PDA

View Full Version : help needed rough idle and no power at 5k and chain issuses

vwxyz_xj
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I have a 93 GSXR 1100
I put a 4 to 1 exhaust on this year with a jet kit. it ran good for a while now it won't go above 5K without bogging dow then once it gets to 7k it picks up again the loses power at abot 8.5 and will not go above.

I think it just needs syncronised again but don't wont to or well dont have the money to put it in the shop.

it also needs the chain replaced (i have a chain and sprockets just no center stand or chain breaker or press)

so basicly looking for someone that has a clue and equipment.

thanks for looking
Lee

chad23
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM
buy the book and fix it yourself. It's as cheep as it gets. Plus one can never have enough tools
Good luck

honda919
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 08:55 AM
sounds like your carbs are gummed or need synched/jetting. This is a pain as i did it on my new/old bike. The chain is fairly easy if you have a chain cutter and a stand.. Were are you located?

vwxyz_xj
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 11:28 AM
westminster (136th and huron)

I have most of the tools and do want to do this my self i'm just lost never really torn into the bike before. i even have the manual for it.

chad23
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 11:39 AM
read first, then read it again with the bike in front of you to physically see what it is talking about....Start tearing into it. Be patient and have fun
I have faith young grasshopper

RF900guy
Sat Aug 9th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I would love to get my hands on your bike so that I can put the engine in my RF900. It runs the earlier water cooled GSXR engine similar to yours. I'm not much help on tuning the carbs. The RF900's have issues with the carbs emulsion tubes and needles getting worn and causing them to run rich over time. The more they get worn, the richer it can run. Check your plugs and your exhaust pipe for carbon. I used to have a link to a place where spare carb parts. I will look for it if you need the information.

I replaced the chain and sprockets on my RF900 last year. It is not that hard but you need the right tools to break the old chain and connect the replacement chain. Make sure you get the rivet style master link instead of the clip on style. I've heard that the clip on can come off during the worst time.