PDA

View Full Version : MoCo 7-26&27th

flamed1
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 08:41 AM
My wife and I are coming over from Kansas again. When is the fast group heading out?
Thanks

Got new tires with 0 miles so I will scrub them in friday evening.

vampie
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I've been showing up at 9 so far this year. Need time to nurse my hangover. :drink:

flamed1
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 11:03 PM
lol

flamed1
Sat Jul 26th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks guys for a great ride on Sat. Maybee see ya again Sunday!

Matty
Sat Jul 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys for a great ride on Sat. Maybee see ya again Sunday!
what you mean great ride..... i fucken got an 82 in a 45. I know for a fact i wasn't going that quick. there was a car in front of us. Grrrrr...... Damn Gilpin County. Oh well.

So were you guys waiting there for me and the 2nd cop rolled up on you guys, or did the 2nd cop pull you guys over? The cop that got me said i was glad i didn't run, which i wouldn't have done anyways, but he said he had already radio'd ahead to stop everyone else.

Did anyone else get a ticket???

Anyways, Pat it was good meeting you and your wife. And ya up unitll then the ride was fun. Man i love highway 7.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/housegroover/damn.jpg

jspettel
Sat Jul 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM
When you say MoCo is that the meet up place in Morrisson? I am a noob also and want to ride early Sunday and if you are talking about the place I think you are then I am in. :hump:

vampie
Sat Jul 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Sorry about that crap Matty. He claimed he got me at 79 behind you. I'm not sure what we were doing, but I doubt is was that fast.

We pulled off and were waiting for you when the other trunk rolled up on us. Your cop showed up later and asked us who was behind you and ran all our plates and ID's. I apologized and he let us go.

Matty
Sat Jul 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I apologized and he let us go.
what??? oh well..... well if you got nothing going on Oct. 1st you can come with me to court.

mauser72
Sat Jul 26th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I will be rolling up to the moco at 9:00 sunday looking for people to ride with hopefully ill see you there.

denverbusa
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I've been showin threads for over a month but no $ to replace them. Made my last alimony payment last check so this is my first check that is all mine. :hump: :drink:The first thing I did was put tires on the bike today. I just got back from Scuffin 'em in on Foxton Road so they will be ready for tomorrow.

pr0f1tslay3r
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Is this open to anyone? Been riding solo for a while and figured it's time to branch out. Are there any restrictions or rules you guys have or is it pretty chill

denverbusa
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 01:04 AM
New guys have to buy lunch...:yumyum: jk

Just wear proper gear and do not attract the attention of the Police. You can find "The Pace" on here and it is a good read. You are more than welcome to come down and meet a few like minded souls, talk bikes, have a cup of joe and get in a good ride. If unsure where to put yourself in the group start towards the back and work up after stops or wave a guy past on the strait.

Most important is not to ride above your comfort zone. We always stop at any turn and make sure the group is all there, so if you decide to drop off early make sure you wave to the sweeper so we don't spend time looking or waiting.

I'll be there around 9:00 on the orange Busa and riding with one of my daughters so I will most likely be sweeping. Come say hello.

Mark

pr0f1tslay3r
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 01:19 AM
New guy buys lunch haha yeah that sounds right...thanks for the info I'm going to do my best to make it. I'll be on a black gsxr most likely, ok see ya

Ben

pilot
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 02:18 AM
New guys have to buy lunch...:yumyum: jk

Just wear proper gear and do not attract the attention of the Police. You can find "The Pace" on here and it is a good read. You are more than welcome to come down and meet a few like minded souls, talk bikes, have a cup of joe and get in a good ride. If unsure where to put yourself in the group start towards the back and work up after stops or wave a guy past on the strait.

Most important is not to ride above your comfort zone. We always stop at any turn and make sure the group is all there, so if you decide to drop off early make sure you wave to the sweeper so we don't spend time looking or waiting.

I'll be there around 9:00 on the orange Busa and riding with one of my daughters so I will most likely be sweeping. Come say hello.

MarkMark,
Congrats on making it to the end of the alimony line. Enjoy those new tires. Oh, and I still got your boots, ha.

Bueller
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 06:46 AM

Mark
See you there Mark, I'll be 2 up on the green TLS :)

mauser72
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 03:07 PM
It was nice meeting you guys and had a great ride I was on the buell and had to turn around at loveland pass hope the rest of your ride was uneventfull and safe Ill see you guys around.

pr0f1tslay3r
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah that was cool to meet some people who actually ride, I wish I wouldn't have burnt myself out Sat...next time I wont have to bail out and I can do the whole day thing (except for me buying lunch) once certain areas...ummm, recover, or I find a gel seat that's not $300. Gilpin was crawling with cops... I hope you had a better and faster ride home than I had

-Ben

Bueller
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Many started, few finished :lol:
Good ride, great company, see you guys on the next one.

FZ1Guy
Sun Jul 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
It was a great ride today... Enjoyed meeting all you great folks... Lets do it again. later, Jeff

flamed1
Wed Jul 30th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ride's. My wife and I had a real good time. Matt, sorry about the ticket on the Sat. Denver Busa, Denise has some pics of you and your Daughter. Also have some other picks of the ride we will try and post....later. Hopefully we will get to ride with you all on the next trip.

Sean
Wed Jul 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM
what you mean great ride..... i fucken got an 82 in a 45. I know for a fact i wasn't going that quick. there was a car in front of us. Grrrrr...... Damn Gilpin County. Oh well.

Anyways, Pat it was good meeting you and your wife. And ya up unitll then the ride was fun. Man i love highway 7.
Damn Matty, that sucks!
Was that on Hwy7? Just so I know to keep an eye out.

Mark,
Congrats on making it to the end of the alimony line. Enjoy those new tires. Oh, and I still got your boots, ha.
Oh Man, were these the boots I gave you last Nov? If so I can come pick them up and take them to Mark's?

Mark, I still owe you (and fee911) a couple of beers for hooking me up last year! I still really appreciate that favor!

Matty
Wed Jul 30th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Damn Matty, that sucks!
Was that on Hwy7? Just so I know to keep an eye out.

Nope. On Peak to Peak less than 10 miles from BlackHawk. Grrrrr......

But i might be able to get out of it. He said he got me on radar. however he was travelling the opposite way. If it was a Laser there would be no issue. I'd be screwed but since it's a radar, if i can prove that his radar is not a new one that has the ability to subtract vehicle speed from a moving vehicle i might be able to fight it. we'll see. i might have an attorney help me out. Can't afford a 6 point ticket.

Sean
Wed Jul 30th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Freakin PtoP! Maybe it would just be better if we got together and made a group donation?