PDA

View Full Version : Weekend ride - Best of the western slope!

kC-rc51
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and am looking into a long 2 day ride the weekend of the 23/24th. Leave from Glenwood springs early sat. head down to Carbondale (133) over Mclure pass to CO-92 along the north rim of the Black Canyon (quite possibly the finest road in CO). Then down to Lake City, over to Cortez on 160, up 145 to Telluride, then up to 141 to Gateway/Grand Junction. Some of the best twisties, sweepers, scenery, riding in the state. It can be a welcome releif from the clogged canyons of the front range to get out on some open roads. Some of these roads have perfect pavement and never the need to pass a car.

I'll be riding at a decent pace, nothing worthy of jail time, but most of these roads encourage a little bit of pushing it, as does the distance. I'll be on a Honda RC51, with only a light overnight bag, probably get a cheap-o hotel in Cortez, or Rico or Delores. I mostly eat gas station hot dogs while on the road.

Let me know if you are interested.

Bashed
Mon Aug 11th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I like this guy already and we have never even met.
Sorry as I am off on another adventure of my own that weekend
or I would join you.Maybe next time.

Peace Bash

GSXRJOHNNY
Tue Aug 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Sounds like a great trip! We should keep this trip in mind for next year at about the same time.

asp_125
Tue Aug 12th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Great route, great bike for that route!