PDA

View Full Version : Heatwave Cycles

AlphaOne
Wed Oct 20th, 2004, 05:13 PM
ADMIN EDIT: This was resolved about 9 posts down and was not a problem with the company. I've left the original post intact so that the replies below make sense, however anyone wishing to purchase from HWC should understand that there was never a problem here, just a lot of impatience.

---------------------------
So if anyone knows about gixxer.com there is a guy that does group buys and his company name is Heatwavecycles.com. Do not I repeat do not buy anything from him. I ordered a full system for my bike a week ago and have called, emailed him numerous times and have recieved one phone call back from him. I still have no idea if i"m every going to get my stuff I paid for already from him and honestly very worried I was just ripped off. I have two words to say to heatwavecycles.....
FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :guns: :guns: :x :x :guns: :321: :321:

UglyDogRacing
Wed Oct 20th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I ordered a full system for my bike a week ago and have called, emailed him numerous times and have recieved one phone call back from him.

It's only been a week?

NineTwoFour
Wed Oct 20th, 2004, 05:26 PM
I'm with Jim... it's only been a week.

A big :down: on the lack of communication... but in the world of motorcycle parts, a week is not a long time to wait for an item.

I think a month and not hearing anything from the guy is the time to start flaming like this on a public forum... not a week.

Anonymous
Wed Oct 20th, 2004, 05:39 PM
1. Please post this stuff in the right forum. I'm moving it there now.

2. A week isn't that long.

3. A week especially isn't that long when you go posting this up on forums across the net.

4. I am one of the admins on gixxer.com - if you have a problem with one of the site sponsors you can contact myself or one of the others (Mr. Gixxer would be your best bet, he handles the sponsors since it's his site) and follow through with that. FWIW they've been a sponsor there for a little while now and we haven't heard negative stuff about them (or else they wouldn't be a sponsor anymore).

5. I don't know where else you posted this, but I do hope you plan to publicly apologize in the event that this little communication issue resolves itself and you get your parts as ordered.

AlphaOne
Wed Oct 20th, 2004, 07:24 PM
well i work in a shipping department and a week is a long time.. since i ship boxes twice the size by ups or fedex ground and the people usually have them in the next two days. and my bad on posting in the worng area................

Anonymous
Wed Oct 20th, 2004, 08:08 PM
You are assuming that the items were shipped from heatwavecycles the day (or day after) you ordered them. I may be wrong, but often times (and especially with motorcycle parts & accessories), the item is first ordered from the national distributor (ie: Tucker Rocky; Lockhart Phillips; Brockton Cycles; etc.) and delivered to the retailer before it gets re-shipped to the consumer. Dealing with the distributors can sometimes take weeks on itself. There may very well be backorder issues that you don't know about.

Be polite when contacting him - many people do not know how, nor want, to deal with an irate customer, and would rather ignore their calls/emails rather than reply. 8)

sickgixx
Thu Oct 21st, 2004, 08:40 AM
I have bought several items from Mike at Heatwave. They are relatively small operation 2 guys. They do not carry much in stock and have been getting flooded with orders due to the fantastic prices they are providing Gixxer.com members.

I ordered a jacket, gloves and a full Yosh system. The items were shipped from Parts Unlimited (Wisconsin) to Heatwave (AZ) then to me in CO. The jacket and gloves arrived in a week and a half. The Yosh system (04 GSX-R 600) is due to arrive today a little over a month after placing the order.

I do not know what exhaust you ordered, but I know that yosh is running a month backorder on quite a few of their systems. I confirmed this with them directly as I was concerned like you about the time it was taking.

The bottom line is that I saved over $ 400 on my total order. Yes it took a little while longer.

A week is not that long. If you need instant gratification buy (over PAY) from a local shop who has the product in stock. You cannot stock tons of inventory and have hordes of employees and offer Heatwave prices.

Please don’t ruin the great deals given by site sponsors by burning them on public forums without giving them every opportunity to make things right.

Give Mike a call 480-539-8848. He is very receptive over the phone and will make every effort to make a customer happy.

AlphaOne
Thu Oct 21st, 2004, 02:39 PM
Ok, so here's the deal... I was wrong number one about heat wave, he's actually pretty cool and I over reacted to the situation. I freaked out beacuse of the high money invovled and all I had was a website to look at, nothing more besides a voice on the other end of the line. But now it's all cool and would like to apologize for posting this post due to it's false information, heatwave cycles is not bad in anyways possible, it was a mere shippng mistake while he was moving, so once again I'm a short tempered dumbass..... :slap:

Anonymous
Thu Oct 21st, 2004, 02:41 PM
:up: Thanks for letting us know!

Please edit your original topic line so it doesn't look like a bad mark for HWC. Thanks. :)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Oct 21st, 2004, 02:42 PM
we wouldn't expect anything less from a n00b!

Monkey
Sun Oct 24th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Is it possible to create a n00b forum where they can banter like idiots and untill they reach 50 posts they can't go the playground with the rest of us?