PDA

View Full Version : Influences: Proficient Motorcycling

pilot
Fri Jul 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
August 08 edition of Motorcycle Consumer News has a fine article on the "influences" that affect our riding. The author, Ken Condon, covers: traffic, tailgaters, peer pressure, looking the part, new riders, mechanical influences, emotions and fatigue, perceptions, alcohol, and fear.

If you don't get this magazine, you should order it. Each month there are quality articles on all aspects of the rider and riding. And my friend Matt writes the "Downtime Files" on how to fix this and that. Help keep him employed and get a great magazine at the same time.

BTW, if your looking for a rag that has 40-50% of the pages with advertisements and pictures of semi-nude girls on choppers:hump:, forgetaboutit. MCN is the Meat of Meat and Potatoes.

Good reading and riding to you all,
pilot

prius
Wed Aug 27th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Yes, but Drugs and Alcohol influence it the most.

I feel 2-3 beers is just fine... just keep it cool, and you're fine. Just like in a car.

As far as weed... well, use your head... no bong rips! Did that once... couldnt concentrate for shit... but a few hits off the pipe is fine!

Not advocating drunk riding... some do it, some dont :) :) :)

HOTCARCASS
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
It's true people do ride for different reasons. Finding a bud that rides for like reasons makes the riding even better. Finding people that share the passion of riding is easy but finding people that have the same driving influences for that passion is not easy. Good riding buddies are the best! It's been a groovy year on two for me and thanks to all those I got to share some great times with.

daemon
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 06:21 AM
don't get all mushy on us sal....:hump:

i'll check it out pilot.

probably be able to find it at borders???

pilot
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I've not seen it there. I first found out about MCN at the motorcycle show in Denver, 2005. I've been getting it ever since.

Your best bet is to order it on-line.

Merry Christmas to all.

towneh
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM
perhaps.....

Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well

by
David l. Hough

good for folks who lean toward LDR., iba, and the like
bus_henry:drink: