southies? I don't want to repeat last time's route.

G35CO
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Cool, will it start from MoCo?

SaShWhO
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 04:52 PM
August 10th sounds great.
Plenty of time to gather the forces and plan a great ride.
I will be heading out this sunday morning as well if anyone is interested.
Meet at Conoco in Thornton (120th and 25) at 7am-kickstands up 7:30 sharp.
From there we ride into Boulder and often pick up the republic squids-jk.
Up Boulder canyon into Nederland--down the glorious 7 into Lyons--up 36 into Estes for Lunch and finally down 34 into Loveland and home.
This is a ca. 5hr ride with water/foto breaks and all.

Hope to see some of you then for a taste of things to come.

Foolds
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 05:01 PM
You know Sash some of us like our sleep! This kick stands up at 7:30 am stuff just kills me.

SaShWhO
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I too like my sleep, though, there is alot to be said riding in 70-80 degree weather as opposed to 100.
The later, the hotter.
This way you also have some time left in the day afterwards to do other things if needed.

Devaclis
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I can lead a group if you like. I also have sweetie Pie who can lead or sweep

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 05:19 PM
If it's the 10th I can swing it provided I can re-tire the bike by then. Depending on the route I can lead or at least sweep

mauser72
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Im down to meet some of you folks, sounds like it should be a pretty good ride Im in.

arcatacat
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 09:24 PM
No can do Sundays.

:(

Supa77
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I will try and make it.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I'll be there as the token Harley rider.

Player 2
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
You know Sash some of us like our sleep! This kick stands up at 7:30 am stuff just kills me.
Priorities man... if sleep is more important to you then don't show up :p

I used party til 5am and show up for 7am rides... just have to get your priorities straight (don't get me wrong, I'm rarely out of bed before Noon :lol:)

SaShWhO
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Priorities man... if sleep is more important to you then don't show up :p

I used party til 5am and show up for 7am rides... just have to get your priorities straight (don't get me wrong, I'm rarely out of bed before Noon :lol:)

yeah--what he said

hail to the player!

wish i could join u (and devilstonic) for track days but i'm crazy booked.

tell her i said hello!!!

Player 2
Thu Jul 24th, 2008, 11:45 PM
wish i could join u (and devilstonic) for track days but i'm crazy booked.

tell her i said hello!!!
Yeah, I'm kinda bitter you're not coming :scream1:

I will for sure... if I can remember to :lol:

200sr20
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Me and the Orange Demon are in.

inkahootz
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 10:26 AM
IM IN! sounds like fun!

see ya guys on the 10th

rybo
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 10:41 AM
MRA is racing that weekend, so I'm out...Sorry guys (and gals)

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
You'll just have to join us on another ride then, Scott.

asp_125
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I've updated the top post in this thread. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=332347&postcount=1

We need some folks willing to ride lead or sweep now. PM me or Cathy.

G35CO
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I'm in

Foolds
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I'm In

SaShWhO
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I've been appointed to sweep! hoooraaaa!:turtle:

200sr20
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'm ok with sweeping, I'm a horrible leader though.
I have issues with leaving people behind when I'm in front.

nattynoo
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Sounds great, Im in!

MetaLord 9
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Gonna have new tires woohoo! So depending on the route, I'll be able to lead, otherwise I'll def be able to sweep if you guys need it. Otherwise I'll just bob along in the pack

Wickid@$$Clown
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Im in too....

WC

gtn
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I've been appointed to sweep! hoooraaaa!:turtle:

If it'll make you feel better I can ride just ahead of you so that you can critique my riding at the stops. :scramble:

Clovis
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I'm more then likely in - I haven't ridden in a few weeks now since my big ticket (haven't felt like going out, it bummed me out).

All though MoCO is north for us SOCO folks :)

-Clovis

pr0f1tslay3r
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I'm in if I can get my rear caliper back together in time

prakarp
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 06:16 PM
August 10th sounds great.
Plenty of time to gather the forces and plan a great ride.
I will be heading out this sunday morning as well if anyone is interested.
Meet at Conoco in Thornton (120th and 25) at 7am-kickstands up 7:30 sharp.
From there we ride into Boulder and often pick up the republic squids-jk.
Up Boulder canyon into Nederland--down the glorious 7 into Lyons--up 36 into Estes for Lunch and finally down 34 into Loveland and home.
This is a ca. 5hr ride with water/foto breaks and all.

Hope to see some of you then for a taste of things to come.

Perhaps I'll give this one a shot as my maiden voyage with CSC riders ... and then take Aug 10th as round 2!!

asp_125
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Just to remind everybody, this isn't going to be a speed ride. We'll be riding "the pace" near the posted limit like last time.

Also like last time, Mcvaaahhh said it so well: "Anybody is welcome to join in on this ride, but I'm going to say this several times between now and then. THIS IS A SLOW-PACED RIDE. If you simply can't handle going at or below the speed limit this ride is NOT for you. There will not be slow/medium/fast groups on this ride. All groups will be at a slow pace. Remember the purpose of the ride.

Gear is required! At the minimum you need helmet, jacket and gloves. (shoes and pants would be a good idea, unless you like flashing it) If you show up with your helmet strapped to the tail of your bike I'm going to ask you to skip this ride. :squid:"
Get to the meeting points with plenty of time to gas up, hit the restroom etc. We won't hold up the group for the few stragglers not ready.

Should be fun, probably won't be as big a group as last time (?) - Just in case, I might need a couple more riders willing to lead or sweep for both Cathy or myself.

mtnairlover
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Here's a list of people for sweeping/leading up to this point:

Devaclis = lead
Sweetie Pie = lead or sweep
REPSOLSASH = sweep
200sr20 = sweep
MetaLord 9 = lead or sweep

If I haven't mentioned your name in this list and you would like to volunteer in any way, please let us know.

Jeff will post these names in the first post as well.

Matty
Mon Jul 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Kathy..... you know i'm down... i can lead with Dana or sweep with Chris... whatever works!

let me know.

mauser72
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I can sweep if needed, if this is a slow ride I shouldnt be leading (prob. would end up going too fast and not know it) but if you need more people in the back let me know.

SiouxBe
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I'm in for the Sunday Aug. 10th ride. 1st ride with U peeps...does this mean I'm
gonna be a nOOb?
I would like to check out the MoCo coffee shop sometime.

SumoWeezle
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Cathy,

count me in. I can sweep or lead, whatever you need. I'll be starting with Sash in Thornton as well.

mtnairlover
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Cool, I may make a start of route change for you guys, so make sure you watch for changes to the first post for the Northern meet-up spot.

asp_125
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 01:20 PM
See first post for a change to the "northern" start location.

Devaclis
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
It is unfortunate but I will not be able to make this ride. Sorry for pulling out but it is not possible at this time. I hope you guys all have a fun, safe ride. Take some pics!!!!

GrlRdr
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'm in. I should probably "RSVP" for Brandy, also, since she never posts on here...

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 03:19 PM
It is unfortunate but I will not be able to make this ride. Sorry for pulling out but it is not possible at this time. I hope you guys all have a fun, safe ride. Take some pics!!!!
Being as her posts tend to be infrequent, will Sweetie Pie be withdrawing from the ride too?

Devaclis
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I am not sure. This ride is bright and early after a night that we are planning on being out very late for. Leading new riders while very tired and hungover would be pretty irresponsible. If, for some reason, we get home early, we may still do this.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 03:35 PM
that's why Imma sweepe!

Sully
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
immamebbee

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 03:44 PM
^^wow, I didn't know you could ride the speed limit!

Sully
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
:cry: I know.. I'm such a slow poke :turtle: It's really hard for me to keep up, but I'll do my bestest!!

asp_125
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 03:56 PM
:cry: I know.. I'm such a slow poke :turtle: It's really hard for me to keep up, but I'll do my bestest!!

Sully can ride sweep. As in, how bout riding ahead and sweep .. for cops... :eyebrows: :D

Sully
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
:shocked: I won't be playing rabbit !!! :no:.. lol

Matty
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 05:01 PM
:shocked: I won't be playing rabbit !!! :no:.. lol
i feel you.... trust me!

asp_125
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 05:07 PM
OK so the route is almost finalized. For the MoCo group, there will be a short section of multi lane 55mph, any n00bs not comfy with that?

Horsman
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Wooo Hooo - time to lead again with the Vespa!!!! I'm In!!!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/vespa_gts_02.jpg

asp_125
Tue Jul 29th, 2008, 09:39 PM
If you want to lead with the Vespa that's cool.

It looks like there'll be a group from north-central meeting Cathy in Lyons, awesome! I've updated the first post.

Wahh12
Wed Jul 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I'm in. Been out of town a lot this season, but I'm ready to get back to it. I can sweep if needed.

SiouxBe
Thu Jul 31st, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hi another Boulder nOOb here that will be meeting y'all
@ the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons Sunday the 10th.
This should be fun meeting and ridin' w/ everyone.

prakarp
Thu Jul 31st, 2008, 07:08 PM
MRA is racing that weekend, so I'm out...Sorry guys (and gals)

Well at least you're doing your speed riding in the safety of a closed course! :)

YZFRydn
Thu Jul 31st, 2008, 07:35 PM
I can play Guinea Pig out front. I might be staying the night in Glenwood Springs so we'll see if I can roll out with the NorCo people.

highpsi03
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 01:49 PM
I'll be there.. Hopefully some of the knoobs will get rid of their chicken strips ;)

Sean
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM
I'll be there.. Hopefully some of the knoobs will get rid of their chicken strips ;)
Not that kind of ride. It's slow, speed limit to 5/10 over. More to get a little more used to canyon riding.

I may be in, doesn't look like I'll be able to sneak away for the whole weekend to Pueblo. If so I can lead/sweep.

highpsi03
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
Not that kind of ride. It's slow, speed limit to 5/10 over. More to get a little more used to canyon riding.

I may be in, doesn't look like I'll be able to sneak away for the whole weekend to Pueblo. If so I can lead/sweep.
O it wont be like our ride last night? :hump: Lol.

will-t
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm in, but I'll point out that I'm exceptionally :turtle: so if you need another sweep, or more realistically someone to sweep the sweeps, I'm your guy.

highpsi03
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'm in, but I'll point out that I'm exceptionally :turtle: so if you need another sweep, or more realistically someone to sweep the sweeps, I'm your guy.
Usually the faster guys speed behind to make sure that everyone is ok.. So being the :turtle: you are you need to be in the front to mid ;)

will-t
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM
Usually the faster guys speed behind to make sure that everyone is ok.. So being the :turtle: you are you need to be in the front to mid ;)

There's really no point having anyone behind me, unless they want to be really bored.

I make a great caboose. When I pull in, it's a great indication that no one is back on the road behind me.

MetaLord 9
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
We'll work out the sweeps & leads when we start up. There will probably be a fast group, a medium group (maybe faster folks new to colorado & the CSC), and then a slow group of folks newer to canyons and newer to riding (probably a year or less). If you wanna go fast there's a group for you, if you wanna kill some chx strips there's probby a group for you. The focus, tho, will be on the newer folks & getting them used canyons and group riding. So if you want to go fast, please do not volunteer to ride sweep as you'll only get frustrated.

pr0f1tslay3r
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 06:01 PM
There's really no point having anyone behind me, unless they want to be really bored.

I make a great caboose. When I pull in, it's a great indication that no one is back on the road behind me.

Lol...ok we get it hahaha, what are you riding anyway

asp_125
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 06:34 PM
We'll work out the sweeps & leads when we start up. There will probably be a fast group, a medium group (maybe faster folks new to colorado & the CSC), and then a slow group of folks newer to canyons and newer to riding (probably a year or less). If you wanna go fast there's a group for you, if you wanna kill some chx strips there's probby a group for you. The focus, tho, will be on the newer folks & getting them used canyons and group riding. So if you want to go fast, please do not volunteer to ride sweep as you'll only get frustrated.

Please read the first post in this thread, Cathy and I will be focusing the ride on the newer folks. If you want to ride faster go on ahead in your own group, and meet up with us in Nederland. The n00b ride will be slow. kthxbye

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Aug 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
Please read the first post in this thread, Cathy and I will be focusing the ride on the newer folks. If you want to ride faster go on ahead in your own group, and meet up with us in Nederland. The n00b ride will be slow. kthxbye

Hey Jeff. My new place is equally far from both starting points. I think I may just head straight to Nederland--spiritedly--via CC or GG and do a post n00b ride with you after we have some Kathmandu lunch buffet.

mtnairlover
Mon Aug 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Counting down to the newb ride and thought I'd share something with everyone...actually, what I found isn't hard to find at all, since it's a link on this website. But, unless you are looking, you'd never know it was there.

Wanna know some things before joining us on the newb ride, or just want a quick refresher...or, maybe you haven't read "The Pace" or it's been a long time since you have read it? Either way, click the link (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/rules.html) and check out the rules and then read "The Pace" if you are curious.

We'll cover all this stuff before we ride on Sunday, but it's a good heads-up.

See ya.:)

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 4th, 2008, 09:00 AM
kinda the point I was making...

asp_125
Mon Aug 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM
:bananna::multi: SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!! I'll be at MoCo - Look for me with the flat black Duc. There's 3 different start points so I hope at least a couple of you lead/sweep volunteers will be at MoCo.

I think everyone who volunteered have been PM'd the route. Lemme know if you did not get the link. (subject to minor last minute revisions on the day of)

Sounds like a big group heading out of Lyons. Let'see if the MoCo group can match.

-Jeff

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I'll be at Moco

SumoWeezle
Mon Aug 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
One thing that I would like to point out to those newer folks that want to be a sweep because they do not want to hold up the group..

the sweep function of a group ride is to watch all those in front and to make sure that if something does happen to help that person out. It is definately not the position you want to be in if you are new to group riding. Ideally when there are large group rides, the sweeps and leads are in communication with two way radios so that they can keep each other informed.

So with that being said, like Cathy and Jeff are pointing out, the entire reason for this ride is to get newer folks used to riding in a group. Dont worry about going too slow or holding us up. We are there to help you guys out! :)

Matty
Mon Aug 4th, 2008, 10:53 AM
the sweep function of a group ride is to watch all those in front and to make sure that if something does happen to help that person out. It is definately not the position you want to be in if you are new to group riding. Ideally when there are large group rides, the sweeps and leads are in communication with two way radios so that they can keep each other informed.

:imwithstupid:

Like i said before i got no problem riding SWEEP!!!

You shouldn't be able to miss my Black Gixxer with Neon Green Wheels.

Matty
Mon Aug 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
fuck it.... if everyone wants to ride Sweep, i can Lead or ride in the middle somewhere.

just out lending a hand to those less experienced.

MaddMatt
Mon Aug 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM
had to trade my cbrs due to medical/legal problems (thanks again jim...still owe you lunch @ least) but i'll be glad to sweep on my dr650 from moco until my back gives out...old matt

TripleThreat
Tue Aug 5th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Bummed I can't make it. I'd like to get on one of these rides so I can meet some new people.

asp_125
Tue Aug 5th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Bummed I can't make it. I'd like to get on one of these rides so I can meet some new people.

You don't have to wait till these rides, just post up for anyone in your area who wants to do a slower paced ride. Or show up at one of the weekly gatherings.

usmcab35
Tue Aug 5th, 2008, 02:39 PM

better get on it, the riding season is going fast.... there are rides almost daily with us north metro guys... :hump:

arata954
Tue Aug 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM
i would have been able to make it, but sister is flying out at 1130 to go back home from visiting me. guess its the next time. but hey if anyone is doing a bike night anytime from now until the 21st text me from my sig and let me know when ad where. i'll be there is if i can. :) im going to try for the highlands ranch one tonight

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I have a chatter box and can lead or sweep or whatever.
see you guys at 7 A.M. at thorton conoco
what channel is everyone going to be on?

blue02celi
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 11:39 AM

always the early bird huh

arcatacat
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 11:50 AM

4206 UTE HIGHWAY

Don't go to the wrong place!

SumoWeezle
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 12:25 PM

4206 UTE HIGHWAY

Don't go to the wrong place!

the thornton area folks are meeting at the Conoco on I-25 and 120th: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24425

just an FYI. We'll be riding from there through Boulder and meet up with Cathy in Lyons.

more northern folks are meeting up in Lyons. You're welcome to pick whichever start location you want to use.

arcatacat
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Cool. Just wanted to make sure everyone was informed.

:)

ghost-whiner
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I just figured I'd be sweep by proxy :D

Devaclis
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM

There will STILL be groups based on experience. This happens at every ride. if you do not break them down and organize correctly the ride will be dangerous/boring/no fun/pointless (you choose 1 or 4 of these)

asp_125
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
There will STILL be groups based on experience. This happens at every ride. if you do not break them down and organize correctly the ride will be dangerous/boring/no fun/pointless (you choose 1 or 4 of these)

No worries, I think we have enough volunteers to ensure a fun time for all.

usmcab35
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 04:26 PM
it will be a good time for sure... im sure that us conoco guys will know a little bit about how each rides by the time we get to the diamond shamrock. either way im sure there will be some stops here and there, so you can adjust then if needed. we dont need any crazies doing a pass to faceplant... see ya all there....

Horsman
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
This ride will be dangerous/boring/no fun/pointless :shocked:
DANA!!!!

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
the thornton area folks are meeting at the Conoco on I-25 and 120th: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24425

just an FYI. We'll be riding from there through Boulder and meet up with Cathy in Nederland.

more northern folks are meeting up in Lyons. You're welcome to pick whichever start location you want to use.

So there are three starting points now? Will the Thornton group be headed directly to Nederland or going through Lyons or Morrison?

asp_125
Wed Aug 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
So there are three starting points now? Will the Thornton group be headed directly to Nederland or going through Lyons or Morrison?

From what I've read, Sash is leading the Thorton group to meet up with Cathy's group at the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons and then up to Estes before coming back to Nederland.

I updated the first post.

ultracyber
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Im in.
Illl be at MOCO at 8:29

Spinalhaven
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
crap, have to be in at work early. would have been fun.

brucehitchcock
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Nice, I'm in.

DARK ANGEL
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 10:13 PM
im in barring any callouts.... i will have to hop off at lyons though..

green_zx7r
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Might join in on the NoCo side. Will try to be at the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons by 8:30-8:40am.

Yusuke

Suey
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Sounds like fun, I might just tag along at the Morrison location.

FZ1Guy
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Sounds like fun... I'll be there at the MoCo location. Probably run more near the front, so I can have some fun!!! :rock:

DevilsTonic
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Well my son just decided that he does want to go ride on the bike tomorrow so i may meet up with you thornton people. We'll see if he's williing to get up at the butt crack of dawn. :)

gtn
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Well my son just decided that he does want to go ride on the bike tomorrow so i may meet up with you thornton people. We'll see if he's williing to get up at the butt crack of dawn. :)

The butt crack of dawn? Well... let's see... it seems that sunrise tomorrow is 6:07. We're meeting at 7:00 and kickstands up at 7:30. I think that as long as you're prepared tonight you should be able to avoid the butt crack by 10 minutes or so. :up:

Now, before you ask, yes I do remember what it's like to have a kid that age, and I realize that the information above is not the least bit helpful. Eh... it's what I do. :D

Oh, I hope you make it.

DevilsTonic
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 09:49 PM
The butt crack of dawn? Well... let's see... it seems that sunrise tomorrow is 6:07. We're meeting at 7:00 and kickstands up at 7:30. I think that as long as you're prepared tonight you should be able to avoid the butt crack by 10 minutes or so. :up:

Now, before you ask, yes I do remember what it's like to have a kid that age, and I realize that the information above is not the least bit helpful. Eh... it's what I do. :D

Oh, I hope you make it.Well for a six year old, 7:30 is the butt crack of dawn. He didn't get up today until 11am. :D

I will do my best to strap his sleeping ass to my bike and drag him along. Time to go put the pegs and seat back on my bike. With any luck I will see you clowns tomorrow!

GrlRdr
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Sorry...not gonna be able to make it anymore. :( Have fun and be safe!

highpsi03
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I'm still debating on wether it's worth waking up at 7am to ride the speed limit through the canyon's.

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I can't decide whether or not to join in or head up GG or CC and meet up with a few folks at Kathmandu buffet for lunch...

DevilsTonic
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 08:20 AM
My son wouldn't get up in time. You guys have fun out there. Stay dry the weather forecast says it's supposed be a 60% chance of rain today.

Matty
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM
hope ya'll had fun. sorry i didn't make it.

asp_125
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 02:00 PM
First to post! Sittin at the Stone Cup in Lyons, drying off. Great ride, good to put some new faces to names, Rain's comin' gotta go. Pics later.

gtn
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
My son wouldn't get up in time. You guys have fun out there. Stay dry the weather forecast says it's supposed be a 60% chance of rain today.

I can't speak for anyone else, but those of us that came back down Coal Creek Canyon (HWY-72) did get moist.

That sweatshirt that I picked up in Estes Park needed a wash anyway. :rolleyes:

Speaking of sweatshirts, there were three of us that purchased matching sweatshirts in Estes Park. Nothing :slappers: we were just freezeing our nethers off and the shop was having a sale.

Who, that wasn't on the ride, can guess the other two riders?

chad23
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Had fun all but tire trouble, When I got to boulder I had 10psi in the front. hardest ride ever down that canyon, literally had to fight her all the way down. Guess I'll be fixing that little problem tomorrow. Nice meeting all ya'll

missed the rain all the way home

DevilsTonic
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Glad I wasn't able to make it. Little kids don't much appreciate riding in the rain. My little man is a fair weather rider only. :)

SumoWeezle
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Great ride and a nice turn out! Here's some of the northern group pics that I got: http://www.sumoweezle.net/images/cscnewb081008/

there's lots more pics from other folks on the way...

JohnEffinK
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the ride. It was good riding with you.

John
(MOCO group, white/silver gsxr 600 w TX plates...)

Foolds
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Fun ride, every one was safe. Good meeting new folks.

highpsi03
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Glad you guys had a good time. I decided the pace was going to be to slow for my soul so i enjoyed the extra sleepage.

Redflash3
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Great ride and cool meeting some new folks.....the GSXR grew. :)

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Had fun all but tire trouble, When I got to boulder I had 10psi in the front. hardest ride ever down that canyon, literally had to fight her all the way down. Guess I'll be fixing that little problem tomorrow. Nice meeting all ya'll

missed the rain all the way home

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/fixingtire.jpg

SaShWhO
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 03:41 PM
what can I say-----ITALIAN

very cool day---down right nipply at times:slappers:yup I admit it, I was one of the three soft eggs that needed to buy more clothes in Estes.
Me nots are almost decended again--thank goodness.

yours truly,

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hey, it was great meeting some new people. Lots o'fun leading you all and lots....er, sorta fun riding home....before the rain of course.

One bit o'bad news...we saw what I think was an R6 (blue) being hoisted out of the creek on hwy7 while it was still raining buckets. No ambulance if there had been one. There were I think, 2 fire emergency trucks and 2 police cars. The tow truck was backed up to the edge of the road, with the bike on the hoist. Sad news for whomever it was.

Anyhoo, here's more pix...

Stop at the Estes sign...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/estessignstop.jpg

Northern group...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/estesrockwall.jpg

Heading to Estes for some shopping for the cold ones...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/esteslake.jpg

Love the smile...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/Nedgasstation.jpg

Ned group...we added the MoCo bunch...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/nedgroup.jpg

Leads and sweeps (Chad...um...goof)
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/leadsandsweeps.jpg

Bumped into Terra...hmmm...me likey the new vroom, vroom...rar...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/viper.jpg

Our table was taking bets on when the helmet would fall...no one won;-)...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/helmetonperch.jpg

Saying good-bye...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/leavingNed.jpg

It was lovely riding with y'all. Hope to see you again on the road in the weeks and months to come...well, before it gets too cold to ride:-)

asp_125
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/csc/CIMG3051.JPG
MoCo crew

http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/csc/CIMG3053.JPG
Aw crap, I don't have the over the shoulder picture taking mad skillz that Cathy has

http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/csc/CIMG3055.JPG
Ned

Too bad my camera went into wierd video mode for the group shot, so all I got were a few fuzzy frames of the group. Someone else please post the big group shot?

Nice ride, a few of us got to open up the wick in Coal Creek for a few corners. After lunch I took off north towards 7 and hit the nice shower near the top and followed it down 1/2 way to Lyons. One stretch I saw emergency vehicles stopped and personnel looking over the side. It was raining heavily. Cath went by a bit later and saw an R6 being pulled out of the ravine. Glad none of us bit it in the rain.

MikeG
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Great pics, great ride. I had an awesome time and met some cool people. Looking forward to the next one!

Wickid@$$Clown
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I had a great time meeting people and riding with them. I hope who ever's the owner of that R6 is ok.

John

SaShWhO
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 04:19 PM
here a few more pics!

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 04:21 PM
here a few more pics!
Holy crap!!!

LOL

Oh shoot! I forgot my fav pic...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/chrisandsash.jpg

Muah...right back at ya babe(s)...:-D

Erratic
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Nice meeting you guys, and riding with you. I fucking hate mini-vans :scream1: Anyways, it was a fun time. I had some rain right when I got on 36, but it only lasted a few miles. :)

DevilsTonic
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Holy crap!!!

LOL

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/chrisandsash.jpg

Muah...right back at ya babe(s)...:-D:yumyum:

chad23
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Sash thank for letting Michael drool:drool: all over your bike, You are now cooler than me and I should sell my bike to get one like your. And thats a quote from Mike.

Well not the cooler part
Thanks

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
good meeting everyone. Hope to see you you all again soon, maybe at Bdud"s or where ever that is????

SaShWhO
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Sash thank for letting Michael drool:drool: all over your bike, You are now cooler than me and I should sell my bike to get one like your. And thats a quote from Mike.

Well not the cooler part
Thanks

best not show him this then or he'll think I'm ueber-cool.

Snowman
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 07:02 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3267/2751852944_cd5d9ae61d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3081/2751852900_4d23413421.jpg

SumoWeezle
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Holy crap!!!

LOL

Muah...right back at ya babe(s)...:-D

Lol!! Look at those sexxy bitches!! :D

Thanks for putting together an awesome ride, Cathy! I'd lead or sweep for ya anytime! :D

chad23
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 07:31 PM
best not show him this then or he'll think I'm ueber-cool.
Dude that is awesome i thank your the coolest thing since slice bread

chad23
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks to all that put this together you guys/gals(Cathy) rock. Without you super socialite we would all be sitting home watching the olympics. So for that THANK YOU

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM
...we would all be sitting home watching the olympics...

Admit it...that's what you're doing now.:yes:

chad23
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Admit it...that's what you're doing now.:yes:

SOOOOOO:cry:

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 07:51 PM
:lol:

Wow ain't I the fun one? Sitting here, typing away...I have no room to talk.

Next time I get out and ride though, it had better not rain on my parade...that's all I gotta say. Well, not until I've been able to fully get my lean on.:hump:

nate357159
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Great Ride! thanks for playing in the rain with me cathy!!!!

hope everyone made it back ok!

Spinalhaven
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 12:00 AM
may be a newb ride but that did not mean it wasn't fun. :hump:
got to say I love it. and the mini repsol.

CBRSue
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Looks like you guys and gals had fun! :) Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

Here's my favorite:

SiouxBe
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Nice ride.
Great to meet everyone!

200sr20
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Wish I could have made it, looked like a good time!

Devaclis
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Any chance we can get the 2 NEWB ride threads put into one? Mods?

ghost-whiner
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah it was an awesome time... I just gotta get those pics up :D

PaiN
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Great Ride!!!!! Lets do it again.

mtnairlover
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Looks like you guys and gals had fun! :) Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

Here's my favorite:

OMG!!! I saw that pic and went :shocked: and then laughed my ass off.:lol: I need to remember to not be a goofball with so many cameras around.;)

UnoMOTO
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 10:41 AM
It looks like a great time was had, wish I was there.

But at least my sons little league team won our double header 21-1 and 19-4! :rock:

It was worth missing the ride this time.

mtnairlover
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 10:44 AM
It looks like a great time was had, wish I was there.

But at least my sons little league team won our double header 21-1 and 19-4! :rock:

It was worth missing the ride this time.

Cool beans! So, next time then you'll have to join us.:)

Wickid@$$Clown
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Does ANYONE knwo anything about this "Blue R6" that they were pulling out of the ravine? I hope who ever that was is ok and now just needs a new set of leathers and the big Insurance check for a new ride.

John

Sortarican
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Does ANYONE knwo anything about this "Blue R6" that they were pulling out of the ravine?

Fatal accident unfortunetly:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10161235?source=rss

Wickid@$$Clown
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM
$hit... Today is a sad day for us and his family.

Be safe out there...

John

nate357159
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 12:29 PM
...bummer:cry: