PDA

View Full Version : Dropped the bike this morning

SVCliff
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Was in a parking lot going about 15-20mph when a full size, white Chevy Blazer came around the corner in my half of the lane. Had to lock up the brakes and put the bike down so the chick wouldn't hit me. She saw me go down, slowed down a little, and then took off without seeing if I was ok.

Called the cops and they said there was nothing they could do since it was on private property, no clearly marked "lanes", and she didn't actually hit me. My frame slider has some rash, as does the mirror, front brake, headlight, and my helmet (wear your gear!). Twisted my ankle a little bit, but other than that, I'm fine. Rode it into work today.

If you see a white Blazer with Colorado license plate number 159RSR, flip her off for me.

Devaclis
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 10:05 AM
What area of Denver. I have a bit if an issue with people who leave the scene like that.

LadyT
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear that...

That is sort of BS though cause I remember once the owners of Coyote said my friends could use their private parking lot to stunt in. Derek ended up getting his bike towed from "private property" cause he was breaking the law.

Strange how the laws change so suddenly sometimes!

Devaclis
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Lone Tree refused to send an officer out after I gor rear ended and the lady ran because "Nobody got hurt"

Hit and run is only illegal if someone is injured? At that time I wished I could stab her in the face over the phone.

SVCliff
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 10:35 AM
What area of Denver. I have a bit if an issue with people who leave the scene like that.

Parker Road and Florida. In the Albertsons parking lot.

Frosty
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I'm glad you made it out mostly unharmed. I feel for you brother!
When I laid my bike down a few weeks ago they said it wasn't a hit and run because I didn't make contact with the other vehicle (trust me, I was injured). Not only did the people I almost hit didn't stop but the 25+ other people who saw it didn't stop either.
I'm sure if I was a dog laying in the street All but 3 people would have stopped but since I was only a fellow human I might as well been a piece of trash.
I'm glad I had my own cell phone so I could call the cops to report it because No one in Highlands Ranch was going to do it for me.

I'm really starting to hate people.

mastap07
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
yah definately glad your ok, i had an incident exactly like yours and ended up breakin my wrist... sorry to hear about your bike and hope your ankle heals quickly. ill keep my eyes open her!

nattynoo
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Sorry pal! That really sucks, but at least you didn't let that slow you down! I think if I dropped my bike, I wouldn't be in the mood to ride it to work that very same day! Your a trooper!

Sean
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Bummer, but it happens to us all. It's an SV, those things are built like tanks...is the ground okay?

SVCliff
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Bummer, but it happens to us all. It's an SV, those things are built like tanks...is the ground okay?

:lol:

The ground had serious injuries. Black scrapes from helmet, black scrapes from motoslider (frame slider), and some good sized scratches. Apparently I left a piece of glove laying there too. I saw a piece of foam and wondered what it was. Got to work and saw the big tear in the palm of my glove. :( Only went through the outer layer (and foam). They were due for replacement anyway.

pilot
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Nothing like the parking lot tango. Glad you and the bike got off with just a few scrapes.

DARK ANGEL
Fri Aug 8th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Called the cops and they said there was nothing they could do since it was on private property, no clearly marked "lanes"

So if they that it is a private parking lot, and they cant do anything due to it being a private parking lot, i think that is a good place to stunt if on were so inclined seeing that the cops cant do anything because its a prive parking lot...

selective enforcement to avoid paperwork, ist the law wonderful... no revenue no assistance..

you all know what i will say bout that....:scream1:

highpsi03
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Parker Road and Florida. In the Albertsons parking lot.
I'm a store manager at that albertsons, when did this happen? And where? I have a closed circuit camera system i can look up. The arapahoe county sheriff wont do much on our lot, but i'm pretty good friends with them because i tend to call them alot for shoplifters. I'm going to assume this happend on the north side of our building by the tanning shop? People fly through that area alot.

Chilly
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 12:34 AM
I'm a store manager at that albertsons, when did this happen? And where? I have a closed circuit camera system i can look up. The arapahoe county sheriff wont do much on our lot, but i'm pretty good friends with them because i tend to call them alot for shoplifters. I'm going to assume this happend on the north side of our building by the tanning shop? People fly through that area alot.

Good looking out, Highpsi!

Xtremjeepn
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 01:54 AM
So if they that it is a private parking lot, and they cant do anything due to it being a private parking lot, i think that is a good place to stunt if on were so inclined seeing that the cops cant do anything because its a prive parking lot...

selective enforcement to avoid paperwork, ist the law wonderful... no revenue no assistance..

you all know what i will say bout that....:scream1:

You need to understand the law better.

There are only 6 driving related charges that can be enforced on private property. (DUI,DUI Per say, DWAI, Careless, Reckless, unsafe backing).

"Careless" would be the only thing even close in this case and there is NO way to prove it without the vehicles making contact. No way to prove that the SUV didn't just startle the biker and his lack of skill forced him to crash, not actually the SUV.

You can go stunt there if you like, but I'm sure the "reckless" would be easy to prove.

SVCliff
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 12:06 AM

Happened around 7am. There was a small bread truck unloading at the time. I'd love to see it on camera if you have it. :) Yep, it was right by the loading dock, by that huge pine tree.

Do you ride the red bike that is parked out front sometimes?

highpsi03
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Happened around 7am. There was a small bread truck unloading at the time. I'd love to see it on camera if you have it. :) Yep, it was right by the loading dock, by that huge pine tree.

Do you ride the red bike that is parked out front sometimes?
If the bike is parked right by the doors, yes that is mine.. I have no camera's out by that side of the store, i'm sorry.. If she was in the lot i can see her on camera from my other camera's. Sucks the cops didn't do anything.. Hmm i might have seen her shoplifting from my store the other night, and then she refused to stop, ya, now that i think about it, i think she did. :hump: Maybe a couple hundred in restitution fees will fix her up. lol.

Brat
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM
id like to kick her in her teeth the driver of that vehicle... acknowledging you by looking then driving off....

armydog1002
Sun Sep 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I hope someone does the same thing to her.

Kappa03
Sun Sep 7th, 2008, 10:09 PM
That sucks glad you're ok.. Too bad it's not on video though dunno how much more it'd help but at least we could watch it if you uploaded it haha.

Yea she sounds like a shoplifter fleeing the scene and driving recklessly in the parking lot nearly hitting a motorcyclist!

exvanex
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 12:16 PM
that sucks

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 12:32 PM
waht she said down there \|/

Sully
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 12:33 PM
old thread resurrection.... :slap:

Humbucker
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Glad you had your gear on! Hopefully you can find this person.:scream1:
If you need some witnesses I'll sign up:cussing:

HR636
Wed Oct 29th, 2008, 01:27 AM
I don't see how even if she's driving on the wrong side of the parking lot that it's her fault you were riding beyond your limits to successfully make an evasive maneuver. You applied too much braking force and washed out, and if you STILL didn't hit her then it was avoidable in the first place. Yes she was wrong for driving on the wrong side of the parking lot, and made a mistake there, but you also made the mistake of not knowing how brake in an emergency and causing yourself to wreck.. Don't take your inexperience out on someone else.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Was in a parking lot going about 15-20mph when a full size, white Chevy Blazer came around the corner in my half of the lane. Had to lock up the brakes and put the bike down so the chick wouldn't hit me. She saw me go down, slowed down a little, and then took off without seeing if I was ok.

Called the cops and they said there was nothing they could do since it was on private property, no clearly marked "lanes", and she didn't actually hit me. My frame slider has some rash, as does the mirror, front brake, headlight, and my helmet (wear your gear!). Twisted my ankle a little bit, but other than that, I'm fine. Rode it into work today.

If you see a white Blazer with Colorado license plate number 159RSR, flip her off for me.
There's a way to find out who she and where she lives via her plate number. So, you can, you know, stop by and say hi. Instances like this, I think some vigilante justice is required. I might still have the info, if you like, PM me.

Sorry to hear it man.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I don't see how even if she's driving on the wrong side of the parking lot that it's her fault you were riding beyond your limits to successfully make an evasive maneuver. You applied too much braking force and washed out, and if you STILL didn't hit her then it was avoidable in the first place. Yes she was wrong for driving on the wrong side of the parking lot, and made a mistake there, but you also made the mistake of not knowing how brake in an emergency and causing yourself to wreck.. Don't take your inexperience out on someone else.
That's a completely F-d up answer. Regardless of his skill level and actions, she was still the root cause of the accident by violating his right of way. He avoided the collision, only to crash avoiding it. If she hadn't F-d up, he wouldn't have crashed. Still her fault.

FALCONSEYE
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.reverse-license-plate.com/index.php?id=202

LollloLOLOLOlololooloLOLOLOLOlolololoL

Mista Black
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 01:44 PM
That's a completely F-d up answer. Regardless of his skill level and actions, she was still the root cause of the accident by violating his right of way. He avoided the collision, only to crash avoiding it. If she hadn't F-d up, he wouldn't have crashed. Still her fault.

No it's not. As I started reading the thread, first question I had was "why the F are you doing 15 to 20 in a parking lot in the first place?" As HR said, if there was no impact with the other vehicle then he could have missed her. I have NEVER intentionally dumped a bike and will never. If you dump it you are 100% guaranteed to go down. If you work to avoid it, maybe/maybe not. Was she in the wrong? Sure, she was probably a dumb ass who shouldn't be driving. But if she didn't hit him and he didn't hit her then the fault of going down is all on the rider.

Glad you and the bike didn't get hurt too bad, though.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Nov 28th, 2008, 02:44 PM
No it's not. As I started reading the thread, first question I had was "why the F are you doing 15 to 20 in a parking lot in the first place?" As HR said, if there was no impact with the other vehicle then he could have missed her. I have NEVER intentionally dumped a bike and will never. If you dump it you are 100% guaranteed to go down. If you work to avoid it, maybe/maybe not. Was she in the wrong? Sure, she was probably a dumb ass who shouldn't be driving. But if she didn't hit him and he didn't hit her then the fault of going down is all on the rider.

Glad you and the bike didn't get hurt too bad, though.
All your crashes being unintentional isn't a great leap upward.:)

Yes, it still is. Correct about intentionally dumping the bike, but the root cause of the accident is still her fault. Period. Did he screw up and NOT make the correct move? Probably, but there are riders of all skill levels out there, and blaming a crash directly caused by someone's violation of their right of way on someone's inexperiance is wrong.

Mista Black
Fri Nov 28th, 2008, 10:56 PM
did she cause the situation? yes. but by his own admission he put the bike on the ground himself. you NEVER dump the bike. it's a guaranteed crash. with proper training and more experience he would have almost certainly avoided the accident even if not the situation. that being the case, again, by his own admission, he dumped the bike.

highpsi03
Sat Nov 29th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Since this occured in my parking lot at my work i know how f'd up that corner is where he crashed. It's blind and people always drive on the wrong side. There is an out and in and i assume she was on the out way coming in to the lot.

wazemoto07
Sat Nov 29th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Dude that sucks totally. I havbe a friend out that way that had a similar experience near there and, same, flippen cops wanted nothing to do with it. I went up to the Dark Horse up in Boulder last week and had a Burger and hung for a while and talked to an ol" friend walked out to leave and someone had kicked or dropped over my ride while I was inside. Scratched up the left side of my fairing as I had just modified and installed them this season. Pissed me off and lucky I had'nt seen it, they would have been beaten severeley, then dragged for a while. I feel your pain and thank the Lord you are alright!!!