PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Excited For SnowBoard/Skiing Season?!?!?

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Just bought my season pass today. had to pay $579 for the EPIC Pass. All the prices listed on snow.com with the 3 different types of passes are for renewls only.

oh well, i guess i'll just have to make more trips to Vail this season.

oh and here are some random pics.

8935 8939

8936 8937

Sully
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 03:59 PM
:yes:.. I'm ready... Just don't get hurt between now and then !

Shea
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM
:yes:.. I'm ready... Just don't get hurt between now and then !

I'm sorry what? Too busy staring at your avatar :)

~Barn~
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Damn! Are you gonna go that much to Vail/BC??

If so, lemme know, cause I'll pitch in for gas! :lol:

kosh
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Im gonna miss this season:cry:

damn iraqis:banghead:

Devaclis
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I really miss boarding. I have been in a board since about 1984. My fall a couple of years ago is preventing me from getting back up there. That, and the fact that I hate the drive up and back. I hate the people on the mountain. I hate the prices. ......

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Damn! Are you gonna go that much to Vail/BC??

If so, lemme know, cause I'll pitch in for gas! :lol:

probably not... but since the other passes aren't available unless you had a season pass within the last 3 years, the Epic pass is the only one i could get. oh well. if i go to vail 8 or 9 times the Pass will have been paid for. shit if i didn't feel like hitting the local resorts back in SoCal, i would drive the 4 1/2 hours to Mammoth. leave the house at 4am, get there at 9. ride all day and drive home.

Sully
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM
It's ok Brandon, Matty is uber rich !

~Barn~
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Actually, the good ol' Colorado Pass, and Summit Pass, will be availabe for sale in November. (According to the Snow.com website, anyway).

~Barn~
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Then again, the site also says "Starting Labor Day weekend". Either way... That's a $140 dif.
:dunno:

EDIT: The bit I read about November, may have actually been when pass sales end. Going on sale in Nov, doesn't exactly make sense.

sky_blue
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hey Matty, You and me, dude, ROAD TRIP TO MOUNTAIN HIGH!!! YES!!

Devaclis
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Your avatar? Fuck You You fucking Fucker? Am I close?

And your kittah sig still makes me smile :)

Anyone pick up some good deals at the SNIAGRAB this year?

sky_blue
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Your avatar? Fuck You You fucking Fucker? Am I close?

Yep.

Kittah FTW!

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:33 PM
:down:

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM
sweet i just called Vail Resorts and they refunded my money..... They said i can wait till Labor Day weekend and get the Colorado Pass for for $439!!!

Woooo Hoooo!!!!

salsashark
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I really miss boarding. I have been in a board since about 1984. My fall a couple of years ago is preventing me from getting back up there. That, and the fact that I hate the drive up and back. I hate the people on the mountain. I hate the prices. ......

Used to be a way of life... funny how things change. Used to go up almost every weekend, but for the last few years I've been too busy to make it more than once or twice. Also, I need to get some custom insoles made because having the feeling of nails being driven through my feet does not make for a fun day.

As for traffic and the people, I'm also right there with ya... Used to be an easy commute, leave around 7 and be @ Copper in about an hour and a half... now traffic sux ass and if you're not out of Denver by the ass crack of dawn, you're sitting in traffic for ever. I think I've become spoiled since my friend's mom bought a third of a house in Silverthorne before she died so we usually make a weekend out of riding every once in a while. Head up Friday night, ride on Saturday, get the hell out of the mountains Sunday morning before the traffic.

I'm also tired of the never ending "Let's see how expensive we can make it" game that Intrawest and Vail Associates love to play. Now I understand the rise in prices to a degree, but I can not justify the prices of tix now... they're ridiculous. Even the passes are getting to be outrageous. The resorts used to cut deals for locals, but they seem to have adopted an "F you" attitude since we're not their bread and butter.

All that being said, I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to pick up a pass... maybe a 4-pass or two, but I don't know... maybe a pass to Loveland and tell the big two to get pissed.

/rant

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm also tired of the never ending "Let's see how expensive we can make it" game that Intrawest and Vail Associates love to play. Now I understand the rise in prices to a degree, but I can not justify the prices of tix now... they're ridiculous. Even the passes are getting to be outrageous. The resorts used to cut deals for locals, but they seem to have adopted an "F you" attitude since we're not their bread and butter.

wow... we have it so tough out here. half a dozen huge ass resorts within 2 hours away and a season pass costs a whopping $400+.

Back in SoCal there were 3 major resorts plus Mammoth. Mt. High (smaller than A-Basin), Big Bear (a lil bigger than A-Basin), and Snow Summit(same size as A-Basin). or a 4 1/2 hour drive to Mammoth (a lil smaller than Vail).

Mt High season pass was $349. Big Bear and Snow Summit together were like in the almost $500 range. and Mammoth, forget about it, how about $1675.

Ninja Nate
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I'm totally ready, I hope the snow is as good as it was in Utah :up:

This will be my first Colorado Winter, so i'm wondering what pass to get? Which resorts are closest to the springs? Which resorts ban snowboards? I'm ready for POWDER!!!

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I'm totally ready, I hope the snow is as good as it was in Utah :up:

This will be my first Colorado Winter, so i'm wondering what pass to get? Which resorts are closest to the springs? Which resorts ban snowboards? I'm ready for POWDER!!!

go to www.snow.com (http://www.snow.com)

Sortarican
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Which resorts ban snowboards?

Not sure since I'm still a two planker, but I think all the areas allow knuckle-draggers...ummm... I mean snowboarders.

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Not sure since I'm still a two planker,
that's alright dad... i'll still ride with ya!

Ninja Nate
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Well, looks like the Epic pass would be what I need...

Does anyone camp out in parking lots, or is that frowned upon?

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Well, looks like the Epic pass would be what I need...

Does anyone camp out in parking lots, or is that frowned upon?

if you don't plan on riding at either Vail or Beaver Creek all that much wait till Labor Day and get the Colorado Pass. It's far less expensive. you'll still get 10 days at the two resorts plus unlimited to Keystone, Breck, and A-Basin....

salsashark
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:41 PM
wow... we have it so tough out here. half a dozen huge ass resorts within 2 hours away and a season pass costs a whopping $400+.

Back in SoCal there were 3 major resorts plus Mammoth. Mt. High (smaller than A-Basin), Big Bear (a lil bigger than A-Basin), and Snow Summit(same size as A-Basin). or a 4 1/2 hour drive to Mammoth (a lil smaller than Vail).

Mt High season pass was $349. Big Bear and Snow Summit together were like in the almost $500 range. and Mammoth, forget about it, how about $1675.

Yeah... well... I'm a spoiled, whiny Colorado native who liked the skiing the way it was! Wanna make somethin' of it?! :lol:

Damn Californians! Gotta ruin it for the rest of us!

Ninja Nate
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
if you don't plan on riding at either Vail or Beaver Creek all that much wait till Labor Day and get the Colorado Pass. It's far less expensive. you'll still get 10 days at the two resorts plus unlimited to Keystone, Breck, and A-Basin....

I didn't see anything about the Colorado pass, only to renew it. How much is it and where do I get it?

arcatacat
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
i would drive the 4 1/2 hours to Mammoth. leave the house at 4am, get there at 9. ride all day and drive home.

Did that many, many times. In the end, I just moved there and stayed for 2 winters. A couple of the best years of my life.

ROAD TRIP TO MOUNTAIN HIGH!!! YES!!

:shocked:

I used to TEAR that place UP.

:down:

LOL! And that's about the end of it.

salsashark
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I didn't see anything about the Colorado pass, only to renew it. How much is it and where do I get it?

I think they set up a booth at Sniagrab every year to sell passes.

arcatacat
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I was thinking about just getting the buddy pass this year and 86ing the whole idea of Vail based on parking fees, extra drive time and the like... but some of the best afternoons after a day on the hill is sitting at the outside bar at the Ritz and enjoying a few beers. I guess for $40 it's worth it, eh?

:yes:

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM
they become available Labor Day weekend. you can get them at Colorado Ski and Golf.

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM

:shocked:

I used to TEAR that place UP.

Hahahaha... a couple of old ass pics from Mt. High.

8941 8942

8943 8944

sky_blue
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Flower box in the playground. Slayer in the playground, and the swingset on upper Chisolm. Good times...

Glad it's never crowded at good old MH.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk160/sky_blue909/snow/coyotecrowd.gif

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk160/sky_blue909/snow/crowdBREline.gif

prakarp
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 07:14 PM

Exactly. I had the Colorado pass last year, and I went up 23 times. 5 times to Vail. It's so much easier to get to Breck or Keystone ... and, at the end of the season, go to A-Basin for the crazy stuff. No need to spend the extra $ for the Epic pass. BTW, Keystone has a free lot to park in, and parking at Vail is minimum $20. Gotta factor that in, too!

Ninja Nate
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Exactly. I had the Colorado pass last year, and I went up 23 times. 5 times to Vail. It's so much easier to get to Breck or Keystone ... and, at the end of the season, go to A-Basin for the crazy stuff. No need to spend the extra $ for the Epic pass. BTW, Keystone has a free lot to park in, and parking at Vail is minimum $20. Gotta factor that in, too!

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be waiting for the Colorado pass :up:

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Slayer in the playground

nope that was when the slayer rail was below Conquest. kind of to the left of where those begginer hits and rails are before the playground. above the Slayer rail was that 60-80 foot yellow big ass single rail.

that was about 4 or 5 seasons ago.

the A-frame at the top of lower chisolm and flower box were 2 seasons ago.

TheStig
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Matty Ill ride with ya! You can show me how to do the rails. I love hitting kickers but rails have freaked me out so far so I havent tried them much. But I dont have any friends that like the park which is what I love. I like the pipe to although it usually doesnt like me haha.

Crappy vid from last year at Abasin, my binding busted on the first hit so I went kinda funky off the second...
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=28987631

Matty
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
ya i can't ride the pipe for shit......

shit..... I'm just hopeing i can make it through a whole day without my leg starting to hurt or get sore. as for the park this year. i probably won't be hitting anything until the 2nd half of the season. if anything they'll be small hits and rails.

Ninja Nate
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I grew up on the East coast, I loved the parks. Then I moved out West and realized my 153 just wasn't gonna cut it, now I have a 170 and a 172 and damn do I love powder! I will most likely never go back to park/pipe and I'm ok with it.

blue02celi
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM
oooooooooooooohhhh
I wanna learn I wanna learn!

have always wanted to snowboard but I've never tried it... this my 2nd winter out here in CO so think its bout time I got some used gear and hit up a mountain (which Im sure will be a bunny slope lol)

highpsi03
Tue Aug 12th, 2008, 12:43 AM
O yaaaa im ready! I love the look on people's faces when i pass them on the eisenhower tunnel in a blizzard in my little sports car.. (they don't know it's a 400hp awd) I'm also getting the epic pass, i've worn out my copper pass the past couple seasons.. Time for something new.

Player 2
Thu Aug 14th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Actually, the good ol' Colorado Pass, and Summit Pass, will be availabe for sale in November. (According to the Snow.com website, anyway).
WOOHOO! Just renewed my pass tonight!

Thank you for renewing your pass for the 2008/2009 season! You are now one step closer to hitting the slopes!
Adult Colorado Pass 08/09

Time to get it on... :hump:

Gainer
Thu Aug 14th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I know Matty, Sully, Dana, and the rest will kick my ass in the canyons on a bike. But, the mountains and the snow are my relm. Don't worry if you can't keep up, I'll wait.

Player 2
Thu Aug 14th, 2008, 03:28 AM
they become available Labor Day weekend. you can get them at Colorado Ski and Golf.
http://ColoradoPass.com :up:

Mister Z
Thu Aug 14th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Here in Misawa, Japan it is only 30-50$ and you can board/ski all day long. Ofcourse, you have all the backdoor trails which have no admission :) Some snow banks, 6ft + that you can just ramp off and land into...

Matty
Thu Aug 14th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I know Matty, Sully, Dana, and the rest will kick my ass in the canyons on a bike. But, the mountains and the snow are my relm. Don't worry if you can't keep up, I'll wait.
i guess it should be fun riding with you then. shall i ride switch or regular?