PDA

View Full Version : 92 Yamaha XJ600 (Seca II) mods

crazdcanuk
Wed Oct 20th, 2004, 11:39 PM
As the subject suggests, I have a 92 Seca II. Does anybody have any good ideas for power adding mods? I'm looking for possible carb or exhaust mods. Extra parts are cheap for this bike and I wouldn't mind messing around internally with parts (increase flow, etc) as I have access to machining tools.

If anybody has any ideas or can point me to a web site that might have some info on this kind of stuff it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charlie

snatfinder
Wed Oct 20th, 2004, 11:50 PM
best mod ever:
www.suzuki.com
;) just kidding

GSXR-ATW
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:23 PM
PM Sparker, he used to have one, might be able to tell you some things, I saw one report where a guy actually piped and jetted his and the pipe gave him some gains but the jetting took power away.

Sparker
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:56 PM
that thing is only rated at 48hp at the wheel to start with and like 30lbs of torque. the carb system they put on there, genesis, for that bike sucked. a stage one jetting only help the bike start and idle and warm up. actually took away power. honesly nothing you do to it will make it anymore powerful. only thing would be to regear it, if you can find sprockets for it. anything you do will add maybe 5hp at most. not worth it.

crazdcanuk
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Alright, I was wondering if that was going to be the case. Guess I'll just tool around on this until summer and then look for something else. It's my first bike so I wasn't looking for awesome power anyway. Thanks for the advise.