PDA

View Full Version : tracks/trails in foco

Durt
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 03:14 PM
i just got a 2007 YZ250F after 3 years of not riding and im getting started again. besides two rivers, anyone know of anyother good places to ride near ft collins, mx and trail?

Buddau
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
VDR or Berthoud would be your best and closest choice for a track. To ride there you must pay a yearly membership fee $14 and pay for the daily use fee $14. A little further south is IMI. Not as good as VDR, but less expensive and a little more forgiving for the beginning dirt rider.

Trails would be Red Feathers park. A little further and west of Larimie WY, there is Rob Roy and Lake Owen. Lots of good riding up there. You will need WY OHV tags. Our CO tags are not honored there.
There is more I just have not found it yet.

Trail riding you need to have OHV tags on your bike and have a spark arrestor. Track riding you only need big balls.

skortch
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Well, there are trails up around Old Flowers Road, off Buckhorn Canyon, Pingree Park, and the Poudre. Look under the Rockies section on advrider.com for more info:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

i just got a 2007 YZ250F after 3 years of not riding and im getting started again. besides two rivers, anyone know of anyother good places to ride near ft collins, mx and trail?

Buddau
Sun Aug 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Check out this website.....traildamage.com (http://www.traildamage.com/google_colorado.php)

irdave
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah- do a bit of riding up off of 44H- Moody Hill, Crystal Mountain. There are also good places up the Poudre Canyon, 7 Mile and the area.

Most shops (Motoadventure at least) will have OHV trail maps for free from the state. That'll get you started. And you can swing by the house- I can show you the trails on the map, and I can give you a call the next time we go up.

Oh. For the novice MX rider, I find Berthoud (VDR) to be really good. You can roll/half jump everything. Nothing there do you have to "just go for it."