PDA

View Full Version : McDs makes me angry

havespacesuit
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Something I wrote the other day to send to McDonalds. Because I was bored, and it wouldn't fit in their submission form, I posted it online.

[web:64777f4a88]http://home.comcast.net/~mcdonaldssaga/[/web:64777f4a88]

kevplus2
Sat Oct 16th, 2004, 10:38 PM
nice

i hate getting all the way home and finding somethingmissing...really chaps my arse. if you notice it before you leave the parking lot and go inside they act like you are trying to rip them off. c'mon it is a cheeseburger fer chrissakes :guns:

friscokidd
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 12:55 AM
I just love how fast food now days have people who dont even speak english trying to take your orders? I mean c'mon, if you cant speak english, how in the hell are you gonna take some ones order correctly?? I feel where that guy is coming from. I ordered a cheeseburger the way i wanted it befor and lo and be hold it wasnt right, driving back and throwing the burger on the counter and asking if any one in the F-ing building spoke english or cared about their customers. It was a rather funny site if you ask me :D

BenDover
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 07:00 AM
:lol: That's pretty funny!

But, that's what you get for going to MacDougals. God, I hate that place!

Stuart Little
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 08:58 AM
i've caved in and just stopped eating at most fast food places, if I really wanted too though, i'd order in spanish and make it easier on the staff.

friscokidd
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 07:33 PM
if I really wanted too though, i'd order in spanish and make it easier on the staff.

naaa....order in broken english and spanish :lol:

Stuart Little
Sun Oct 17th, 2004, 09:25 PM
hell yeah, they'll understand that better, yo quiero two cheesburgers sil vous plait....through in some french to see if they say anything :D

BigE
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 02:40 AM
The "order in English" comments made me laugh 'cause one time I was out in Cali. visiting my Dad, go to a Jack in the Box, they couldn't understand the order at the drive thru, so I go inside to order... tell about 5 different people the order, finally talk to a 16-17 yr old girl and get it right! My complicated order.....a vanilla shake :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course at that place I needed to speak Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish :lol:

Always remember that famous quote from Lethal Weapon "They F@#% you in the drive thru, they F@#% you in the drive thru!" :D

salsashark
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 08:05 AM
:lol:

AirAssault
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 08:29 AM
If you go through the drive though and don't check your order b4 you pull away, then your a dumbass and deserve to be shorted a burger.

(( LO LO ))
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 09:03 AM
This day and age if your not proficient in more than one language, then I say go to school. I'm not defending the spanish speakers of the world, but spanish is spoken in 50% or more of this planet. I agree though that they need to have staff that can understand english and speak it clearly, in order to be an effective customer service employee in the United States where english is the main language spoken.

eaheer
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 09:24 AM
I have been shorten burgers and more from Mc Donalds before. this has happened more than three times. I check all my orders before I leave those type of places. Lesson learned. English is the first language and should be used first. It is nice to have spanish, which works for 50% of the work force. However English is what is important here. So is customer service. I don't think it is the fact of the $1.00 burger it is the principle of the fact that the Manager couldn't take of the missing burger. I hate Mc Donalds, if it weren't for the cheap prices I would never go there! :guns:

Stuart Little
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 09:39 AM
I haven't eaten at a McD in 2 years, I do check the order at like wendy's or something, but should we have to? It's like buying a new bike and checking for an engine....it's probably the reason you went to the dealership a.k.a. McD's in this case....a motorcycle a.k.a. food....

Anyone get that, because I sure as hell don't :coffee:

Anonymous
Mon Oct 18th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Funny story!

I think I know which McD's you're talking about - with the slick-haired manager working the 2nd window. Funny thing is, the last time I was there, he gave me an extra double-cheeseburger - he said he forgot to give it to the guy before me, and his desperate attempts at waiving to the guy as he drove off were futile, so he said I could have it if I wanted.

J/K (about everything but the funny story part) :lol: